Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript  (Read 137779 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »

At the end of his sermon at GC I can understand how that would happen with his ending. I am surprised they had him speak then. It was sort of strange though because at the end the camera rested on the people i audience and I noticed them shaking their head and laughing. But I still thought it was a good topic with all other denominations and the understanding of the clean and unclean. But it is obvious you already been there and heard it.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2010, 05:32:24 PM »

The Dream
Chapter 1
Continued...

In her search for answers Linda sought counsel from three Christians in the maturity of their lives: a retired pastor and his wife, Johann and Irmgard Thorvaldsson, who were to become her best friends and surrogate parents; and the professional counsel of a respected Christian physician, Dr. Arild Abrahamsen, who would later become a trusted friend. In the midst of this upheaval, she would be in contact with all three of them. Together they would share the information Linda had given them and prayerfully sought for ways to help her: through their combined knowledge of Scripture, Christian experience and medicine. Because of the nature of the accusations against her, the possible mental health issues in regard to her husband and the lack of support from her local church Pastor, Linda felt more secure sharing the confidential details of her ordeal with individuals who were mature both in years and spiritual experience. She related her experiences to them as they unfolded.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »

The Dream
Chapter 1
Continued...

Based upon her trusting nature, Linda began searching for a possible answer to the riddle of Danny's changing behavior. Knowing there was a history of mental illness within his family, she questioned if that could be the explanation for the sudden shift in  attitude toward her.  She didn't even want to entertain the other possible solution that came to mind so reluctantly:  Danny was lying to her and everyone else, that another woman was intimately involved and he was trying to rid himself of her. Linda chose not to even consider  the possibility that Danny would do anything that could possibly bring harm to the ministry they had built together. Unfortunately her faith in her husband would prove to be unwarranted and both she and others would become  pawns in a dangerous game of deception.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2010, 10:30:20 AM »

You know mrst, there were no guns, etc.  However, I think the circumstances of emotional and mental abuse are in play.  WT, 3ABN board, and her own pastor were believing DS accusations, no matter what she did to deny them.  They acted on his accusations, leaving her without a job, home, etc.  What else was she supposed to do.

About the authorities.......well, LS did herself a great disservice by not having proper or maybe even no legal representation during that time..  She signed the gag order, and started to live by those condidtions..............expecting DS to do the same, but he talked about it every chance he got....sigh...............at that point, that would be her only income, and it seems to her thinking her only way to at least survive.  I, personally, would have called a high profile divorce attorney.....Gloria Allred would have been my choice....and got ALL I deserved.  LS did not, and then tried much too late to overturn the Guam quickie divorce.  Sad story.

I still never got an answer as to how Walt Thompson could make LS leave the state. Did he use a gun?, Blackmail? If he used these methods and Linda did not trust the local police, surely she could have gone to the State Police, the State Attorney,the State Representatives, the Governor? Surely DS didn not have all of them in his pocket.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2010, 11:03:37 AM »

Yes, definitely a sad story, Di. And it continues. Even today there is continual harassment, but let me not get into that. . . yet. Danny still has a key to her car. And he leaves things in there. . . .

You know mrst, there were no guns, etc.  However, I think the circumstances of emotional and mental abuse are in play.  WT, 3ABN board, and her own pastor were believing DS accusations, no matter what she did to deny them.  They acted on his accusations, leaving her without a job, home, etc.  What else was she supposed to do.

About the authorities.......well, LS did herself a great disservice by not having proper or maybe even no legal representation during that time..  She signed the gag order, and started to live by those condidtions..............expecting DS to do the same, but he talked about it every chance he got....sigh...............at that point, that would be her only income, and it seems to her thinking her only way to at least survive.  I, personally, would have called a high profile divorce attorney.....Gloria Allred would have been my choice....and got ALL I deserved.  LS did not, and then tried much too late to overturn the Guam quickie divorce.  Sad story.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2010, 11:21:17 AM »

Tiger Woods and Danny Shelton both wanted their ex-wives's to agree to not spill the beans on their ex-husbands as a condition for receiving money.

Harley

« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »

He does? I am new here but have a question about what you said. I hope that is all right.  What things does he leave in there? Can't she call the police and get him arrested and get her keys back? I would.

Yes, definitely a sad story, Di. And it continues. Even today there is continual harassment, but let me not get into that. . . yet. Danny still has a key to her car. And he leaves things in there. . . .

mrst53

« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2010, 11:58:43 AM »

I would have my car re-keyed. Doesn't she have a restraining order against this man? I'm sorry, but I would move out of state to get away from him- He's crazy- even if my family is still there, at some point, you have to bite the bullet and just leave for your own sanity.

Johann

« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2010, 12:59:22 PM »

Back in 2003 I traveled with Linda, Danny, and Tommy Shelton in Europe. When we got to France Danny told his audience that he always travels on the airplanes with a Swizz army knife in his pocket, and until now he had always managed to get through the security with it - until he met the Danish security.  So now he did not have that special knife any more.

The God-fearing audience was thrilled to hear how this miracle man managed to break the law and get away with it. So it did not take long before his admirers had given him a couple of new similar knives. He promised them he would not get caught again. He even showed them the trick he used not to get caught by security.

So people seemed assured the good lord was on his side and admired the miracle maker. He has a very unique way of getting even the best of people getting excited about his way of doing things and feeling that Danny is exalted above all law and rules because he is proclaiming the truth through his TV network.

At that time even I thought it was just a good joke. Six months later I discovered it was not.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2010, 01:05:57 PM »

Uh, I thought she lived quite a distance from him/3ABN?  He's stalking her?  Why?  Is he also stalking Brandy?  Mercy!  No wonder folks don't know whent hey have gone to far.  Where is the line, people?!!!

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »

I would have my car re-keyed. Doesn't she have a restraining order against this man? I'm sorry, but I would move out of state to get away from him- He's crazy- even if my family is still there, at some point, you have to bite the bullet and just leave for your own sanity.

Still fighting. . .   but somehow the miracle maker manages to drag things out. Nothing is normal in this case.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2010, 01:11:52 PM »

Using the devil's tools to try to do the Lord's work!.  You know that never works! 

You know this does not surprise me.  I know right now of a church leader who has done some unethical, down right illegal stuff, and he has a band of followers just as content with him be shady as they can be!

Back in 2003 I traveled with Linda, Danny, and Tommy Shelton in Europe. When we got to France Danny told his audience that he always travels on the airplanes with a Swizz army knife in his pocket, and until now he had always managed to get through the security with it - until he met the Danish security.  So now he did not have that special knife any more.

The God-fearing audience was thrilled to hear how this miracle man managed to break the law and get away with it. So it did not take long before his admirers had given him a couple of new similar knives. He promised them he would not get caught again. He even showed them the trick he used not to get caught by security.

So people seemed assured the good lord was on his side and admired the miracle maker. He has a very unique way of getting even the best of people getting excited about his way of doing things and feeling that Danny is exalted above all law and rules because he is proclaiming the truth through his TV network.

At that time even I thought it was just a good joke. Six months later I discovered it was not.

Johann

« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »

He does? I am new here but have a question about what you said. I hope that is all right.  What things does he leave in there? Can't she call the police and get him arrested and get her keys back? I would.

Welcome, good to see you here, Harley. Also lots of break-ins into her house. Nothing of value stolen, but pictures and documents. Now police is investigating. Other pictures and documents will be left behind. Nothing is normal. Seems like he manages to get some locksmith make a new key to her house each time she changes her locks.

Then there are the cars following her. And people following her to church and other places.

Danny apparently does not do it himself. Who? Private Investigators? No need for a restraining order!!!

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »

The Dreamer
Chapter 1
Continued...

Linda knew Danny had two uncles that had suffered from mental illness and in searching her memory for additional clues in the Shelton family history, she recalled the stories Danny told about Grandpa Shelton. The one in particular that stood out in her mind was the whipping of his chickens. When Danny first told the story, Linda started to laugh. She could not seriously imagine anyone chasing chickens—with stick in hand ready to inflict justice—for the crime of  having a bad attitude and acting disrespectfully toward their master. The thought was so hilarious, how could it be true?  Who in their right mind would indulge in such ridiculous behavior?  As Linda looked up and saw the serious expression on her husband's face, she stopped laughing and realized this was no joke. Danny was simply recounting a part of the Shelton family history.

At the time she had thought to herself, “Well, everyone has a few quirky relatives”, and dismissed the thought that her husband would ever exhibit the same type of behavior. Later, when she saw Danny whipping the horses they raised, she was astonished to see the Shelton family history repeating itself in her husband, two generations later. Surprised and dismayed by the way he was handling the horses, she tried to gently tease him out of this behavior by calling him “Grandpa Shelton”. Hearing her comment, he laughed. He took pride in being a Shelton and accepted her gentle rebuke as a compliment. Danny felt justified in whipping his horses for having a bad attitude and acting disrespectfully toward him, exactly as he had witnessed Grandpa Shelton whipping his chickens for the same offences.

For Danny ownership was equated with certain rights and privileges. Among which are absolute control, obedience and a total lack of accountability to anyone other than himself. Within his realm, both privately and in the ministry he and Linda had built together,  his motives and behavior were beyond question. If he chose to abuse his horses or his wife, it was his prerogative. He owned them and  possession has its privilege: no accountability and Danny became a law unto himself. Once he removed Linda, there would no longer be that small voice that attempted to  stand in opposition against any potentially unethical choice he was about to implement. Remove Linda and remove the conscience from the administration of 3ABN. Danny’s choice to replace Linda in the administration of 3ABN, his brother, Tommy Shelton, an accused child molester. To replace Linda in the marital bed, a woman younger than his own daughter.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2010, 01:38:54 PM »

Ok so one of them, TS, or DS is just crazy.  Johann, You are telling me that Danny is the one who has remarried, and about to be divorced again, but he still is tormenting LS.......Once again, is this what he does to everyone ex-wife?  Is he also stalking Brandy?  Are you all sure Linda is not imagining all of this?  Not that I put it passed Danny, it is a situation over which he thought he had full control and he didn't.  Control freaks almost never get over a thing like that, but still....are you all certain?  This sounds like a Hitchcock thriller...............    :o

Welcome, good to see you here, Harley. Also lots of break-ins into her house. Nothing of value stolen, but pictures and documents. Now police is investigating. Other pictures and documents will be left behind. Nothing is normal. Seems like he manages to get some locksmith make a new key to her house each time she changes her locks.

Then there are the cars following her. And people following her to church and other places.

Danny apparently does not do it himself. Who? Private Investigators? No need for a restraining order!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Up