Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gospel Outreach  (Read 6724 times)

Johann

Gospel Outreach
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »

We have been asked who Gospel Outreach are. Here is from their web page

http://www.goaim.org/about/

About us

Gospel Outreach is dedicated to extending the international ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in what's known as the 10/40 Window of the world. It provides funding for native workers in some of the world's poorest countries.

Facts at a glance    
Did you know that it costs only $150 per month to support a native Gospel Outreach evangelist? Other facts:

* Gospel Outreach is a non-profit organization founded in the early 1990s by Edgar Pangilinan and Frank Stanyer.
    * Gospel Outreach raises funds to hire native workers, employing them in evangelism for a fraction of what it would cost to send an evangelist from North America.
    * These native evangelists are recruited, hired, trained, and supervised by the regular mission sections of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Gospel Outreach simply provides the funding.
    * Gospel Outreach currently funds 2,600 native evangelists.
    * Gospel Outreach has no paid employees. All officers, division directors, board members, and administrative helpers are unpaid volunteers.

Read the inspirational story about the founding of Gospel Outreach.

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: Gospel Outreach
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »

I was also impressed with their work!  I heard of this ministry 1st here on AdventTalk.  I Googled them last night to get more acquainted with what they do!  I was really impressed by these facts:

1.  Gospel Outreach has no paid employees. All officers, division directors, board members, and administrative helpers are unpaid volunteers.

2.  Gospel Outreach raises funds to hire native workers, employing them in evangelism for a fraction of what it would cost to send an evangelist from North America.

3.  ... it costs only $150 per month to support a native Gospel Outreach evangelist?

Then I sent them some money, after I sent my local church money! 

Then I went to donate to Polly's Place.  They changed their website, so I had to Google "Mable Dunbar" to make sure I had the right place.  It was the right place, so I made small offering to them also. 

I can't give much, but God has a way of stretching what we give to make it go far.

WillowRun

Re: Gospel Outreach
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »

In addition to putting Gospel Outreach on my prayer and donation lists, I think I may put some of my tax refund money toword the purchase of  one of these:  http://www.adventistsat.com/ receivers.  Certain channels will be blocked.  But..once the initial purchase is past, there are no more monthly charges for satellite service.  I can get news via the internet and local stations. 

Respectfully,

Willow
Pages: [1]   Go Up