Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

Doug Bachelor Preaches Against Women Pastors & Elders

<< < (28/31) > >>

Alex L. Walker:

--- Quote from: Johann on February 24, 2011, 03:19:37 AM ---From The Texas Baptist Committed:

--- Quote ---  Dr. Billy Graham, when asked by David Frost about women's ordination, said, "Women preach all over the world. It doesn't bother me at all from my study of the Scriptures. And there were many women preachers in the Bible." . . .

. . . on the same day that the SBC published its proposed revision to the "Baptist Faith and Message," USA Today carried an article about Anne Graham Lotz, daughter of the famous evangelist. In that article, Graham called her the "best preacher in the family."

http://www.txbc.org/2000Journals/July2000/July00womeninthepulpit.htm
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I greatly admire Dr. Billy Graham. He is a true leader in the SBC. However, I am greatly appalled by his comment. There is no biblical foundation that there were women preacher's in the bible.

This goes to show the division within my church, I love greatly.

Johann:
Here is a short list of female preacher in the Bible. Worth considering.

1. Deborah
2. Miriam
3. Mother in Isa. 8:3
4. Mary
5. Anna
6. Priscilla
7. Phoebe

christined:

--- Quote from: Johann on February 24, 2011, 07:51:33 AM ---Here is a short list of female preacher in the Bible. Worth considering.

1. Deborah
2. Miriam
4. Mary
5. Anna
6. Priscilla
7. Phoebe

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:

Johann:

--- Quote from: christined on February 24, 2011, 10:03:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Johann on February 24, 2011, 07:51:33 AM ---Here is a short list of female preacher in the Bible. Worth considering.

1. Deborah
2. Miriam
4. Mary
5. Anna
6. Priscilla
7. Phoebe

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

I forgot to mention the four daughters of Philip. . .

heartfan:
Do you believe that a homosexual man should be able to pastor?

--- Quote from: Alex L. Walker on February 22, 2011, 11:35:22 AM ---I would also pose a question for Johann, Robert and Bob Pickle:

Do you believe that divorced men should be able to pastor?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version