Welcome & Information Category > Suggestion Box

Formal Doctrinal Debate section, can steps be posted?

(1/3) > >>

reddogs:
Need better instructions on steps to having a formal debate in the Formal Doctrinal Debate section.
All it says is "For formal debating of pre-approved topics by approved persons."  :scratch:

Can the steps be posted somewhere in the Formal Doctrinal Debate section so its easy to find?

Thanks
Red :TY:

inga:

--- Quote from: reddogs on April 16, 2008, 10:12:14 AM ---Need better instructions on steps to having a formal debate in the Formal Doctrinal Debate section.
All it says is "For formal debating of pre-approved topics by approved persons."  :scratch:

Can the steps be posted somewhere in the Formal Doctrinal Debate section so its easy to find?

Thanks
Red :TY:

--- End quote ---
Good question.

However, whatever the "steps" are, I'm not likely to participate. The very name of the section has intimidating and possibly divisive implications.

It's one thing to discuss our understanding of certain issues which may be doctrinally related. It's what we do all the time in the living room or the park on a Sabbath afternoon or any evening of the week.

But a "formal doctrinal debate"??!!

Count me out.

It's likely ironic that I should be posting this, because I've probably been involved in more doctrinal discussion on the net -- and some might be deemed to be "formal," though never announced as such -- than most other posters here.

However, I've never known such a "Formal Doctrinal Debate" section announced on any forum. "Pre-approved topics" by "approved persons." Sounds rather ominously Orwellian.  :scratch:

Daryl Fawcett:
There is a forum doing this, which precipitated this one.

The process hasn't yet been established, however, once it is, it will be posted there as a sticky.

Tsatsui:
I'd like to suggest that the intent might be better served if the name was changed to something like "formal doctrinal discussion".

Ginge:
Or just "Doctrinal Discussion"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version