Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Tommy Shelton allowed to live in Illinois?  (Read 9909 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Is Tommy Shelton allowed to live in Illinois?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 02:09:11 PM »

You beat me to it. COTK.  I know of one now who they are allowing time to find another place to go......it still happens.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »

It is also common practice with churches, SDA in particular, to move pastors once they offend in one way or the other(spousal abuse, adultery, embezzlement, etc).

While that may have been true at one time, if someone repented, was rebaptized etc, today... it is very rare, and Lord help the conference if our insurance company, Adventist Risk Management find out.

And so the Adventist Risk Management company is not concerned with the situation at 3ABN?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 02:16:53 PM »

You beat me to it. COTK.  I know of one now who they are allowing time to find another place to go......it still happens.

It sounds to me like the "old boy network" is alive and well in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Stan

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 03:51:15 PM »

Artiste

Remember 3ABN is not covered by them,  3ABN is not an Adventist entity, It seems to me that someone checked out the Church/school there and they had another insurance company.  I know of a few conference that have other insurance companies.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »

The Illinois conference is not covered by them?

The Illinois conference president, Ken Denslow, is on the board of 3ABN.

Stan

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 04:07:50 PM »

not all churches, or at least that it how it has been, even in once conference are covered by RMS.

I know of two-three conferences, two were in litigation over sexual stuff,  that had opted out of RMS.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »

Ariste, I totally agree.  it does not sound right. 

Stan they may not have control over 3ABN, but sure have control over who they contract with to be pretty much a public face for Adventism.  ia m almost positive that 3ABN will be braodcasting from GC, as a source for many who cannot attend themselves, correct?  If something is amiss at 3ABN GC has an obligation to severe ties with them ASAP.  However, as this sorry scenario has unfolded, it seems that GC and 3ABN have done a little dirt together, so I fear that Danny knows where too many GC bodies lie for them to take any action to severe the GC>3ABN relationship.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up