Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS -- Plea agreement reached in Tommy Shelton Case  (Read 82925 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: BREAKING NEWS -- Plea agreement reached in Tommy Shelton Case
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2010, 05:23:43 AM »

waitingforjustic,

The perpetrator will suffer the "calamity" of patterns of evil he devised. The victims of their devised evil can only be healed because they can grow into the arms of Jesus to "overcome" their pain of it and in Him they trust. Jesus understands the device of Satan used on the meek.

In these type of patterns there is always a perpetrator and always a victim.  and in most evil done in all patterns divised to take, steal and overpower. I am still in disbelief of our situation but also gaining more and more faith each day. But I do know what a life long friend (supposidly) can do and the evil behind their most selfish desires of financial gain.  I found in my complete trust of them in the end that they also had mixture of many evil patterns although were viewed as the pillars of church. I know the devestattion and feeling of that. You end up feeling inadiquate to discern, rejected of God to let that happen to you and embarrassed that it did. So It seems at this time in life you just start over. Put it all alway and hope for justice and know you have overcome even when life feels sucked out of you. The worst pain is to see what it does to your loved ones. But we take each day and cherish new beginnings and soon "Jesus has the devise of fading pictures of hurt". This pain we have draws us to the One that loves us most. Embarrassment is one of the emotions we have to know we have a conscience yet that hurries us to Jesus. Only he can guide into new beginnings. Then it becomes a sin to dwell on past of which I am still sort of feeling those edges as we would like a little justice too. IF not for us our children of whom worked side by side with us.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2010, 06:28:10 AM »

Another point: People who defend the actions of an abuser, or assist in covering them up, become abusers themselves. They abuse the victims over and over again by not only calling them liars and making them feel like THEY are the ones who are doing wrong by seeking justice, but by making them relive the events that they have tried to hard to move past in their lives.

Also, a person who digs up events from the past and tries to use them for their own personal vendetta against an individual they are fearful or jealous of, is ALSO guilty of abusing victims afresh. Glenn Dryden is a perfect example of this.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

waitingforjustice

« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2010, 07:16:33 AM »

Duane, I think of you all often and I hurt for you and the others victims. But I am proud of you and for the work for the Lord you are doing. There are others I am also proud of because they are overcomers also. God is good and faithful to his servents.

I do agree with you that those who cover up the situation or let it go on are just as guilty as the abuser. Then there are also the ones whom TS hid it from and they believed in him fully. He violated their trust because he knew they had complete turst in him, and he knew he could persuade them on his side. There are those who just looked the other way and I agree they will give account when they stand before God.

You are the an overcomer bought and cleansed by the blood of Jesus! Thank God for his loving hand that reaches down and carries us when we don't think we can get through. I love the footprints in the sand poem it is such an inspiration to me. Sometimes Satan tries to get us to beleive God is not there, but God is always with us ready to lift us up when the storm is raging around us. God only has to say three little words "Peace, be still" and even the wind and waves obey Him. I will continue to pray that God will bless the work you do.  Just think of all the lives you are affecting and changing for the good. Keep up the good work you are doing for the Lord.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2010, 10:22:28 AM »

I don't have to be careful, just analytical based on the evidence I HAVE!!!

Now, Cindy, are you going to tell us that none of this ever happened??? Be careful not to cross the line of becoming an assessory after the fact!!!

And, No Sir Mizing...your surmizing is admittedly deficient...by the very misnomer of your name...when one is institutionalized, one has medical records and those records are subject to confidentiality...HIPAA certainly guarantees that, unless a doctor is pricked by conscience and actually turns in his client. I don't beleive that was required in the years in question and becomes particularly difficult when one crosses state lines.

But, then, what would you know about that????

G.Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Bob or Gailon--is it true that there are no medical records for any of Tommy Shelton's victims?

Gailon was talking about medical records for Tommy for when Brad and Valerie allegedly got Tommy to seek help after Rick allegedly came forward and said that Tommy had molested him.
Hmmm... Well I am glad you at least added "allegedly" twice, as I believe this would be very hard, actually near impossible to prove, but Gailon wasn't so careful. He said this like it was a fact and misled folks, Artiste for one:
"There were a pile of records, including medical records...state held all the aces and the joker!!! Not the kind of things you want in the public record and filling the minds of a jury of your peers with. "

That's the kind of thing which ruins people's credibility...

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »

Well Sam, I am pretty sure I know who you are.  And if that is the case you will be at the hearing tomorrow.  Maybe we can go drink a cup of coffee? :P
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2010, 01:53:04 PM »

Duane, I think of you all often and I hurt for you and the others victims. But I am proud of you and for the work for the Lord you are doing. There are others I am also proud of because they are overcomers also. God is good and faithful to his servents.

I do agree with you that those who cover up the situation or let it go on are just as guilty as the abuser. Then there are also the ones whom TS hid it from and they believed in him fully. He violated their trust because he knew they had complete turst in him, and he knew he could persuade them on his side. There are those who just looked the other way and I agree they will give account when they stand before God.

You are the an overcomer bought and cleansed by the blood of Jesus! Thank God for his loving hand that reaches down and carries us when we don't think we can get through. I love the footprints in the sand poem it is such an inspiration to me. Sometimes Satan tries to get us to beleive God is not there, but God is always with us ready to lift us up when the storm is raging around us. God only has to say three little words "Peace, be still" and even the wind and waves obey Him. I will continue to pray that God will bless the work you do.  Just think of all the lives you are affecting and changing for the good. Keep up the good work you are doing for the Lord.
Thank you so much, wfj. You are correct, there are many who truly believed that TS was completely innocent. I was once one of them. There are also those who refuse to take into account all the years and years of evidence that he is, in fact, guilty of what he is being accused of. Then there are some who simply believe he is innocent because he has been involved with 3ABN, even being called a co-founder by DS.

As you know, wfj, Tommy was my pastor for over 20 years. I think I know just a little bit more about the situation than some of the defenders on here who claim to have never even met him.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2010, 02:08:38 PM »

Thank you so much, wfj. You are correct, there are many who truly believed that TS was completely innocent. I was once one of them. There are also those who refuse to take into account all the years and years of evidence that he is, in fact, guilty of what he is being accused of. Then there are some who simply believe he is innocent because he has been involved with 3ABN, even being called a co-founder by DS.

As you know, wfj, Tommy was my pastor for over 20 years. I think I know just a little bit more about the situation than some of the defenders on here who claim to have never even met him.

As do I, but remember I belong in the looney bin.  :ROFL: :ROFL:
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up