Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

God's instructions to Adam

(1/5) > >>

Tick_Tok:
Why did God not want Adam to know about good and evil?

Fran:
Because God did not want what has happened since?  Look what life has been like once they knew of evil!  God gave them Good.  He was happy to give his children good things.  However, once they learned evil they knew the "difference between" good and evil.

Adam and Eve chose evil while not having a knowledge of evil.  Since that day there has been a war between Christ and Satan to save souls to be saved (God) and to tempting souls to be lost (Satan)!   Could it be that Christ knew what would be required if they gave in to evil?

I am not here to say that I know why, because I would not dare to presume to know the mind of God.  All I know is the evil that abounds today! 

Johann:
"Knowing" in the Bible is often equal to experience. God  had no wish for Adam nor Eve to experience evil. Don't you wish he had never known?

Once Adam and Eve God provided a way they could get out of the consequences - and He is still providing a way out of it for you too. Now it is a personal choice if you want to or not.

Tick_Tok:
When it comes to experiencing evil, I can see why God would not have wanted that to come upon Adam. I never looked at the text in that way.

Johann:

--- Quote from: Johann on January 09, 2010, 08:16:09 AM ---"Knowing" in the Bible is often equal to experience. God  had no wish for Adam nor Eve to experience evil. Don't you wish he had never known?

Once Adam and Eve God provided a way they could get out of the consequences - and He is still providing a way out of it for you too. Now it is a personal choice if you want to or not.

--- End quote ---

I see now that something got mixed up as I posted it. I meant to say, "After Adam and Eve experienced evil God provided a way for them to escape the results of sin. . . "

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version