Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Seventh-day Adventist Church Engaging in Discretion or a Cover-up?  (Read 17537 times)

childoftheking

Makes me want to buy the book. I guess I wouldn't have noticed except for the announcement. But that's how it is when so called religious people try to cover things up. Makes it more interesting and actually gives it the publicity they are trying to avoid.

Johann

David Dennis was at the Adventist Today booth at the last General Conference Session 2005 where he signed copies of his book.

Johann, are you sure it was David Dennis?

No, I'm not sure. There were many similarities in the story of a man I met there in 2005.

The attached book is the experience of a dentist with a SDA Trust Service. The publication entitled Truth Decay by Dr. Albert Koppel, D.D.S. is being posted on this website free of charge. If you desire hard copies for yourself or your friends please sent $5.95 each plus $ 2.00 for shipping and handling to : . . .  

http://www.advmca.org/truth_decay.html

This is the dentist who signed his books in 2005.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

That was also one of the books they were forbidden to bring to the GC session this year, Johann!  See below--

ADVENTIST TODAY WILL NOT DISPLAY THREE BOOKS AT GC SESSION
Posted March 3rd, 2010 by News Staff

Adventist Today received a letter from the General Conference official responsible for the administration of the 2010 Seventh-day Adventist General Conference session in Atlanta, Georgia asking that Adventist Today not "stock, sell, promote, or advertise" three books at its booth during the week of the Atlanta General Conference session.

These three books are (1) Fatal Accounts: The Audacity of an Adventist Auditor's Quest for Transparency by David Dennis, (2) Truth Decay: A Call for Accountability and Transparency in the Adventist Church by Albert C. Koppel, DDS, and, (3) Who Watches? Who Cares: Misadventures in Stewardship by Douglas Hackleman.

The letter asked that Adventist Today withdraw as an exhibitor should it be unwilling to comply with the request. After careful deliberation, the Executive Committee of the Adventist Foundation Board decided that it would accede and not display these three books at its booth during the GC session.

These books are available for purchase in our store or by calling 1-800-236-3641.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

childoftheking

GRAT

David Dennis will be speaking at the Tierrasanta SDA Church in San Diego on May 8.  Wish I didn't live about 1000 miles north of there. 

childoftheking

I just read the book "Fatal Accounts". Now I know why the GC doesn't want Adventist Today to "stock, sell, promote, or advertise" this book at its booth during the week of the Atlanta General Conference session. But there is nothing to keep you from getting it now.

I read it in one sitting. It is a relatively thin book and I couldn't put it down until I finished.

tinka

• Veteran Member

I'm about afraid to ask the outcome. What is your account of it? Don't have the book.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

Do people know when they have crossed the line from ministry to career, from from seeking the lost to seeking their dollars, from spreading the gospel to increasing membership, from caring for individuals to caring for the church?

childoftheking

Tinka, All I'm going to say is you would have to read it for yourself to believe it! I don't think the ending has been written yet.

tinka

• Veteran Member

childoftheking,
Would you consider this book written with facts?  I'll have to scroll back and see the link where to get it.

childoftheking

The book was written from David Dennis's point of view as he saw things. However because of his job and lawsuit he was in a position to know church politics and policy. It is amazing to me that he is still a faithful supporter of the church both by his words, his actions and financially.

George, I hear what you are saying. I'm sure they can convince themselves that they have the greater good at heart and that those who point out wrongs are trouble makers out to bring down the church. It is part of the gospel of prosperity. If you are in favor with the church and are prospering financially your brethren can surely see that you must be a good and admirable person and must be doing God's work.

tinka

• Veteran Member

childoftheking,
Thank you much for that explanation of Dennis. I can now fully relate to him being still faithful after his knowledge of inner situations. We also know that this message is truth no matter what and had similar situations. But you cannot turn your back once you are a true believer. At least some cannot. So that says a lot about him. I will be getting the book. If it is basically what I think it only substanciates what EGW saw with tears running down on what would happen to the SDA people as the "Omega" of the church sets in.

I guess it all melts down to the summary of one of her statements. "Once you had the truth, what will do you with it"? or Will you just let it pass you by.

I think the most amzaing thing is that most Adventist believe some of it as they take on baptism but they just can't follow through or walk it as self gets in the way. and of course most do the basics and lack a lot of common sense understanding how getting into the "inspirational" writings of finer details as a lot of the Testamonies are addressing different situations for different people.  Probably the best physcology books one can ever read.

Of course I cannot blame them entirely because most people early in their walk in this day do not have much time to do this as a lot have to survive with much work and families to take care of. I am not sure I would have done all the reading with the schedule I had in life but surgery and great back trouble caused me to be flat on my back for many times and I decided to make use of it. So I hardly let one word of it get by. Finally the back trouble went and was tremendously glad for the time spent. I found I made a lot of mistakes and things might have gone better is I just would have done this early in life even if I was 5th generation. The kind of person I am is that eventually I had to find out why I was an SDA (smile).  So I still make mistakes but am aware and very sad when I do. It is quite ironic but my birth name was Dennis.
Thanks again
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up