Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cut All Allleged Independent Ministry Conduits From Organized Church.  (Read 3945 times)

irspro

If they really want the rights and responsibilities of real independence, you are apt to have less concern with your local church's involvement with internal control, spiritual adultery, character, reputation, unjust inurement, tax examinations, and all like concerns on these entities.

I hope this has already been fully done as real honesty, in all respects, is becoming a rarer commodity!

Mary Sue Smith

Re: Cut All Allleged Independent Ministry Conduits From Organized Church.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:22:53 AM »

The Pharisees and Rulers in Jesus day wanted to get "rid" of all independents too from out of the "Church". They thought the "Church" was too pure for Him.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 07:27:56 AM »

Danny Shelton is no Jesus, that's for sure.

Jesus never lied, did He?

Judas was the one who helped himself to some of the offering, not Jesus. What I mean by that is that you never read of Jesus clearing nearly $129,000 in one week like Danny did, and then denying that any section 4958 excess benefit transaction had taken place.

Rather than cover up child molestation allegations, Jesus told people to go and sin no more.

GrandmaNettie

??? ?? ??? ?? ????

irspro

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 06:09:34 PM »

The thread must not be spicey enough for some!

Rosa

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 04:45:43 AM »

Danny Shelton is no Jesus, that's for sure.

Jesus never lied, did He?

Judas was the one who helped himself to some of the offering, not Jesus. What I mean by that is that you never read of Jesus clearing nearly $129,000 in one week like Danny did, and then denying that any section 4958 excess benefit transaction had taken place.

Rather than cover up child molestation allegations, Jesus told people to go and sin no more.

I have observed that some think God's word is like a buffet where they can pick and choose, and still others always think it applies to others and never themselves, si they run around bashing people over the head with it...

Not a pretty sight...

But just in case it has any relevance at all here...

Jesus also said:
"Thou shalt not bear false witness" and "Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I  the LORD."

and inspired another to write:
"Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:53:06 AM by Rosa »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 05:27:08 AM »

Since you were not specific, Rosa, I will take the liberty to interpret your post in the light of the post you were commenting on.

You are so right that Danny comes across as if he can pick and choose from Scripture, as if it applies to others and not himself.

Danny had better take the verses you quoted to heart, that he cannot bear false witness, or go around as a talebearer like he did yet again when he recently insinuated that Linda Shelton committed "spiritual adultery."

irspro

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 06:32:48 AM »

Rosa & Bob:

It seems the two of you are hedging too close to the truth that I have no wiggle-room left!

Don't you think, even I, need enough wiggle-room esentially in the form of mercy so that I could understand that the law should be written in such a manner that your rights end where mine begins and may never end?  Even though I may own horses and understand, in practice, that "good fences make good neighbors, don't I have the right for my neighbor to forgive me 490, at the least, times for the sins of my horses.  I would hope neither of you come back with any advice for me to train my horses to always stay back away from the fence to avoid the appearance of breaking the fence down!

I'm reminded of the young IRS agent who examined a state controlled bootlegger subject to a legislative enacted Black Market tax.  We generally found those taxpayers possibly more honest with their taxes that we found with some "men of the cloth" that failed to comprehend that "love offerings" they received were taxable income and also subject to employment taxes if they didn't opt out.  I was told by an unimpeachable source that the bootlegger planted a couple of bottles of the alleged best spirits in the house in the back seat of the agent.  Later in the audit, the agent inquired about more.  In the final analysis, it was reported that the bootlegger reported the incident to the IRS Inspection Service with the employee voluntarily separating.  The agent stood idly by and accepted the bribe and didn't even have to ask for a repeat performance to be subject to such a psychological state as to be able to withstand a polygraph exam.  It wasn't necessarily a sin; however, we were warned against even allowing the taxpayer under audit or their representatives to pay for our lunch.  I was forced to allow it without making a scene; however, I recriprocated or avoided the occasion subsequently.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:01:24 AM by irspro »
Pages: [1]   Go Up