Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175498 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/west-frankfort-il/TKUESLC5IM4C5FC2G
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/west-frankfort-il/T3UK0LQHLLBQ6B8Q1

Interesting group of comments concerning a person at the head of an entity so completely integrated in the Seventh-day Adventist church.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »

So how many comments do you all see at the first of those two links?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #243 on: April 09, 2010, 06:15:48 AM »

I just had to go set the record straight at the second of those Topix links. There were some flagrant lies being told about one of the victims and I corrected the deceit that was being spread.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #244 on: April 09, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »

I just had to go set the record straight at the second of those Topix links. There were some flagrant lies being told about one of the victims and I corrected the deceit that was being spread.

Wow...amazing lot of comments there!

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2010, 01:09:52 PM »

Just went over and read the links above. On the second one Cindy is quite abusive as she accuses others of being unchristian. It must take a lot of imagination and rationalization on her part to justify her own actions. It appears that she has been schooled in the theory that if you keep repeating lies often enough you can convince others you are telling the truth... Sorry, Cindy, you need to find a more cleaver way of trying to turn lies into truth.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #246 on: April 09, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »

Where did the second one go? I clicked on the second link and didn't see the thread.

childoftheking

« Reply #247 on: April 09, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »

Someone named "Wow" of Indianapolis commented on the first link.(3rd comment) Guess who posted from Indinapolis on the second link? Guess who probably shut down the second link?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #248 on: April 09, 2010, 02:07:46 PM »

Where did the second one go? I clicked on the second link and didn't see the thread.

All gone!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #249 on: April 09, 2010, 02:51:55 PM »

Anyone going to start another one?

childoftheking

« Reply #250 on: April 09, 2010, 03:34:19 PM »

Funny that the thread started with people who spoke from their personal experience and mostly agreed with each other.

But someone couldn't stand that and had to jump in and try to demonize Pickle and Joy. Funny!

anyman

« Reply #251 on: April 09, 2010, 03:52:48 PM »

All you have to do is read how the site operates and you would discover that only the Topix paid moderators can delete posts, threads, or stories.

Quote from: Topix TOS
How do I remove another editor's story?
Only Topix staff can remove stories posted by an editor. If you would like an editor's story reviewed, send us a note via our feedback form. Be sure to include the name of the editor, what news page and the title of the story or send us a link to the story.

Can I edit or delete my own posts?
Unfortunately, no you may not.

Can I become a moderator for the forums?
Unfortunately, no you may not. Topix has several moderators for our forums, and all moderators are paid, full-time Topix employees. To most easily have content reviewed, send us a direct link through to the content through the Feedback system.

And within the terms of service:

In addition, you agree to NOT use the Service to:

a. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

k. repost Content that was deleted;

t. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;

You acknowledge and understand that Topix may or may not pre-screen Content, but that Topix and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Content for any reason, including for example, content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Topix and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Topix or submitted to Topix, including without limitation information in Topix message boards and in all other parts of the Service.

You acknowledge, consent and agree that Topix has the right to access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Topix, its users and the public. Further, Topix reserves the right to cooperate with legitimate law enforcement requests for information at its sole discretion

All insinuated conspiracy theories are rendered null and void by the Topix TOS

childoftheking

« Reply #252 on: April 09, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »

The original post in these threads was complaining that someone had deleted posts. They cynically said that is how 3ABN or the Sheltons work if I remember correctly. Someone said that the report abuse option was probably used. I agree that defamatory statements were made about Pickle and Joy and about one of the victims but I doubt that they were the ones who wanted the discussion closed down.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #253 on: April 09, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »

I certainly didn't complain. But Cindy sure was ugly about it.

anyman, you know anyone who works for Topix?

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #254 on: April 09, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »

Just went over and read the links above. On the second one Cindy is quite abusive as she accuses others of being unchristian. It must take a lot of imagination and rationalization on her part to justify her own actions. It appears that she has been schooled in the theory that if you keep repeating lies often enough you can convince others you are telling the truth... Sorry, Cindy, you need to find a more cleaver way of trying to turn lies into truth.

If anyone is concerned about what I said to deserve Sister judgment of "quite abusive" etc or what Bob is calling "ugly" , here is the copy of my only post.

Cindy
Indianapolis, IN

You guys need to take a chill pill, and stop thinking people are me and calling them that, when they are not.
I didn't post anything you have attributed to me.

I am only posting here to set the record straight and to say I think all the anonymous pots shots and personal attacks are cowardly and the furthermost thing from Christian I can think of.

What that means is I am not going to be in here arguing with any Duane Clem's or Bob Pickles, or any other demon inspired hatemongers.

I will instead pray for all, and you are both included.

Yes, having said that, that means I am leaving this ugliness now.- Good bye.

I will not be arguing here either. - Good bye.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:53:19 PM by Ian »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24   Go Up