Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3abn and the broadcasting of the GC  (Read 4214 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
3abn and the broadcasting of the GC
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »

The following statement is available at the Hope Channel website:

Hope Channel is the exclusive producer and broadcaster of the GC session.
“We will make our programming available free of charge to other broadcast entities, such as Loma Linda Broadcasting Network and 3ABN,” says Thorp.

That should answer questions concerning whether 3ABN will be broadcasting live from the GC in Atlanta.

Little Grasshopper

Re: 3abn and the broadcasting of the GC
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 09:28:44 AM »

“We will make our programming available free of charge to other broadcast entities, such as Loma Linda Broadcasting Network and 3ABN,” says Thorp.

That should answer questions concerning whether 3ABN will be broadcasting live from the GC in Atlanta.

If I were on the board of 3ABN I would charge the General Conference to carry it.  3ABN could use the money about now, I'm guessing.

Last time around, the "Parade of Nations" was pretty lame.  Lame, the Parade of Nations, it was.

Did we really have to see the flags of hundreds of countries -- one by one -- marched up onto the platform?   It took so long, my venerated medical doctor visiting Nevada had time to get both married and divorced, and still get back in time to see the delegates from country number #197 -- Lower Slobovia -- march proudly up onto the stage wearing their national costume of homespun fabric died a rich brown color using their local butternut juice, especially for this solemn occasion.

One sad point, however. I was rather disappointed by the Uganda national flag which I understood depicted the execution of two homosexuals being hanged from a church steeple. 

(Don't take me seriously those of you who are Fox News aficionados.  Just turn east, face Rush Limbaugh's gated community, and repeat Rush's talking points until your blood pressure returns to normal.)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:58:56 PM »

Well color me surprised!! But it is about time!!! 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :hot:

If I were on the board of 3ABN I would charge the General Conference to carry it.  3ABN could use the money about now, I'm guessing.

Last time around, the "Parade of Nations" was pretty lame.  Lame, the Parade of Nations, it was.

Did we really have to see the flags of hundreds of countries -- one by one -- marched up onto the platform?   It took so long, my venerated medical doctor visiting Nevada had time to get both married and divorced, and still get back in time to see the delegates from country number #197 -- Lower Slobovia -- march proudly up onto the stage wearing their national costume of homespun fabric died a rich brown color using their local butternut juice, especially for this solemn occasion.

One sad point, however. I was rather disappointed by the Uganda national flag which I understood depicted the execution of two homosexuals being hanged from a church steeple. 

(Don't take me seriously those of you who are Fox News aficionados.  Just turn east, face Rush Limbaugh's gated community, and repeat Rush's talking points until your blood pressure returns to normal.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up