SDA Media & News > Hope TV

Amazing Facts Satellite Network.....

<< < (2/5) > >>

Little Grasshopper:

--- Quote from: WillowRun on April 10, 2010, 08:21:55 PM ---
Color me astounded....

Willow

--- End quote ---

You see, the Tommy Shelton story made its way into the Washington Post.  The Washington Post is delivered to everyone in nearby Silver Spring, Maryland, home of the Seventh-day Adventist Church world headquarters.

There comes a point when the Adventist professionals in Washington DC become embarrassed when their non-adventist golfing buddies at the country club start seeing these stories and asking about them. Elite, Washington professionals -- the self-described "thought leaders" of the church --  do not want to hand their car keys to a valet who is snickering at them behind their backs.

Now that the entire Roman Catholic Church is circling the drain over the same issue, with calls for the Pope to be arrested when he lands his plane in London, it shouldn't be too difficult to envision something happening in the Adventist Church similar to the chain of events that created Amtrak.

Amtrak was set up to take over the struggling passenger train services in the United States.  Now, the California Zephyr and the Empire Builder, named passenger trains run by independent railroads,  are run by the government-controlled Amtrak.  There are other Amtrak passenger trains like these two operating throughout the country.

Amazing Facts Satellite Network may simply turn out to be the Adventist Church's answer to Amtrak; something set up to take over floundering media services in other parts of the country.

It's unlikely, long term, that both Amazing Facts Satellite Network and 3ABN TV will continue to operate in the same neighborhood. Some towns can only support one Wal-Mart or one K-Mart, but not both. Could the same be true for 3ABN and Amazing Facts?  Time will tell.

While this might not be the end of 3ABN as an independent, ongoing, family business, some will say that they can see the end of 3ABN from here.

WillowRun:
Thank you for your input Little Grasshopper.  I've tried to keep my church involvement as local and independent as possible.  When you have national/world organizations they tend to follow a pyramid shape with the power most concentrated at the top.  And the top is usually rotten to the core.

Willow

Fran:
I am through with 3ABN!  Right here in 2010 they pulled the same trick they did in 1998!  They interviewed a couple of workers fromin Haiti.  They had served there for 20 years.  They cared for orphanages.  Interview went great.  Time came for names and addresses of the nice folks from Haiti.  The fellow mentioned they were non-denominational!  They still asked for donations to be sent to Haiti or to 3ABN!  They are proposing to send Adventist money to other non-Adventist!  Low and behold they did it again on the same Sabbath! Of course I had to listen to recommendations for books to purchase!   

Then I have to listen to them glorify Brenda.  I threw my hands up in the air and said no more!  I am an Adventist, however, their actions by performing "No Action" action is wearing mighty thin.

Hope TV will get my attention for a while, but after watching Mike and Gayle Tucker today, I may regurgitate them also!

My question is why has God allowed them to continue for so long?  Then I feel guilty and remind myself it is none of my business.

I knew about Tommy before 2000, but here it us 10 years later God finally gets around to bringing to light what Tommy did in the dark.  How much longer will we have to wait to see the same for 3ABN???

The IRS investigation is still NOT over!  This is not an investigation that was squeaky clean.  I reported them back in January 2000!

tinka:
Fran,
Instead of guilty feeling, I think we are embarrassed and angry for their taking advantage of good for the bad. I am pretty sure that is the reason  our emotion towards it. There is only a few places of "Hope" that I can tolerate. New Adventists of little knowledge at their new beginning do not know the difference...for now.  But as they learn and see all talk and no walk, what does it do? they walk away and the truth passes them by.
I have a terrible feeling that all our most favorites are being tested as they do not shun the appearance of evil as they mingle. Is sure is sobering. Just do not know what more to think of the matter. It is not that I am in no way perfect or judging but I know what SP is about and why as I see the disregard plastered all over "Hope anything goes channel".

princessdi:
So, we are supposed to only assist the SDAs in Haiti?

--- Quote from: Fran on May 11, 2010, 08:24:11 PM ---I am through with 3ABN!  Right here in 2010 they pulled the same trick they did in 1998!  They interviewed a couple of workers fromin Haiti.  They had served there for 20 years.  They cared for orphanages.  Interview went great.  Time came for names and addresses of the nice folks from Haiti.  The fellow mentioned they were non-denominational!  They still asked for donations to be sent to Haiti or to 3ABN!  They are proposing to send Adventist money to other non-Adventist!  Low and behold they did it again on the same Sabbath! Of course I had to listen to recommendations for books to purchase!   

Then I have to listen to them glorify Brenda.  I threw my hands up in the air and said no more!  I am an Adventist, however, their actions by performing "No Action" action is wearing mighty thin.

Hope TV will get my attention for a while, but after watching Mike and Gayle Tucker today, I may regurgitate them also!

My question is why has God allowed them to continue for so long?  Then I feel guilty and remind myself it is none of my business.

I knew about Tommy before 2000, but here it us 10 years later God finally gets around to bringing to light what Tommy did in the dark.  How much longer will we have to wait to see the same for 3ABN???

The IRS investigation is still NOT over!  This is not an investigation that was squeaky clean.  I reported them back in January 2000!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version