Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do young people appear on Kid's Time?  (Read 6330 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Do young people appear on Kid's Time?
« on: November 16, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »

According to the Washington Post, Tommy stated to the judge:

Quote from: Tom Jackman of the Washington Post
"I am remorseful," Shelton said. "I tried to live a Christian life all my life. I obviously got off track for a while. In the last 15 years, I've done everything in my power to live the way I should. I've kept myself away from young people... Saying I'm sorry doesn't fix it, but from the bottom of my heart, I am remorseful."

What does this mean? Does this mean that young people never appeared on 3ABN's Kid's Time, hosted by Brenda Walsh? Or did Tommy lie to the judge? Or is Tommy saying that he has stayed away from young people ever since he left 3ABN after the new allegations popped up in Virginia in late 2006?

mrst53

Re: Do young people appear on Kid's Time?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 06:08:56 PM »

I thought Tommy was appearing on Kid's time until just recentely....

JustWondering

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 08:26:47 PM »

"I am remorseful," Shelton said. "I tried to live a Christian life all my life. I obviously got off track for a while. In the last 15 years, I've done everything in my power to live the way I should. I've kept myself away from young people... Saying I'm sorry doesn't fix it, but from the bottom of my heart, I am remorseful."

What does this mean? Does this mean that young people never appeared on 3ABN's Kid's Time, hosted by Brenda Walsh? Or did Tommy lie to the judge? Or is Tommy saying that he has stayed away from young people ever since he left 3ABN after the new allegations popped up in Virginia in late 2006?

Come on Pickle.  TS explained this in detail, so there should not be a need to ask questions.  ;)
Quote from: Tommy Shelton Open Letter, dated February 2007
"I have worked for the last 6 years in an environment where there are NO young people.
(I understand that you pastor has mentioned the 3ABN Kids Time program - that these children could possibly be
in danger. Kids Time hasn’t even been taped in two years, - It’s all reruns - and when it was being taped, it was in
a studio two miles from were I worked and when I did go over to accompany a guest, it was in a studio filled with
parents and camera people for an hour or so two or three times per season). I attend a church where there are
NO young people. I live in a rural area where there are NO young people for miles. I have not preached a
campmeeting where there were young people for over five years. I live 800 miles from the young people at
Community Church of God. How could this be his real motive?"

I am sure there are NO "young people" on the way from Marion, KY to 3ABN.  No parks... No playgrounds...  No schools...  No churches with "young people"...

I just noticed that TS used "young people" in his letter and he also said "young people" in the WP quote.  I wonder what his definition is for "young people."

According to the WP quote TS said that he has kept himself away from "young people" for the last 15 years.  Now how is this possible?  (2010 -15 = 1995)  Hmmm, this includes his time at the Dunn Loring church.  So he pleaded guilty to two felony counts of taking indecent liberties with a child under his supervision, and he is remorseful from the bottom of his heart, but the felonies took place during the time he kept himself away from "young people."

Johann

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 03:34:27 AM »

Come on Pickle.  TS explained this in detail, so there should not be a need to ask questions.  ;)
Quote from: Tommy Shelton Open Letter, dated February 2007
"I have worked for the last 6 years in an environment where there are NO young people.
(I understand that you pastor has mentioned the 3ABN Kids Time program - that these children could possibly be
in danger. Kids Time hasn’t even been taped in two years, - It’s all reruns - and when it was being taped, it was in
a studio two miles from were I worked and when I did go over to accompany a guest, it was in a studio filled with
parents and camera people for an hour or so two or three times per season). I attend a church where there are
NO young people. I live in a rural area where there are NO young people for miles. I have not preached a
campmeeting where there were young people for over five years. I live 800 miles from the young people at
Community Church of God. How could this be his real motive?"

I am sure there are NO "young people" on the way from Marion, KY to 3ABN.  No parks... No playgrounds...  No schools...  No churches with "young people"...

I just noticed that TS used "young people" in his letter and he also said "young people" in the WP quote.  I wonder what his definition is for "young people."

According to the WP quote TS said that he has kept himself away from "young people" for the last 15 years.  Now how is this possible?  (2010 -15 = 1995)  Hmmm, this includes his time at the Dunn Loring church.  So he pleaded guilty to two felony counts of taking indecent liberties with a child under his supervision, and he is remorseful from the bottom of his heart, but the felonies took place during the time he kept himself away from "young people."

Some Shelton-type of a "miracle" occuring?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 05:34:33 AM »

No camp meetings, but what about revivals? What about the revival he did at First Baptist Church in Old Hickory, TN, the fall of 2008? The bulletins listed a youth minister, and announcements to both youth and children.

See if you can get an idea of how many young people are at that church: http://sites.google.com/site/firstbaptistchurchoh/Home

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

You have got to be kidding!

Not to mention the fact that Tommy has two young grandchildren. Who their parents have not thought twice about leaving alone with him.

Oh that's right, have we forgotten what Brad Walker told Alex when he called to act remorseful for what happened to him, then stabbed him in the back?

(I'd hate to know their deffinitions of "remorseful" by the way-- Remember Tommy's so called "remorseful" statment in front of the judge?)

Brad Walker said:

"I have never, nor would I ever leave --------(his son) alone with Tommy."

That has turned out to be a complete lie anyway. It can be proven that both children was left alone with Tommy on MANY occasions. ---EVEN AFTER TOMMY LEFT VA!!!---

This is another classic Shelton lie. To bad that Tommy can't be tried for perjury for lying to the judge deliberately when he stated it's been 15 years since he had contact with children.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 07:59:34 PM »

The Prosecutor can always bring another charge for perjury...or witness tampering!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AuReporter
Pages: [1]   Go Up