Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Career Christians  (Read 7588 times)

anyman

Career Christians
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Career Christians
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »

Thank you for that link, Anyman. That is a great testimony. I'll be sharing that link with a number of people.

Johann

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »

Do we envision a department of tattoo with tele- and other evangelists in the future?

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »

Under the tatoo is a guy with an interesting story...

As to turning Christianity into a career opportunity, in my opinion, Jesus and his followers didn't leave that example. Did the disciples sell the gospels? Did Jesus make royalties off them? How much did he charge for admission at his events? What was his salary?

anyman

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »

Johann, the fact that all you see are the tattoos says a lot. Jesus disturbed and disrupted the Jewish church in His time. Can you really not hear the message? Are so jaded and filled with hate and anger, that you can't hear the voice of Jesus in Carlos' message? I see a man who is putting his life under the control of God and trying to listen and follow His direction. Would you go to a prostitutes home? Would you go to the home of child molester? Would you go to the home of a murder? Would you sit down to have dinner with Danny, minus the anger, the hate, the prejudice, the judgment? If not, are you a Christian? The early church didn't tag themselves with that name, they were tagged WITH that name because they lived their lives like Christ lived His.

Murcielago, pass this along to everyone you think it will touch . . . that is what Christianity is all about, loving and touching humanity so that it see's Christ in our ACTIONS!

Johann

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »

Anyman, my question concerning outward appearance invited responses just like yours. That was the purpose of my question,  so I appreciate your candor.

Just before I read your post I was having a long talk with a man who studied medicine as well as law inside the walls of a federal prison - for murder. I hope he enjoyed the visit as much as I did.

Yes, I'd have dinner with Danny any day because I love the man while I hate his evil actions. I love you too while I hate your defense of evil.

Last time I saw a child molestor I met him with a warm handshake even though several of his victims are very close friends of mine. And I have had a number of meals with him. - I only mention these things because you asked, and not to make an impression on your scale of Christian conduct.

Johann, the fact that all you see are the tattoos says a lot. Jesus disturbed and disrupted the Jewish church in His time. Can you really not hear the message? Are so jaded and filled with hate and anger, that you can't hear the voice of Jesus in Carlos' message? I see a man who is putting his life under the control of God and trying to listen and follow His direction. Would you go to a prostitutes home? Would you go to the home of child molester? Would you go to the home of a murder? Would you sit down to have dinner with Danny, minus the anger, the hate, the prejudice, the judgment? If not, are you a Christian? The early church didn't tag themselves with that name, they were tagged WITH that name because they lived their lives like Christ lived His.

Murcielago, pass this along to everyone you think it will touch . . . that is what Christianity is all about, loving and touching humanity so that it see's Christ in our ACTIONS!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »

Now that's exactly what I'm talking about, Pastor!  Amen!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »

Or are we under stress because we do not accomplish all of the good things we want to do? What should we do about that?

Johann

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 03:28:04 AM »

Anyman, my question concerning outward appearance invited responses just like yours. That was the purpose of my question,  so I appreciate your candor.

Just before I read your post I was having a long talk with a man who studied medicine as well as law inside the walls of a federal prison - for murder. I hope he enjoyed the visit as much as I did.

Yes, I'd have dinner with Danny any day because I love the man while I hate his evil actions. I love you too while I hate your defense of evil.

Last time I saw a child molestor I met him with a warm handshake even though several of his victims are very close friends of mine. And I have had a number of meals with him. - I only mention these things because you asked, and not to make an impression on your scale of Christian conduct.

:dogwag:

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 10:16:29 PM »

And is this the same ANYMAN that has for nearly a half decade has defended the chief face of SDA Hypocracy now trying to sell christianity???

I presume you are ready to admit and confess your error and join the call for the elimination of the 3ABN  founder from public ministry until he finds the David experience?

Gailon Arthur joy
AUReporter

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 06:19:34 AM »

anyman, going to offer your legal services to the Danny Shelton/3ABN/Walt Thompson defense team? Think you can help prevent them from being liable for covering for a pedophile?

Did you have anything to do with writing Simpson's response brief for the second appeal?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »

(smile)......good questions  :beagle: and the  :rabbit:s kept a runnin...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »

anyman, going to offer your legal services to the Danny Shelton/3ABN/Walt Thompson defense team? Think you can help prevent them from being liable for covering for a pedophile?

Did you have anything to do with writing Simpson's response brief for the second appeal?

This time he will have to help daddy first!!! Daddy will definitely be in the line-up for this and a couple others just over the horizon!!! What a way to end your sanctimonious carreer!!!! Hope he has done a good job of estate planning...maybe his money is off-shore with DLS??? Something tells me that in his arrogance he has been left exposed to once again cover for Danny's miscues. !!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Pages: [1]   Go Up