Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabbath-breaking by another 3ABN Board Member  (Read 52087 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Sabbath-breaking by another 3ABN Board Member
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »

It might be serious....for them, but it is also seriously none of our business.  We are not the Sabbath Police.   Just let me repeat something I say often of this type of forum:

When we ourselves, are in a "mature" relationship with God, then we trust Him to handle His own children.  We know that He knows where they are pheysically, spirituall, and mentally.  We cannot know all of that so we lack the information and authority to make such judgements on another's life.  IOW, God is GoD ALL by Himself, He don't need nobody else.  You dont' even readn anywhere He has the angels doing such a despicable thing.

The owners of Little Debbie are just as answerable to God as anyone else, but they are not answerable to us about their spiritual walk with God.  If what you[general] are doing on Sabbath is looking around to see hwat everyone else is doing on Sabbath, then you have a whole lot more to worry about in your own life.  Your worrying about what the Little Debbie's man did on the Sabbath is a mote, when you looking to even see what he is doing on the Sabbath is a HUGE beam in your eye.

it doesn't even matter if the team is SDA which they are probably not, neither will they ever be as NASCAR races on Sabbath all the time, right?   Is it the the man goes to the races on the Sabbath?  Little Debbie's sponsoring a Nascar team is the same advertisement as somone else's buisness being in the yellow pages, or begin googled, or on a billboard on the Sabbath.  I don't see anybody with a buisness asking that their buisness not be advertised in any paper or billboard on Sabbath...what is the difference?   Those out there who are prosperous enough in your business to run a local TV add, are you requesting that your add not be run on Sabbath?  Are any of you buisness owners rejecting business where your advertisement was viewed or found on Sabbath?    It makes no difference when they see the advertisement, you take the business, do you not?  So, just like while every other SDA business owner is attending services(because You all don't have church, but that's another topic for another day a long, long time from now) on Sabbath while their print, media, web advertising is still working for them, So is Little Debbie's. Same difference........

***PLEASE NOT: THE USE OS THE WORD "YOU" IN THIS POST IS GENERAL AND DOES NOT MEAN IN ANY MEMBER IN PARTICULAR.  I WANTED TO MAKE THAT CLEAR AS MY POST IS IN ANSWER TO bONNIE'S***[/
color]

Now look, this is serious. The road to hades begins with small steps. No one knows what impact those Little Debbie's will have. It needs to be nipped in the bud.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2008, 03:33:38 PM »

As this thread has gone off in various different directions, I am closing down this thread for now while we determine whether or not it can be re-opened again.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2008, 11:10:37 AM »

I am re-opening this thread with a note that posts are to pertain to the topic of this thread.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2008, 12:05:08 PM »

I am re-opening this thread with a note that posts are to pertain to the topic of this thread.

Daryl, it would be most helpful if you would clarify which of the posts in this thread you feel have gone in different directions.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

SDAminister

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2008, 08:10:16 PM »

How does all this recent discussion relate to this topic? :wave:

Daryl,

Quite a lot of people have noticed that <bonnie> is spending her nights and days on this forum. Advent Talk is her permanent address. We became members of this forum a few days apart, around the beginning of February 2008.
Since then, that is, during the past TEN MONTHS, I posted 61 messages, while she posted 1143 (ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THREE ) messages. Only a few of them, probably less than 3%, are related to the intended topics of the threads. All the other messages she posted are unrelated to the topics, uninformed, and irrelevant.

Eduard

Not quite sure what your point is. This is an open forum. As long as the discussion follows the forum rules, people can post as much as they want. Some might view your 61 postings as excessive. If Bonnie posts irrelevant messages it is up to the forum administrators/moderators to bring thing back on topic.

SDAminister

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2008, 08:17:42 PM »

Of course I know that Gailon went to Danny sort of privately, first because I've read the emails of their exchanges along with the MANY others who were in the GAJ email loop at the time.  Gailon did not approach Danny in the manner that EGW counseled Sister F. to do.  The writings above are undeniably clear in their counsel on how to treat others.  Is her counsel accurate, inspired, an SDA standard that makes evilspeaking to others a sin?

Is it a safe procedure to use a manner that is condemned by the Spirit of Prophecy to call sin by its right name?  Is it morally right to treat our neighbors in a way other than how Jesus wants us to treat them? 

Is it appropriate to condemn Mr. McKee for not conducting his business affairs in accordance to EGW standards while Gailon and others are not holding to those standards?

1) I exchanged many e-mails with Danny (some of which were protected as off the record) that YOU have never been privy to...shocker, huh!!! Mahta Hari had limited distibution, you see. Sorry about that, but you turned easilly!!!

2) To pull out specific counsel that addresses a specific situation within a church is contrary to the principles of Matthew 18 and we could go on. YOU are the most egregious in your failure to follow the very clear instructions of part three: TAKE IT TO THE CHURCH!!! YOU, GRANDMA,  ARE ALL MERCY AND NO JUSTICE...a bit out of balance in my BIBLE!!!

3) Your unbalanced view of mercy and justice is simply un-biblical...shocker, huh?

And shall we end with the premise that Grandma is definitely above reproach!!! She has never called anyone to task in other than a "loving way"!!! If one believes this sales job, then I have the Brooklyn Bridge for sale, complete with toll gates!!! Any takers??? Cheap if you buy by midnight!!!

Love ya Grandma, but your unbalanced view of christianity results in a premise that we all can be saved "IN OUR SINS" and all are above reproach, regardless of how much and how often we fleece the sheep!!! Did you get fleeced Grandma??? Or are you fleecing???

Gailon Arthur Joy

I know, no cookies for me!!! Did you ever notice what the LORD ordered the Israeli's to do...some would call it,
dare I say it...ETHNIC CLEANSING...they even eliminated Grandma's, can you imagine that!!!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »

I really do not have the time to point to specific posts, however, any posts that do not address the name of this topic can be considered off-topic.

Daryl, it would be most helpful if you would clarify which of the posts in this thread you feel have gone in different directions.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up