Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: IRS Investigation Not Over?!!  (Read 110666 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: IRS Investigation Not Over?!!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »

And then on page 9, the brief points out that the record is silent on what the Board actually did, except that it does NOT micromanage operations.  Instead, Danny Shelton is the one who acts on 3ABN's behalf.  And then Linda Shelton testified that the Board assigned the carrying out of the 3ABN bylaws to the Sheltons!!

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 09:35:43 PM »

Then page 10 goes into a discussion of 3ABN Management and re-iterates that lack of information regarding what the Board did but that management "fell to the almost unfettered discretion" of the Sheltons.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 09:45:18 PM »

And on page 11 we have Walt Thompson who failed to provide any testimony about the Board's supervision of Danny Shelton but confirmed that the Board does not micromanage Mr. Shelton's operations!!

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »

Sounds to me like Danny Shelton "controls" 3ABN!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 10:08:10 PM »

And on page 11 we have Walt Thompson who failed to provide any testimony about the Board's supervision of Danny Shelton but confirmed that the Board does not micromanage Mr. Shelton's operations!!

Now pardon me for declaring this to be an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!! Let the record so show that I have so declared it to be so!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »

I called today and David Carson is out sick.  So I sent a fax request to Mollie Steenson.  I just received the fax confirmation so I know it got there.

IF I were DAVE CARSON and someone called me for financial documents with the ID of SNOOPY, I stay home sick too!!! In fact, I might just decide to resign!!! And if I were Brian Hamilton, well probably out looking for a new job???

Now just where are those 2007 990's??? Almost time for the 2008's!!!

And what is all this banter about failure to disclose the private inurement schemes? Are you telling me they really did  not have to refile 990's because they were exonerated??? Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle...guess those IRS boys aren't as bright as I thought they were...or is it that they are pretty bright indeed and 3ABN is out looking for a few million to "solve the problem" permanently??? Too bad we have a financial crisis at such a strrategic time...makes begging and borroing money extremely difficult!!! Have they thought of approaching Secretary Paulsen??? Maybe they will drop the rule that says the Government will not lend to anyone that owes the government money!!! Then, they could always start the 3ABN National Bank and change to a bank holding company and get a Billion or two in bailout money under TARP...or is 3ABN TARP personified (Troubled Asset Relief Program)???

Well, anyone's guess, I guess :dunno: Keep up the pressure SNOOPY and tell'em Gailon says "hello" will ya???

Gailon Arthur Joy

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »

And then on page 9, the brief points out that the record is silent on what the Board actually did, except that it does NOT micromanage operations.  Instead, Danny Shelton is the one who acts on 3ABN's behalf.  And then Linda Shelton testified that the Board assigned the carrying out of the 3ABN bylaws to the Sheltons!!

Doesn't micromanage. As in doesn't get seriously involved regarding looking into allegations of wrongful termination over blowing the whistle on Leonard Westphal's alleged rage, screaming, sexual harassment, private inurement, and poor job performance?

If they wouldn't get seriously involved in an issue like that, what would they get involved in?

Sam

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 11:11:43 PM »

Then page 10 goes into a discussion of 3ABN Management and re-iterates that lack of information regarding what the Board did but that management "fell to the almost unfettered discretion" of the Sheltons.

Snoopy get over it...to any certified accountant, to any christian and to any moral person...you are a laughingstock.  You go to 3abn to spy for the people they are in litigation with, you give out confidential information and add to it whatever fits your fancy.  You gossip and spin the truth on these internet sites and then when your identity is exposed, you become furious. You then vow to "spill your guts" so to speak against 3abn.  Imagine, you are the spy, you put yourself out there but when you are exposed you're mad at 3abn.

If all of that isn't a big enough joke, you then submit consulting bills to pickle and joy that in turn they want to submit to the court. Why?  To try and get 3abn to compensate all of you!!!!!!!   You want 3abn to pay you for spying on them under the pretense of helping!!!  Ohhh what a web we weave when we practice to deceive.

According to you, you were only there for 10 weeks, every other week so you really must have the scoop on all.  LOL  I could be wrong but wasn't it about the same time you were volunteering/spying that you were dealing with your stalker situation?  Seems like your mind might have been on too many things at once to know much of anything.

Without a doubt, your license should be taken away, you should be disfellowshipped from the church....if you hadn't already backslidden....and then you should be asking 3abn's forgiveness instead of asking them for money.

Oh well, we can always hope that if enough people find out what you've done, you will never be hired by any credible firm.  People like to be able to trust their accountants.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »

Here's an update.

I received the Remnant Form 990 via fax today.

I just telephoned David Carson at 3ABN who was less than cordial!  Now he says he needs a written request!  I told him I had faxed a request to Mollie.  Per DC, "OK, then she is taking care of it.  Thank you."  I said I didn't realize the request had to be in writing and asked where it said that.  Per DC, "I'm not getting into a debate with you.  If Mollie said she's taking care of it she will."  I never TALKED to Mollie - I just sent a request.  Per DC, "Then you need to call Mollie."  I said never mind - I'd just file a complaint with the IRS.  Per DC, "OK - I'll let Mollie know that."  So, I called back and asked for Mollie.  I was told she was not available, so I left her a voicemail message.  I told her that I just wanted to confirm that she had received my request and that I wanted to find out when I could expect to receive the fax.  The clock is ticking!

I just made two telephone calls - one to Remnant Publications and one to 3ABN asking for their 2007 Form 990s.

At Remnant, I told the lady who answered the phone what I wanted.  "Who's calling?"  I told her.  "From where?"  I told her I was just a person asking for the form!!  "Just a minute."  So I waited and finally someone named Dan answered.  I told him I wanted to speak with whomever could get me the form.  He said, "I guess that would be me."  I gave him my fax # and he said he would get it to me, probably not today but sometime this week.

Then I called 3ABN and asked to speak with whoever could get me the form.  She said that Brian Hamilton is out of town, so she transferred me to David Carson.  I told him what I wanted.  “Oh – why don’t you call back next week and talk to Brian Hamilton.”  I asked why he couldn’t just send it to me, as it is open to the public.  “Well, yes, you’re right.  OK, why don’t you fax me a request and I’ll fax it back to you.”  I asked why I needed to fax a request, as I was calling to ask for it.  “OK.  Give me your fax number.”  I told him what it was and asked when he would be getting it out to me.  “Sometime this afternoon.”

So, we'll see what happens!  If anyone else wants to call and make the same request please do so!!

Habanero

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »

Why the fear of anyone seeing their 990? Everything is above board, the IRS thing is over, they are completely cleared, they have done nothing wrong and they have nothing to be afraid or ashamed of, right? But then I suppose that some documents could be strategically held back for a reason. They don't have to be held back forever, just until, well.

On another subject it occurs to me that with the terrible economic downturn, donations to 501c3s are in a big slump everywhere as are the future moneys they have recieved as trusts that are invested in the market. Now we are going into "the giving season" of November and December where a significant portion of the next years budget will come from. After December the giving will die down and .orgs don't have to worry about factors that will negatively affect the giving quite as much.

Back to the 990, I wonder when it will become acceptable for the public to see it.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »

Well they aren't doing themselves any favors if they refuse to produce it!  In the meantime, I'll just go through the Illinois Attorney General's office.  I don't think the AG's office likes to play the kind of games 3ABN seems to be engaged in.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2008, 07:14:43 AM »

Snoopy,

I am completely backing you in your task of obtaining that 990 from 3ABN. :thumbsup:

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2008, 07:19:48 AM »

Here's a copy of an email I just received from the Illinois AG's office.  Looks like they might be on the trail now too!

Hi Lynette,

I just received your voicemail and did receive your email last week.  I read through the materials and will take them into consideration.  Meanwhile, we just received 3ABN’s 2007 annual report, however, it has not been processed by our compliance department.  Once the report is processed and scanned into the system, I can forward you a copy.  Meanwhile, the reason why you are unable to view the reports online is because our web database only provides financial information on Illinois charitable organizations that are in compliance with this Office.  Those that are not registered or are late in submitting their report will not be searchable on our website.  This serves as a courtesy to the public that a charity is not in compliance.  Meanwhile, all reports are available upon request (the more recent ones can be emailed, while the older ones can be copied at minimal cost).

Regards,
Joyce

Well they aren't doing themselves any favors if they refuse to produce it!  In the meantime, I'll just go through the Illinois Attorney General's office.  I don't think the AG's office likes to play the kind of games 3ABN seems to be engaged in.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2008, 07:42:20 AM »

SCORE!!  I would much rather have the annual report than the Form 990 as it will include the audit opinion and the notes to the financial statements which the Form 990 does not.  MANY good data tidbits can be gleaned from those notes!  However, BOTH versions of the 2007 results would be ideal!

Here's a copy of an email I just received from the Illinois AG's office.  Looks like they might be on the trail now too!

Hi Lynette,

I just received your voicemail and did receive your email last week.  I read through the materials and will take them into consideration.  Meanwhile, we just received 3ABN’s 2007 annual report, however, it has not been processed by our compliance department.  Once the report is processed and scanned into the system, I can forward you a copy.  Meanwhile, the reason why you are unable to view the reports online is because our web database only provides financial information on Illinois charitable organizations that are in compliance with this Office.  Those that are not registered or are late in submitting their report will not be searchable on our website.  This serves as a courtesy to the public that a charity is not in compliance.  Meanwhile, all reports are available upon request (the more recent ones can be emailed, while the older ones can be copied at minimal cost).

Regards,
Joyce

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:18:34 AM by Snoopy »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2008, 08:26:04 AM »

If they had complied, you may never had known about that, therefore, their lack of compliance went against them in this instance.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up