Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The SDA church IS God's remnant church of Revelation....  (Read 6857 times)

reddogs

The SDA church IS God's remnant church of Revelation....
« on: September 13, 2008, 06:01:18 AM »

The SDA church IS God's remnant church of Revelation....

....but who are the Remnant?

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The Adventist church teaches Gods Commandments and has the Testimony of Jesus Christ, but do the members follow what God has given them as His truth?

Only those who keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ will be part of the Remnant at the end, so those that do not hold on to this or accept it, cannot be the Remnant. If some Adventist fall away as more and more members are picking up strange philosophies, or private interpretations or letting go of the truth and letting go of the Sabbath, and stop believing in the testimonies given through the Spirit of Prophecy, even a hardening of the heart against the truth that they once loved, will they be part of the Remnant of Revelation, I think not.

So what about other Christians, what truth will they have to accept to be part of the Remant as given in Revelation?

Is it different than what truth the thief at the cross had to accept......?

Emma

Re: The SDA church IS God's remnant church of Revelation....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:57:47 PM »

I believe God will judge each of us according to the light we have received.....and I leave the judging to Him.

Certainly we should be examining ourselves in His light...but I am not going to pass judgement on others.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 04:17:16 PM »

I believe God will judge each of us according to the light we have received.....and I leave the judging to Him.

Certainly we should be examining ourselves in His light...but I am not going to pass judgement on others.

I have aways liked my dad's answer when I asked that as a child. He didn't believe it would only be a church such as we knew,but would include many from all area's of life .
He did not believe there to be this mass baptism at the end, making all members of a select church. More that many would come out of the churches,horror's of horror's even SDA's to a common belief or faith
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »

So what about other Christians, what truth will they have to accept to be part of the Remant as given in Revelation?

"Soon our eyes were drawn to the east, for a small black cloud had appeared, about half as large as a man's hand, which we all knew was the sign of the Son of man" (EW 15).

Now if you consider how we could all know that, you would come up with one thing that probably all would believe in, which has to do with Rev. 12:17. For where can we find out what the sign of the Son of man is?

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd" (John 10:16).

Rev. 12:17, I believe, identifies the one fold Jesus foretold that all the redeemed would be in at the very end of time.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 10:58:21 AM »

consider how we could all know that, you would come up with one thing that probably all would believe in, which has to do with Rev. 12:17. For where can we find out what the sign of the Son of man is?

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd" (John 10:16).

Rev. 12:17, I believe, identifies the one fold Jesus foretold that all the redeemed would be in at the very end of time.

Dosen't EW say 1 in 20? would be saved from the chruch that you identify. Not great odds. Maybe what they know is only part of the story
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 02:06:50 PM »

"Standard after standard was left to trail in the dust as company after company from the Lord's army joined the foe and tribe after tribe from the ranks of the enemy united with the commandment-keeping people of God" (8T 41).

Johann

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 02:25:17 PM »

"Standard after standard was left to trail in the dust as company after company from the Lord's army joined the foe and tribe after tribe from the ranks of the enemy united with the commandment-keeping people of God" (8T 41).

While this is true, and a great warning to us, should our proclamation be an appeal to follow "us" because we are the only ones that will be saved, or to follow Jesus all the way?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »

Standard after standard was left to trail in the dust as company after company from the Lord's army joined the foe and tribe after tribe from the ranks of the enemy united with the commandment-keeping people of God" (8T 41).

Does this in some way negate the low number of 1 in 20 prefessed adventist christians will saved?

reddogs

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 10:52:30 AM »

Just as the Jews were to carry Gods standard to the world so they could see Gods truth, so Adventist have been given Gods standards to carry forth in the end time. So you look at since the cross, how many Jews have accepted Christ and the Gospel He brought, a lot less than 1 in 20........if we allow ourselves to be taken on another path or fall away from the truth or outright reject the truth because of some disagreement or private interpretation as some have on the online forums, many Adventist will not be with the remnant at the end.....

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 11:02:15 AM »

Just as the Jews were to carry Gods standard to the world so they could see Gods truth, so Adventist have been given Gods standards to carry forth in the end time. So you look at since the cross, how many Jews have accepted Christ and the Gospel He brought, a lot less than 1 in 20........if we allow ourselves to be taken on another path or fall away from the truth or outright reject the truth because of some disagreement or private interpretation as some have on the online forums, many Adventist will not be with the remnant at the end.....

Amen!

Habanero

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »

Is it possible that the fold is not one made by human hands, like all churches and denominations are?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »

Certainly. But then, I don't think the Adventist Church was made by mere human hands, given our history.

Habanero

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 08:29:58 PM »

Certainly. But then, I don't think the Adventist Church was made by mere human hands, given our history.

I don't believe any church would say differently about themselves.

Johann

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 06:19:53 AM »

Was God working on the heart of Martin Luther? Karlstadt? Wesley? John Rogers? Martin Luther King? Tischendorf?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 08:02:02 PM »

Others also have histories, just as amazing and miraculous.................

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: [1]   Go Up