Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Benefit to "help victims of clergy sexual abuse" to be held at 3ABN church  (Read 9378 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member

Well, this sounds more plausible.   Interesting timing, indeed.

Well, to be fair, it looks like it's not actually hosted by 3ABN, but it IS at their church. I can only hope this was booked WAY in advance and has nothing to do with recent happenings.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

horsethief

Re: Benefit to "help victims of clergy sexual abuse" to be held at 3ABN church
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »

REMEMBER:  If you don't agree with Gailon, then you are in danger of being labeled a SDAINO.. 

So be aware...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »

Well, Horsethief, Thank-you for that wonderful introduction. It has been a long time since my last appearance here and I am so enjoying the challenge of debating significant issues so important to our future as Seventh-day Adventists. 

But let me clarify that one does not have to agree with anything I do, say or perpetuate...however, I will restate, for the record, it is my unqualified belief that those who do not beleive in the 27 Fundemental Beliefs cannot possibly meet the definition of being a Seventh-day Adventist even if they claim to be Seventh-day Adventists and hold church membership, but indeed may be Seventh-day Adventists In Name Only (SdAINO).

Unfortunately, not everyone who believes in or professes a Belief in the Fundemental Beliefs are guaranteed a place at the Right Hand of the Lamb. Interesting dillema, or is it dichotomy???

Now that will evoke a substantial debate by the various elements of church members everywhere, and I welcome the vigorous discussion. 

Now, back to the topic....has anyone requested help from this group for the victims of Tommy Ray Shelton yet? Maybe they will help with the legal fees or provide counseling for some of the "left behind" victims of TRS there in Southern Illinois.

About time someone in the Illinois Conference stepped forward and did something, but then again, maybe the conference president still does not beleive the victims. By the way, anyone get Dr Thompson's latest take on this? Anyman, Cindy, anyone????

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

horsethief

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »

Well said Gailon... I think we agree more than we disagree.

But it's sad to say that the people who continue to stick with Danny Shelton are a part of a cult. That's not to say that there is no hope for them. But blind obeisance to a guy who has tried to subvert justice in a child molestation case should wake up even the hardest of sinners.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 11:01:15 PM »

Unfortunately, 3ABN, its officers and directors and the stockholders in the Pews have had more than enough proof of the various issues with the leadership of Danny Lee Shelton and clearly ignored every road sign in blind ignorance of obvious discrepancies.

The incredible story is that this ministry that is suppose to be the ministry that will counteract the counterfeit has been proven to be a counterfeit.

I will not bore you with the details of the various efforts we made to deal directly with Danny, then the directors, before we took the story to the "stockholders in the pews". We even tried hard to work out a "conciliation tribunal" that they would only do if it would whitewash the dirty undue process in their dealing with Linda Sue Shelton and they pulled out of this when we insisted on safety rules to guarantee a fair and reasonable hearing procedure. We had spent significant time preparing the case for the tribunal and they knew the evidence we had.

when we finally ent to the stockholders in the pews, the "cult members" you refer to elected civil authority and as the evidence mounted against them, quickly dismissed the case to prevent a trial on the merits that would expose it all on the court record for all to see and evaluate. WIMPS, every one of them!!! And they still run from the field of fair and equitable resolution of the issues.

Now, they have circled the wagons and still spend large sums to defend the annointed one from public scrutiny and church discipline.

Be assured the Lord will bring this miscreant to Justice in His good time and they will reap the whirlwind?

Linda has been exonerated despite their rebellion against the Law of God and properly constituted church authority. DLS continues to prove He believes he is above the Law of God and surrounds himself with others in rebellion as well. Time runs against them and God's justice will most assuredly be acheived...May God deal well with their rebellious souls.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up