Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: "Sam" calls Tommy Shelton a liar  (Read 30190 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Re: "Sam" calls Tommy Shelton a liar
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 09:25:08 AM »

This whole saga is a sad one.  It is sad for Tommy Shelton and all of his family members.  It is sad for the young people who have accused him and for others of whom he is accused of inappropriate relationships.

In any case:  According to what has been posted here, Tommy Shelton has pled guilty under circumstances where he may go to prison.

With that guilty plea, under the law, Tommy Shelton has acknowledged that he violated the law by his conduct.  He has agreed to  accept the label of "guilty."  This is sad, but if the post is accurate, the fact has been established that he is   guilty.

It is wrong in this situation to blame the "victim."  It is wrong to say that there is not victim.  The guilty plea, if true, trumpets to the world otherwise and that there is a victim or victims.

In a situation like this, the blame for the violation of the law rests soley on the person who has admitted violating the  law.  The blame does not rest on the victim.

In any case, with the guilty plea, maybe those who have charged him may be able to obtian some peace and resolution.  Let us hope so.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 10:46:48 AM »

This whole saga is a sad one.  It is sad for Tommy Shelton and all of his family members.  It is sad for the young people who have accused him and for others of whom he is accused of inappropriate relationships.

In any case:  According to what has been posted here, Tommy Shelton has pled guilty under circumstances where he may go to prison.

With that guilty plea, under the law, Tommy Shelton has acknowledged that he violated the law by his conduct.  He has agreed to  accept the label of "guilty."  This is sad, but if the post is accurate, the fact has been established that he is   guilty.

It is wrong in this situation to blame the "victim."  It is wrong to say that there is not victim.  The guilty plea, if true, trumpets to the world otherwise and that there is a victim or victims.

In a situation like this, the blame for the violation of the law rests soley on the person who has admitted violating the  law.  The blame does not rest on the victim.

In any case, with the guilty plea, maybe those who have charged him may be able to obtian some peace and resolution.  Let us hope so.
Excellent post, Gregory. I agree 100%.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »

Excellent post, Gregory. I agree 100%.

This may surprise a few here, but except for the exception below, I too agree.

This part here:
"and for others of whom he is accused of inappropriate relationships."

I would hope and pray that each other case is decided on it's own merits, or lack of merits, whichever that may be.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »

I need to answer this here, but before I do and anybody starts getting ideas, let's get a couple of things straight beforehand and save yourself the time and effort of posting replies which have nothing to do with what I am posting about.

This is not about the current case underway this morning against Tommy Shelton.  This is not about Tommy Shelton's guilt or innocence when it comes to the allegations of child molestation you've all made about that. This is not about the issue of child molestation period. Duane Clem was of age, he has said over and over he wasn't raped and has never claimed he was molested. So it's not about that either.  I am addressing only his story and claims here.  To further set you straight this is not about Danny Shelton, defending him, nor about 3ABN and defending them. Duane Clem's and Tommy Shelton's problem had nothing to do with them either.

So don't be trying to address any o that with me because I won't dignify a reply to none of it.

I wasn't trying to discredit you by saying that you got your apology right away. I simply don't understand why he would apologize to you, and admit guilt, and not apologize to others while consistently saying he is innocent where they are concerned. You say it was because you didn't file charges against him, well neither did they, right? (with the current case being the exception) So that doesn't make sense to me, sorry. That was my main point.

It is my understanding  that the letter you refer to was not the first apology though, because that  letter itself refers to an earlier apology to you. That's why I referred to  multiple apologies. If I misunderstood about the time referred to and spoke in error when I said "You got your apology right away" while referring to that earlier apology, I  humbly apologize. It does now sound like I was wrong about that, thanks, and so I am sorry, Duane.

Quote from: written apology
To:     "Duane CLem"
Subject:     Re: Hello
Date:     Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:53:09 -0500

Hi Duane, I received your e-mail a couple of days ago. I guess you sent it longer ago than that, but I am not home several days a week. It sounds like you are doing what makes you the happiest - being involved in Gospel music. Duane, I have spent the last several years trying to straighten my life out.....You will remember that before I went to D.C. I apologized to you and told you that I wanted to make a new start and I have been trying to do that ever since. I've been honest with my wife, whom I almost destroyed with what I did....

Well, I certainly don't remember an apology. I remember him trying to justify and smooth things over, but no apology.

Well then maybe you better think back again, Clem. It appears to me you forget a lot of things, such as writing and an telling Tommy there was nothing to forgive and that he'd never hurt you, but this here forgetfulness isn't going to work, because many were in the know here. Those people have been very puzzled at your acts and words and your teaming up with the Pickle against Tommy, and even Carol, and accusing and blaming her after so many years. It stops right here as I'm calling a spade, a spade. Let God is our witness and Judge here.

There was an apology face to face before Tommy moved to Va.  He explained to those who he'd confessed to that he wanted his conscience clear and so he asked you  (with Carol's knowledge) to go out and have a sandwich. You went and Tommy apologized. From that time on Duane, it certainly did look like things were smoothed over. You called him periodically to ask for advice about different things. Carol didn't want you calling and Tommy told you that but you still called every once in awhile because you said that no matter where Tommy went, In your heart Tommy would always be your pastor. Throughout the years Duane, you were always his biggest defender against Dryden and others. After Tommy moved back to Kentucky you called again but talked to Carol that time and started telling Carol that you were working with a girl and trying to lead her to give her heart to the Lord but that you needed advice and help. Carol who had a hard time dealing with you Duane after everything, took the high road and  did what she could to help the girl, even going to visit her several times. This all took place over a few months and you and Carol were in contact back and forth. This was just prior to the pickledjoy thing and you remember how you told Pickle you were looking for news of Tommy when you came across his accusations, and entered the fray fightening mad and still defending Tommy. Remember?

Now here is this supposed abuse back in the 80's and yet, all through the years Duane,  you remained friends with Tommy and his family and defended him, and them So what changed all that?

Nobody in the know about all a this is a Doctor, but it does appear the letter of apology, your second apology, was the catalyst Why? Because in it Tommy says because it was so hard on Carol that you two could no longer be even casual friends, so  it looks to us like you took it as some kind of rejection. And then of course after Pickle got hold of you, you began to claim you had to protect your ministry and your kids and couldn't have it come out and hurt that, so you had to speak up and out against Tommy publicly. The problem is, not only are you lying here about not remembering that apology, but you claimed Tommy apologized because you didn't file criminal charges, but Duane that was a worse lie.. You had no criminal charges to file. You were of age and a willing participant, and nothing which you have said occured between you and he is a crime. NOTHING. What charges would you file for crying out loud?

That's it, that's all I have to say. If you get angry I won't blame you, and I'll even understand,but for your own sake, try and not do or say anything in anger that you might later regret. 

There was never a face to face apology. The rest of what you say is twisted to look good for Tommy. And, Ive said numerous times, God has delivered me from my anger issues. I know you're disappointed about that, but it's true.

BTW, do you REALLY think you're fooling anyone with the name change? LOL
Duane Clem

mrst53

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »

Those letters from Tommy to Duane were the poorest excuses for an apology I have ever seen. All they were, were attempts to make Tommy look good and I am outsider on this site.  He tries to make excuses for himself. If he had really been sorry and had really wanted help, he would have checked himself into a good mental heath facility for a GOOD LONG  TIME and NEVER ALOWED HIMSELF  to be put into another situation with children or teens again OR allowed his family to LET him to be put in the situation again. BUT Tommy did NOT DO THAT. He continually put himself into those situations where children and teens were near and he was alone with them. He WAS NOT SORRY FOR WHAT HE DID, HE IS SORRY HE GOT CAUGHT! I know it is a sickness, but Tommy has known he has had it for a long time and there was help out there and he didn't get it. If you have high blood pressure and have a stroke because you didn't take your medicine who's fault is it???? Same goes for Tommy.....

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »

Plus this just gives virification that his wife knew it all along while all the rest "cried Innocen" she knew it for the adopted child, she knew all the rest of victims, she knew, their children knew so whats new?? and the followers cry "innocent". If the wife knew, so did the brothers, so did the sister and Melody, and Linda and the 3abn board...That does not stay in the closet for all to cry foul when they knew. The minglers knew or now they have no excuse for saying they didn't. Whew, what a mess. The power of one man's evil that spread almost into infinity. Same thing Satan did wasn't it??

mrst53

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »

tinka,
I am so afraid that there are so many more victims out there that we don't even know about. Pedophiles don't just stop and pick up again years later, they keep abusing, so there must be more victims between Duane's age group and Adam's group and then after Adam's group. When and if they come forward will be anyone's guess. How many there are, only God knows and we can only pray that God will heal them.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »

tinka,
I am so afraid that there are so many more victims out there that we don't even know about. Pedophiles don't just stop and pick up again years later, they keep abusing, so there must be more victims between Duane's age group and Adam's group and then after Adam's group. When and if they come forward will be anyone's guess. How many there are, only God knows and we can only pray that God will heal them.
There are others before me as well.
Duane Clem

mrst53

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2010, 06:45:10 PM »

Duane,
I am so, so sorry, that Tommy was not stopped before he reached you. Someone will be held accountable on Judgement Day for that.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2010, 07:22:28 PM »

Frankly, Mr. Smith, you are correct...YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT A DOCTOR, A PSYCHOLOGIST OR EVEN A GOOD PASTOR.

Mr. Clem's entire history is exactly what you see in most sexual predator cases...since the offender is obviously capable of "lording" over his victim, these are common inter-dependency and compensation reactions for what was clearly a very repressed part of his life.

Obviously, at some point the guilt finally rose to the surface and he has now gone through the process of regaining his self respect, a very important process in the healing cycle.

It may shock the civility of some, but the observation of someone actually holding the miscreant "pastor" accountable can in fact be very cathartic for all the victims, whether publicly or privately. I, for one, welcome this day of a "partial justice" as way too little way too late. And I view it a natural consequence of his outrageous sin.
But very inconsequential given the number of victims over the decades.

I will never forget going to a funeral of a favorite uncle and hearing a favorite aunt boldly exclaim with ferver "the old bastard finally got what he deserved"... and with that discovered the presumed saint had a harem or ladies that had left my aunt devastated for 30 years. She was resentful and full of seething hatred all those years, smiling and hugging the man at every gathering I could remember. Go figure!!!! And they sat in the same pew every Sunday (not SDA'a obviously).

My aunt asked me to arrange for resolution of some of the estate issues, and I was glad to freely do so, until I was startled to discover I had a couple of "hidden cousins" that were to be beneficiaries of the my uncles secret will and estate. Can you imagine the traumatic  issues resulting from this uncovering of two "accidental" mothers and their children and all the vicious responses I became a victim of as I helped with the execution of my Uncles will with his attorney...both sides clearly viewed me as a the great satan as I defended the exact purpose of the will despite cross-claims in probate from multiple parties.

My aunt never spoke to me again as she exercised the simpelist form of transference for all those years of spousal abuse to me for siding with my uncles exact will, a result of his adulterous life.   

So, in summary, there is nothing unusual in what you describe and live and learn...I am sure this will not be the first or last case you will see. Just be sure to protect the victim and crucify the perpetrator. That is justice and will likely save the world of more victims.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I need to answer this here, but before I do and anybody starts getting ideas, let's get a couple of things straight beforehand and save yourself the time and effort of posting replies which have nothing to do with what I am posting about.

This is not about the current case underway this morning against Tommy Shelton.  This is not about Tommy Shelton's guilt or innocence when it comes to the allegations of child molestation you've all made about that. This is not about the issue of child molestation period. Duane Clem was of age, he has said over and over he wasn't raped and has never claimed he was molested. So it's not about that either.  I am addressing only his story and claims here.  To further set you straight this is not about Danny Shelton, defending him, nor about 3ABN and defending them. Duane Clem's and Tommy Shelton's problem had nothing to do with them either.

So don't be trying to address any o that with me because I won't dignify a reply to none of it.

I wasn't trying to discredit you by saying that you got your apology right away. I simply don't understand why he would apologize to you, and admit guilt, and not apologize to others while consistently saying he is innocent where they are concerned. You say it was because you didn't file charges against him, well neither did they, right? (with the current case being the exception) So that doesn't make sense to me, sorry. That was my main point.

It is my understanding  that the letter you refer to was not the first apology though, because that  letter itself refers to an earlier apology to you. That's why I referred to  multiple apologies. If I misunderstood about the time referred to and spoke in error when I said "You got your apology right away" while referring to that earlier apology, I  humbly apologize. It does now sound like I was wrong about that, thanks, and so I am sorry, Duane.

Quote from: written apology
To:     "Duane CLem"
Subject:     Re: Hello
Date:     Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:53:09 -0500

Hi Duane, I received your e-mail a couple of days ago. I guess you sent it longer ago than that, but I am not home several days a week. It sounds like you are doing what makes you the happiest - being involved in Gospel music. Duane, I have spent the last several years trying to straighten my life out.....You will remember that before I went to D.C. I apologized to you and told you that I wanted to make a new start and I have been trying to do that ever since. I've been honest with my wife, whom I almost destroyed with what I did....

Well, I certainly don't remember an apology. I remember him trying to justify and smooth things over, but no apology.

Well then maybe you better think back again, Clem. It appears to me you forget a lot of things, such as writing and an telling Tommy there was nothing to forgive and that he'd never hurt you, but this here forgetfulness isn't going to work, because many were in the know here. Those people have been very puzzled at your acts and words and your teaming up with the Pickle against Tommy, and even Carol, and accusing and blaming her after so many years. It stops right here as I'm calling a spade, a spade. Let God is our witness and Judge here.

There was an apology face to face before Tommy moved to Va.  He explained to those who he'd confessed to that he wanted his conscience clear and so he asked you  (with Carol's knowledge) to go out and have a sandwich. You went and Tommy apologized. From that time on Duane, it certainly did look like things were smoothed over. You called him periodically to ask for advice about different things. Carol didn't want you calling and Tommy told you that but you still called every once in awhile because you said that no matter where Tommy went, In your heart Tommy would always be your pastor. Throughout the years Duane, you were always his biggest defender against Dryden and others. After Tommy moved back to Kentucky you called again but talked to Carol that time and started telling Carol that you were working with a girl and trying to lead her to give her heart to the Lord but that you needed advice and help. Carol who had a hard time dealing with you Duane after everything, took the high road and  did what she could to help the girl, even going to visit her several times. This all took place over a few months and you and Carol were in contact back and forth. This was just prior to the pickledjoy thing and you remember how you told Pickle you were looking for news of Tommy when you came across his accusations, and entered the fray fightening mad and still defending Tommy. Remember?

Now here is this supposed abuse back in the 80's and yet, all through the years Duane,  you remained friends with Tommy and his family and defended him, and them So what changed all that?

Nobody in the know about all a this is a Doctor, but it does appear the letter of apology, your second apology, was the catalyst Why? Because in it Tommy says because it was so hard on Carol that you two could no longer be even casual friends, so  it looks to us like you took it as some kind of rejection. And then of course after Pickle got hold of you, you began to claim you had to protect your ministry and your kids and couldn't have it come out and hurt that, so you had to speak up and out against Tommy publicly. The problem is, not only are you lying here about not remembering that apology, but you claimed Tommy apologized because you didn't file criminal charges, but Duane that was a worse lie.. You had no criminal charges to file. You were of age and a willing participant, and nothing which you have said occured between you and he is a crime. NOTHING. What charges would you file for crying out loud?

That's it, that's all I have to say. If you get angry I won't blame you, and I'll even understand,but for your own sake, try and not do or say anything in anger that you might later regret. 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2010, 08:06:53 PM »

Carol who had a hard time dealing with you Duane after everything, took the high road and  did what she could to help the girl, even going to visit her several times.

Could you please explain this? I don't understand it. It sounds like you are saying that Carol blamed Duane for seducing her husband, instead of blaming her husband for abusing his position by seducing male youth.

The way you have described Carol's thoughts on the matter, it sounds as if Carol should seek some professional help.

Does Carol blame her adopted son for seducing her husband? Does Carol have a hard time dealing with her adopted son?

The real question is, Does Carol have trouble dealing with her cheating husband who preyed on the innocent and weak over and over again?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2010, 08:41:20 PM »

Boy is this sick- cause those questions of Carol are true as the sun coming up tomorrow. It was obvious from the beginning her sickness too and I'll tell you why..I don't see any scars on the head of TS in the picture from an iron skillet from Carol. She would have had every right to do it for the adopted son's protection. Who knows that might have been the end of it all.  ;D

I told my husband this eve of what was transpiring with the "plea" and the judge. and he instantly said no ifs or ands about it..the man needs to be in jail and the judge said and thinking the right thing. He had his day and "years of mass distruction". The rest of them need to be done the same. so there is what many of jury would think because I can take it from my "honest good political guru of facts"  ;)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2010, 06:50:55 AM »

You know what I find funny? The defenders keep saying I'm not involved in this case, yet they keep attacking me.   :scratch:
Duane Clem

Johann

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2010, 06:56:57 AM »

You know what I find funny? The defenders keep saying I'm not involved in this case, yet they keep attacking me.   :scratch:

Somebody must think as I do, but for a different reason - that you are an important person.

Pat Williams

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2010, 07:15:02 AM »

Well then at least you can feel important. It sounds to me like you are saying or implying that all the posts made which are critical of you, in disagreement with you, or which question you, or rebut things you post are being made because of this case, and confirm that you are involved, and that you are saying that there is no other possible reason for them.  I agree that is funny. Especially since this case only came up months ago, and people have been having problems with your account and claims, and the way you act, and treat, and talk about, and to others for years now.

Quote from: Encarta online dictionary
Funny
Definition:

1. comical: causing amusement, especially enough to provoke laughter

2. strange: odd or perplexing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up