Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danny Shelton's Take in His Own Words Regarding Spiritual Adultery  (Read 3772 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Danny Shelton's Take in His Own Words Regarding Spiritual Adultery
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:22:29 AM »

Here is the quote as stated over at Club Adventist:

Quote from: Danny Shelton
Spiritual adultery is not a phrase that I coined.  There are a number of books written by Christian authors on the subject available through the internet and other sources.
From what I've read, studies have been done on thousands of cases of adultery among Christians. Pastors-parishoners, church leaders such a music ministers, Elders, deacons and so on with other members of the church etc.
In a nut shell the studies show that this type of sin usually does not happen overnight. Sometimes when people such as Christian counselors or Pastors, or even Dr.'s counseling members of the opposite sex,gets too personally involved with that individual an unhealthy bond may occur. Unhealthy because feelings and desires that should be reserved for ones spouse, begins to be planted between the two individuals. One book I read said that in over 25,000 cases studied, that unless this kind of relationship was controlled (by stopping the relationship) it virtually always ended in physical adultery after a prolonged relationship between the two individuals.
In our marriage vows we promise before God to forsake all others, cleaving one to another. In my opinion anytime a relationship between ones spouse and an individual of the opposite sex becomes a problem in a marriage it should be stopped immediately. Every counselor that I have talked to agrees 100 % with the stoppage. If the individual in the relationship with the Pastor, marriage councelor or Dr. for instance feels they still need counseling, then there are always more Christian councelors they can go to. The counselor should not be part of the problem but part of the solution!
Unfortunately, Christians are no exception to divorce. The rate is nearly that of the non Christian. I too went through a very painful divorce. Mine was of a very public nature. My divorce over 4 years ago was a mutually consented divorce.
I do not care to go into any detail of the he said she said.
I will say however that my decision in the mutually consented divorce, was not over "spiritual adultery". I only refer to this not to disparage anyone else except to clarify an untruth that many believe to be true.  Divorce, as about one half of you reading this post can attestify to, can be very complex and very diverse. There are two sides to every divorce. I can tell you assuredly that the answer to mine or anyone else's divorce will not be found in reading all the gossip on the internet. twisted truths, which really are lies, and edited emails do not constitute truth, no matter how convincing they seem! Truth only comes to an individual by surrendering one's life and will to Jesus. Our relationship with Him is maintained through prayer and study of His word.
I don't mean to preach, as we all make mistakes. I know I've made plenty myself! But Jesus is coming soon! As Christians I believe that we all need to get past our past and move on in the army of God. Without forgiveness we will not enter the kingdom of heaven!

Here is the link:

http://www.clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/180893/The_most_asked_Question_I_get_#Post180893

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Danny Shelton's Take in His Own Words Regarding Spiritual Adultery
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:24:45 AM »

Danny has a lot of gall, doesn't he? Says he won't get into the he said she said stuff, but does anyway when he says, "even Dr.'s counseling members of the opposite sex."

He says, "I can tell you assuredly that the answer to mine or anyone else's divorce will not be found in reading all the gossip on the internet." And yet he has just put out on the internet more gossip-like innuendo which makes people wonder if Dr. Abrahamsen had an inappropriate relationship with Linda Shelton.

So here we are after this many years, and Danny Shelton is still playing the same old games.

When will Danny simply comply with the simple requirements of that simple verse, 1 Jn. 1:9, and by thus doing so demonstrate that he is a Christian?

childoftheking

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:01:22 AM »

By doing interviews on Club Adventist and not denying that he is a public figure and they are of public interest he opens all the topics he talked about up to public discussion. If he hadn't wanted it discussed on the internet, he could have not answered the questions nor done the interviews.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 08:05:41 AM »

That is an interesting observation.

Are you aware that Danny Shelton also did a much earlier interview at Club Adventist, therefore, wouldn't the same observation be valid from whatever was asked and answered in that interview?

childoftheking

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:03:28 AM »

I actually thought he did two prior interviews. Sure, don't see why it wouldn't be true about whatever was asked and answered then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up