Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

Doug Bachelor Preaches Against Women Pastors & Elders

<< < (29/31) > >>

princessdi:
This is kind of an unpopular response to your question, but here goes........  Sin is sin, and iffn you are going to start clearing out the homosexual pastors, you gots to clear out the ones who are committing "same sex"  adultery and fornication, lying, stealing money, etc., etc.  We tend to focus to the sins on which we, not God, rank as more sinful that others.  Homsexuals and pregnant teen girls can always expect to feel the full brunt of the law. 

Johann:
I'd say that all depends on if he permits his homosexual leanings to govern his life, or if he is fully committed to the Lord and conquers in his temptations.

This may not be the answer you were expecting, but I have known such a person who, as far as I know, gained full control over his temptations. Only his wife knew about his tendencies and did not reveal it until more than 20 years after his death.

--- Quote from: heartfan on February 27, 2011, 06:38:42 PM ---Do you believe that a homosexual man should be able to pastor?

--- Quote from: Alex L. Walker on February 22, 2011, 11:35:22 AM ---I would also pose a question for Johann, Robert and Bob Pickle:

Do you believe that divorced men should be able to pastor?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

abrasax:

--- Quote from: Johann on February 28, 2011, 01:02:15 PM ---I'd say that all depends on if he permits his homosexual leanings to govern his life, or if he is fully committed to the Lord and conquers in his temptations.

This may not be the answer you were expecting, but I have known such a person who, as far as I know, gained full control over his temptations. Only his wife knew about his tendencies and did not reveal it until more than 20 years after his death.

--- Quote from: heartfan on February 27, 2011, 06:38:42 PM ---Do you believe that a homosexual man should be able to pastor?

--- Quote from: Alex L. Walker on February 22, 2011, 11:35:22 AM ---I would also pose a question for Johann, Robert and Bob Pickle:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Homosexuals, women, murderers who are we to say who can preach and who can't? If God calls someone to preach then they should do just that, instead of listening to judgmental Christians saying who should "be allowed" to preach or not.

There were obviously women preachers in the bible but even if there were not that doesn't mean they "shouldn't be allowed" to exist now. They did not use cars, eat McHamburgers or play basketball in the bible but that doesn't make these things wrong. If someone is called to preach, let them preach. Just because someone is preaching doesn't mean you have to listen either. Let people do what they will, let God worry about what is right and wrong for other people.

tinka:
There are millions of preachers out there who preach their own doctrine and uneducated opinions.

What is supposed to happen for a true message comes under a "foundational true biblical account" guided by a close organized way meaning education of scriptures and then "Ordained" or "Blessed" by the teachers that they will give a complete true account as most SDA "preachers" do to follow the pure church.

As far as the women in the Bible and their leadership and teaching,  was the same similiar scenairo as EGW. She was ordained as a messenger by God as she claims and was not ordained by men as a preacher. So why would she let men and human hands ordain her when she already knew God's hand was on her. I see no place where the women of the Bible were ordained by men.  All churches have rituals to define the same way for whatever religion. Our choice is to know which one is right and then fellowship with the leader and people of truth. and we can't know that unless we study for ourselves or else we are led by man and his own opinion. Ordination was to secure facts as true before one goes out and takes the responsibility of being a false preacher.....which many are.

princessdi:
Excellent answer, Pastor!

Tinka, you are allowing for God to have used EGW and the women in the Bible as leaders, preachers, prophets.  Why do you believe He stopped at some point?  If He chose to use women then, then why not now?  I mean by far, the women did not seem to have nearly as many issues as the men chosen to be leaders, preachers, prophets.There is no reasons given, besides the insecurities of men and their desire to rule over women. 

I only read in the Bible about women submitting(willingly) to their husbands, not all women being subject to all men by station of their birth. 

--- Quote from: Johann on February 28, 2011, 01:02:15 PM ---I'd say that all depends on if he permits his homosexual leanings to govern his life, or if he is fully committed to the Lord and conquers in his temptations.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version