Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript  (Read 137764 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2010, 08:53:35 PM »

How could Walt Thompson MAKE Linda leave the state? I mean she is a USA citizen and she can do as she pleases. She was not a felon, so she could come and go as she liked- Danny could not make her do anything- this is totally rediculous. :horse:

Well, some will probably say to give her time to think, or cool off. However, I don't think that is the case. Something around here is starting to smell fishy.

I also would like to know, what or who gave Walt Thompson the power or authority to demand such action anyway. I guess if you have a "PhDan d are the chairman of the board" you can do as you please.  :dunno:

Wonder why he didn't demand Pastor Tommy Shelton to leave the state after allegations of child molestation? However, he the chairman allowed Pastor Tommy Shelton to remain employed with 3ABN. I would like to see someone answer that!

Could someone please explain to me a simple question, Linda was terminated from her employment, because of allegations of an affair that was never proven. Why didn't the same rule apply to Tommy Shelton, a man who was accused of child pedophilia? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
--edited--
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:03:26 PM by samuelthomas »
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »

My guess would be because Danny didn't demand it, like he did with Linda.

[Wonder why he didn't demand Pastor Tommy Shelton to leave the state after allegations of child molestation? However, he the chairman allowed Pastor Tommy Shelton to remain employed with 3ABN. I would like to see someone answer that!
--edited--

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »

Sorry, George, I was editing my post when you posted. I think you are right. It makes no sense.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »

IMO, there are a few simple answers. Tommy is a Shelton, and Linda is not. Linda had a CD the was outselling all the Shelton CDs. Linda had music videos out that were gaining significant national attention, and the Sheltons did not. She had to be put in her place and made to realize that as a non-Shelton, she was sub-Shelton in every way that really counts. Tommy may have his problems, but he always payed his obligant obeisance to his little brother. Tommy had his problems, but those boys should just get over it and grow up. Linda, well, it was unseemly that a non-Shelton should presume to Shelton greatness... an opinion anyway.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2010, 09:58:49 PM »

IMO, there are a few simple answers. Tommy is a Shelton, and Linda is not. Linda had a CD the was outselling all the Shelton CDs. Linda had music videos out that were gaining significant national attention, and the Sheltons did not. She had to be put in her place and made to realize that as a non-Shelton, she was sub-Shelton in every way that really counts. Tommy may have his problems, but he always payed his obligant obeisance to his little brother. Tommy had his problems, but those boys should just get over it and grow up. Linda, well, it was unseemly that a non-Shelton should presume to Shelton greatness... an opinion anyway.

I understand what you are saying completely. As I have stated before, it appears, the Sheltons do no wrong.  I just have trouble understanding their ways of adapting. 
Billy Graham

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2010, 04:10:46 AM »

I was pleased to hear one of Linda's songs being played in a store I was shopping in last week.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2010, 04:19:39 AM »

The Dream
Chapter 1
Continued...

In a period of less than four months, from the time that she visits her son in the Norwegian Clinic, Linda would experience the murder of her reputation through a highly orchestrated campaign of half truths, lies and innuendo. This would result in the loss of her marriage, ministry,  credibility, potential employment, and everything else she valued. For nineteen years she had been Vice President and co-founder of a worldwide Christian television network, whose motto was “mending broken people”, but in a few brief months Linda Shelton would be unceremoniously put out with the trash. It didn’t matter that she had never committed adultery. Oh, but it does matter in the eyes of God and it appears that DS is in really big trouble with going down that one way street.

A brief telephone call from a member of the subcommittee  assigned to look into the situation between Danny and Linda, would confirm this fact. She told Linda, “The Board doesn’t care about you and Danny’s personal problems...  All the Board cares about is that the president no longer wants his vice-president.” The fact that the president no longer wanted his vice-president, not the false accusations of adultery, was the real reason for Linda’s dismissal from 3ABN according to Dr. Kay Kuzma. After Linda’s removal, Dr. Kuzma would become the head of the book publishing division of 3ABN.  Watching her on 3abn some time ago I alway thought she needed some Doctoring herself. A little flaky. Why did she have to take another job. What was wrong with her Dr. Business?

Sheba

« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2010, 04:33:35 AM »

Ode to Danny Lee

Here's to the moments that are stolen
And stealing is certainly wrong,
But after those moments are stolen
To whom do they really belong?

For if my wife ne'er comes to claim them
And your husband ne're makes a fuss
Let's hold our heads up proudly
And say they belong to us.

For if you had bushels of apples,
And left them alone to rot.
And a neighbor came by and ate them
Would you blame him? Certainly not!

For apples were made to be eaten
And moments were made for delight.
And that's what we'll tell our conscience
If it keeps us awake at nights.

unpublicized words known only by me
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 04:37:18 AM by Sheba »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2010, 03:57:27 PM »

Problem is 3D. I am nobody's right ahnd man...eerrr.......make that woman, and I have no dog in this fight.  But I agree with Linda and George.  You might have a leg to stand on if it had not played out exactly as was feared.  Her Pastor needed to come off his righteous indignation when all the while he was doing Danny's bidding.  They didn't fool everyone.

Also, You all have to make up your minds.  Either Linda's friends are her close friends, or they are just associates that she lies to all the time.  It is only convenient for you all to maintain that Johann was with Linda very little of the time, to give time and opportunity to this phantom of the relationship Danny is trying to present. 

It is a good guess that a church board and group of members whose livelyhood is largely dependent on one of the parties in a dispute, will vote in favor of that party in a squabble of this nature. Protests to the contrary don't carry the weight of logic or reason. Pastor Lomacang's letter expresses ample outrage, but fails to refute the suspicion.

Well you have to say that George, next to Johann, you are Linda's right hand man.

I wonder if you would have the nerve to say the above to the members and Pastor of that church and actually look them in the eye when you said it? I somehow doubt it.

edited to add, If I remember correctly 3abn employees were a minority on the board at the time. Is that correct, George. I could ask someone else, but you should know, right?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Sam

« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »

I would love for you to try and prove your statements "george".  In fact,inventory records will show exactly the opposite. If memory serves Linda only made 1 CD of her own..the rest was with Danny. The one she made that went along with her "video" caused nothing but grief with the public as no one could understand why she would waste money on a music video as if she were a rock star..or any kind of star at all. She wasn't, but thought she was. The crew that worked with her on the video said she wanted to spare no expense and wanted to be treated as a diva during the whole process.  Those videos did not sell and never would have. Those close to the couple said they had quite a bit of trouble over the video as Danny knew the 3abn viewers would not like the idea but, as usual, Linda insisted on having her own way.

As far as Walt Thompson making her "leave the state" that gave me a good chuckle. When Samuel said something didn't smell right...he was correct. He was smelling all the ridiculous lies about this subject. Use some good common sense people. Walt couldn't or wouldn't make anyone do anything.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »

I would love for you to try and prove your statements "george".  In fact,inventory records will show exactly the opposite. If memory serves Linda only made 1 CD of her own..the rest was with Danny. The one she made that went along with her "video" caused nothing but grief with the public as no one could understand why she would waste money on a music video as if she were a rock star..or any kind of star at all. She wasn't, but thought she was. The crew that worked with her on the video said she wanted to spare no expense and wanted to be treated as a diva during the whole process.  Those videos did not sell and never would have. Those close to the couple said they had quite a bit of trouble over the video as Danny knew the 3abn viewers would not like the idea but, as usual, Linda insisted on having her own way.

As far as Walt Thompson making her "leave the state" that gave me a good chuckle. When Samuel said something didn't smell right...he was correct. He was smelling all the ridiculous lies about this subject. Use some good common sense people. Walt couldn't or wouldn't make anyone do anything.

Interesting spin, Sam.  Answer this...then why on earth did Walt tell her she had to leave?

By the way 3D..I'm still waiting.
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2010, 02:22:06 PM »

I would love for YOU to try to prove YOUR statements, "SAM." Oh, that's right. Facts are foreign to you.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

GRAT

« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »

So am I 3-D.  But them I am not anybody that anybody would care about so why should you have to answer my question.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2010, 03:03:26 PM »

Although a credible source disagrees with Sam on the inventory matter, he makes several points here that I believe are factual. Credible sources will back up his statements about what the crew said, the internal disputes over the videos, and their lack of sales. On the other hand, my opinion is that the videos would have done well outside the SDA circles. I think they were probably too edgy for the 3ABN audience, which seems to prefer more straight forward perfomance and less drama. The crew were very creative and made remarkable products. In other venues I think those guys could be producing multi-million dollar videos.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »

Oh my, Cindy!  How terrible!   I know that was just an awful time for you.

I also personally know thw story of a women whose experience is exactly as I see Linda's.  This man was engaged to be married to another woman accused his much younger wife of adultery, and swore his three boys to secrecy.......about their "new" mother.   Until the youngest made an unfortunte outburst one day, the woman was compeltely clueless as to why her husband had acted the way he did.

And here is where you and in(always, of course in love) disagree.  :-)  I see you ex-husband's actions more akin to Danny's.  You may or may not know this, but at the time Danny was proclaiming his love for his wife and marriage on BSDA, he was filing for a quickie Guam divorce.  We always thought it sounded funny, and just were waiting around for the other shoe to drop, when we finally were able to put it together.  It did, with Brandy's arrival not six months after Linda's departure.

I think for Linda, that as always hindsight was 20/20 and she saw the mistake she made by signing a host of agreements not in her best interest without legal representation.

Ok, here we may disagree...

Perhaps.. and I know some of the details here, but not all, but you know what? 4 mos isn't beyond comprehension to me. I was married for 20 years, and it only took one minute for me to discover that I had grounds for divorce. My children had to tell me, as my husband said he was finding himself in order to be the husband and father he should be and needed time, I gave him that, until he showed up at a family gathering that I was asked to not attend by his family members due to him not being ready and not able to face me yet. Christmas, I stayed home while my children went. He showed up with another woman, and broke their hearts,and they had to tell me.  My husband, told me he didn't want a divorce as he still loved me, he said that while living with that other woman, and he continued to be with her while stalking me, and he even contested our divorce. But, how much time did I need? From our separation, to my decision to file for a divorce, it was one month...

These things happen. It isn't how much time, but what happened in that time, and why, and what, and how,  which are the problem, imo.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Up