Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danny's Version of Grace  (Read 19009 times)

Fran

• Veteran Member
Danny's Version of Grace
« on: May 16, 2009, 02:11:16 PM »

Did anyone else watch 3ABN Today on Friday, May 15, 2009?

I Learned Danny's version of grace!  No apologizing; no restitution; forget about the past and just keep going on.

He interviewed Jaime Jorge.  He pried into Jaime's personal life and divorce.  Jaime's version of grace was real and right on.  Danny's version was cheap grace taken without thought of things to be done on his part except to keep on with the same old Danny.

I thought about the song Linda wrote, "I Think about Grace."  What a different story!  She and Jaime have it right.

Danny took this opportunity to tell the viewers that many want him to leave 3ABN, but he is going to just keep going on.  I guess he did not think we had figured that out already!

I felt so bad for Danny, I prayed for God to reveal to him the truth about grace.  I felt bad for Jaime because Danny compared his divorce with Jaime's.  Bad move.  Jaime felt guilt after his divorce, but Danny rejoiced and trashed his innocent wife!  Danny told him to just leave the thoughts of guilt behind and keep going.

This man is living with very cheap grace!  Just my opinion.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: Danny's Version of Grace
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 04:19:40 PM »

Did anyone else watch 3ABN Today on Friday, May 15, 2009?

I Learned Danny's version of grace!  No apologizing; no restitution; forget about the past and just keep going on.

He interviewed Jaime Jorge.  He pried into Jaime's personal life and divorce.  Jaime's version of grace was real and right on.  Danny's version was cheap grace taken without thought of things to be done on his part except to keep on with the same old Danny.

I thought about the song Linda wrote, "I Think about Grace."  What a different story!  She and Jaime have it right.

Danny took this opportunity to tell the viewers that many want him to leave 3ABN, but he is going to just keep going on.  I guess he did not think we had figured that out already!

I felt so bad for Danny, I prayed for God to reveal to him the truth about grace.  I felt bad for Jaime because Danny compared his divorce with Jaime's.  Bad move.  Jaime felt guilt after his divorce, but Danny rejoiced and trashed his innocent wife!  Danny told him to just leave the thoughts of guilt behind and keep going.

This man is living with very cheap grace!  Just my opinion.

I missed it, I won't watch or support it. I feel for Jaime (based on your report) another person used for a DS self-medicating fix for his own guilt. What he did to him was shameful, shallow, sickening and sad. I bet he won't put himself in that position again.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »

It sounded to me that Danny told Jaime in advance he was going to ask.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 06:43:05 PM »

It sounded to me that Danny told Jaime in advance he was going to ask.

But do you think Jaime knew how the story and he would be used?
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 11:05:59 PM »

I am not sure about that.  I was just amazed at Danny's lack of spirituality about the whole thing.  He sort of gave me the impression that nothing bad really happened; it is all over and forgotten; it is time to keep on keeping on! 

Jaime was contrite and humble.  He displayed his heart and was a forgiven man.  He may not have even been guilty, but he was sad that he did not take care of his marriage more, but spent far too much time traveling.  My heart went out to him because of his honesty and sorrow.  His explanation of grace was moving.

On the other hand, I must pray harder for Danny.  I believe he, in his mind, feels he did no wrong by what he did to Linda, while full well knowing she was the innocent party.  I do not believe he has remorse for anything he has done.  I do not believe he has a conscience to tell him when he is wrong and needs to ask for forgiveness from another person or even
God!.  I believe he feels he is always right and can not understand why every one is upset with him!  He definitely has personality disorders, big time!  Has he grieved the Holy Spirit away?  I am praying he has not, but the lack of remorse or concern for others scares me.

This is a real problem for Danny, us, the church, and 3ABN. 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 08:27:52 AM »

Danny took this opportunity to tell the viewers that many want him to leave 3ABN, but he is going to just keep going on.

What's the problem? 3ABN no longer standing for what it was started for? To counteract the counterfeit?

I guess not.

Johann

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »

To: <linda@lindashelton.org>

Felt impressed to write today.  Keep looking up!  God has great things planned for you.  Remember like Moses to fall before God and plead for his help.  He will lift you up and fight your battles.  I miss your spiritual messages on 3ABN.  God never forsakes us.  I thought about how you were forced out from 3ABN.  That is not God's way.  Even if what was said had been true, God always offers forgiveness and restoration.  God never tosses us aside.  God always gives us hope and a future.  God has a work for you to do.  God has grand plans for your future.  Keep looking up!

Your brother in Christ!

XYZ

Linda is still preaching the grace of Christ to people in spite of what they say about her.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 07:48:27 PM »

With Grace comes accountability for sin...I pray that Linda will come forward and offer critical testimony to guarantee accountability!!! It is a duty and must be done to be certain perpetrators are accountable for their sins un-repented of.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 11:23:06 PM »

and why wouldn't Linda come forward?? Surly she would-wouldn't she??

childoftheking

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 04:44:10 AM »

By not coming forward with what she knows, isn't that leaving other people without the support they need? People that stuck their necks out to stand up for the right.

I understand that she has been through a lot, that she still loves 3ABN and that she isn't out for revenge. Yet she evidently knows a lot more than she is saying and that still protects 3ABN and DS from full accountability.

SDAminister

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »

By not coming forward with what she knows, isn't that leaving other people without the support they need? People that stuck their necks out to stand up for the right.

I understand that she has been through a lot, that she still loves 3ABN and that she isn't out for revenge. Yet she evidently knows a lot more than she is saying and that still protects 3ABN and DS from full accountability.

And maybe.......protecting herself from full accountability too?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 02:43:12 AM »

With Grace comes accountability for sin...I pray that Linda will come forward and offer critical testimony to guarantee accountability!!! It is a duty and must be done to be certain perpetrators are accountable for their sins un-repented of.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Anyone know if she's willing to do this?? Rumor is she is. Can anyone verify this?
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up