Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175480 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »

I had a nice chat with PJ just the other day. Seems like a nice guy.

Johann

« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »

Does this mean that Tommy cannot stay anywhere else than within the state of Virginia for a while?

I feel bad for Tommy. He and I were together in 6 different countries. You get a special feeling for a person when you travel and eat together, staying at the same quarters, watching 3ABN together where his daughter was singing, and afterward he expressed his happiness that she did so well.

Danny and Linda were traveling as well - and we all had a great time together, most of the time. People came to me requesting to join our company, as I was making our travel plans.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2010, 05:04:10 PM »

Does this mean that Tommy cannot stay anywhere else than within the state of Virginia for a while?

I feel bad for Tommy. He and I were together in 6 different countries. You get a special feeling for a person when you travel and eat together, staying at the same quarters, watching 3ABN together where his daughter was singing, and afterward he expressed his happiness that she did so well.

Danny and Linda were traveling as well - and we all had a great time together, most of the time. People came to me requesting to join our company, as I was making our travel plans.

There is no question that Tommy is extremely talented and has numerous good qualities. This just goes to show how one sin can destroy you and those around you.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

mrst53

« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »

Hi Guys,
Quick Question,- Why wasn't Brother Wood,Pastor of Dunn Loring, made aware of Tommy's past problems and of the suspension of his license while he was in Illinois? Did the church there cover it up or did Pastor Wood just not ask the right questions?

mrst53

« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »

Until tonight, talking about this situation with a friend, a long buried painful memory arose. Why it took so long, I don't know.  When I was 12 or 13, a trusted counselor of our Youth church camp, Sunday School Teacher and someone loved by all the kids.. tried to sexually molest me. I was able to tell her "No, that I didn't like it" and she took it ok. But I wonder to this day, how many other girls this happened to over the years and how many others weren't able to tell her no. I never told anyone, because I believed no one would believe me. I understand how these boys must have felt and are feeling. When it is someone like this woman was...Even if an adult would have believed me, the other kids would have ostracized me, and I had a hard enough time as it was fitting in, because I was a"nerd" and not part of the "family" or the "in crowd"
For years afterward, I lived with guilt, partly for what she did to me, but also for not telling, because she had a daughter, and I often wondered if she hurt her daughter and after I became a mother I agonized over this. I could only pray and ask God to forgive me, for not doing something then as a child.
As children,we feel so helpless- the statute of limitations should NEVER RUN OUT on PEDIOPHILES :amen:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2010, 04:59:34 AM »

Best place for them to hide is in the church. There was a woman that I knew too in the church and she molested her own. Have no idea where she is at today. I think she must have gotten away with it. It is a grave sick feeling to have to see this come from within the church.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »

As children,we feel so helpless- the statute of limitations should NEVER RUN OUT on PEDIOPHILES  :amen:

Amen and Amen again! 

There are many other crimes that need to have no statute of limitations attached to them too.  May God take care of this mess once and for all.  It is time.  I want to be able to see how God works this out for his honor and glory before Jesus waits no longer and comes to take his chosen home with him.  Time is short.  So come Lord Jesus!  Maranatha

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2010, 05:31:20 AM »

The heavenly court has no statute of limitations, but it does have a lenient and generous commutation program that most folks want nothing to do with.

childoftheking

« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2010, 08:15:49 AM »

Who is Tommy's lawyer? Anybody know? And who is paying for him?

Wendall

« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2010, 09:45:04 AM »

Did he get bailed out? and if he did who paid for that? :dunno:  It was good to hear from Fran-Hope her health is fine. :wave:

RBF

« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2010, 02:40:46 PM »

The heavenly court has no statute of limitations, but it does have a lenient and generous commutation program that most folks want nothing to do with.

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."  2 Corinthians 5:10

Thank God He serves justice and not amnesty.  He isn't excusing sin or quibbling over dates.  He calls sin what it is.  Will we?

RBF

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2010, 02:46:28 AM »

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."  2 Corinthians 5:10

Thank God He serves justice and not amnesty.  He isn't excusing sin or quibbling over dates.  He calls sin what it is.  Will we?

RBF
RBF, the naysayers have no idea what is really going on behind the scenes. They act all informed and want everyone to think they have some inside information. They're in for a surprise, I can assure them of that.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Pat Williams

« Reply #237 on: April 06, 2010, 05:53:11 AM »

RBF, the naysayers have no idea what is really going on behind the scenes. They act all informed and want everyone to think they have some inside information. They're in for a surprise, I can assure them of that.

From where I am sitting it appears that you are the one doing that.

Johann

« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2010, 05:57:30 AM »

Difficult to know if you are telling the truth or not unless you let us know where you are sitting!

RBF

« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2010, 07:51:53 AM »

3ABN_Defender,

I say praise the Lord that someone on earth is judging.  Good job, Duane.  I Timothy 5:24,25 says, "Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.  Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid."  I find it unfortunate that judgment hasn't been done as of yet which has led to more opportunities and apparently more victims.  Shame on those who want to prevent a very natural process for healing and judgment.

RBF
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24   Go Up