Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Modesty for SDA Women  (Read 26377 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Christian Modesty for SDA Women
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 01:55:31 PM »

Tinka, all talents are gifts from God(you know I am not talking about the stealing part, sin is sin).  However, because of free will you can chose not to use your gift or talent for God, or even more deliberately in the cause of satan.  To believe anything else, gives satan some form of creative powers and he has none.  Mchael Jacksons parents did not teach him to dance, he had it naturally, even before they realized it.  When they did, the father promptly took advantage, but they gave them no dance/music lessons, etc. 

Yes George, Jesus did eat meat and I for one have stated on here that eating the clean meat will not keep you from heaven. It is just the condition  what people are doing to make the meat unsafe for the profit of money. That goes for the gentically engineered seeds too. But we have to know how to use what we can. This is all far beyond what they did in EGW day. Except in Lev. it already states and commands that the people stop were crossing the animals and the seeds. They were also crossing the line with human and animal as it is stated that is "confusion". That word seems pretty big to me and I conclude that is where the abstract of humans and animals that they call prehistoric. After all I believe they are still doing it to this day.  Ham that was placed in the African country after the ark landed still carried the knowledge and according to EGW the practice was then again displayed.

Also, I am in the same belief that we have all emotions good and bad. I believe we do should not need to excerise the bad emotions that are from sin and not gifts of God. A good pickpocket with jest of hand is a talent, so are the war dances, and so are the dances of the cult. Why bring them out when you do not know which way they will go. Michael Jackson also had a gift of dance that the whole world followed. Wow!! Now that was a gift chosen from the parents and trained him to do.   It ended up evil.  A baby shaking their bootie is not the little sunbeam I would want for them to learn to praise God.  No that would not happen under my care of my little sunbeam.  I will still stick to what is the only sensible reading outside of the Bible. 
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam to shine for him each day.
In everyway try to please him at home at school at play.
a sunbeam, a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for Him!!!  I remember that from a year old! It has stayed with me my whole life. Just that simple little song of purity, security, love and simplicity. It is that easy. No need to discover sinful emotions.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 01:57:19 PM »

I googled and this is what I found.

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere." -Spiritual Gifts, Vol. 3, p. 64, 1864.

"Every species of animal which God had created, were preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the endless varieties of species of animals and certain races of men."- Spiritual Gifts, Vol. 3, p.75, 1864.

I didn't see anything about Ham and Africa. I understand that as certain things have been edited out of reprints of some EGW writings it could have been in there originally, I don't know. I guess these are some of the unfortunate remnants of our church's history that may take a few more generations to disappear.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »

It was not called Africa back in those days. Yep that is what I read but I knew it was truth when I read Lev. All three sons settled in different areas. and decendants carried out the same sin again as they do the same today. Then they begin to show bits and pieces of their findings of monstrous views on tv of amalgamations claiming evolution, what a joke! It would be common sense that the areas that Ham settled was the most evident.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:43:36 PM by tinka »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 02:51:17 PM »

Di,

The reports I saw the father of MJ forced him at a very early age to perform hours and hours on end. and they were punished if they didn't. The father wanted fame and fortune and he got it at the expense of his son's soul. plain and simple.  Down deep I think there was good in MJ that he never was able to express or live out. He did not know how. They also tended to be Jehova Witness and most of those to escape that brain washing need help after. It was matter of choice and the talents were used for evil. Do you realize how many people were led with this in the whole world????? He learned as a baby Di!!!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 11:26:15 PM »

Actually, Tinka, if you watched the movie or heard them talk, you would know that their father was quite unaware of their talents, until they showed him one day. They had been playing and singing amongst themselves. That is when he started working them to death........nearly and taking advantage of them.  It was quite clear fromt he beginning that Michael had extraordinary talent, and the father exploited that until Michael(amd Janet) left his control.    Now we are in complete agreement as to the damage Joe Jackson did to Michael, Janet and all his children.

...And you say that JWs brainwash their members?............LOL!!!  That is a good one!

Di,

The reports I saw the father of MJ forced him at a very early age to perform hours and hours on end. and they were punished if they didn't. The father wanted fame and fortune and he got it at the expense of his son's soul. plain and simple.  Down deep I think there was good in MJ that he never was able to express or live out. He did not know how. They also tended to be Jehova Witness and most of those to escape that brain washing need help after. It was matter of choice and the talents were used for evil. Do you realize how many people were led with this in the whole world????? He learned as a baby Di!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up