SDA Media & News > SDA News Clips

Portland Adventist Medical Center in the News...and Not in a Good Way

(1/2) > >>

mfc10:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/02/portland_adventist_refuses_to.html

Sigh...Hope they have a good reason for what occurred!

Maggie

princessdi:
Still doing this, are we? 

Johann:
Unfortunately this seems to be the policy at many hospitals all over the world.

Many years ago it was my pastoral duty to visit a member who was a tailor.  When a family member needed emergency and he did not have the funds to pay for the medical help received, the Adventist Mission hospital confiscated his sewing machine and only source of income.

I asked the reluctant hospital return the sewing machine in return for a note where he promised to pay when he had earned the money. They found his sewing machine in their dirty warehouse gathering dust and rust doing nobody any good - just to follow policy.

Do we have an inborn reluctance to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and prefer to follow man-made policies?

mfc10:

--- Quote from: Johann on February 13, 2011, 03:49:48 AM ---Do we have an inborn reluctance to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and prefer to follow man-made policies?

--- End quote ---

Unbelievable. This is the type of instance when I wish the name "Adventist" wasn't on the Hospital sign!

Johann:

--- Quote from: mfc10 on February 13, 2011, 07:06:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: Johann on February 13, 2011, 03:49:48 AM ---Do we have an inborn reluctance to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and prefer to follow man-made policies?

--- End quote ---

Unbelievable. This is the type of instance when I wish the name "Adventist" wasn't on the Hospital sign!

--- End quote ---

What can we do  about it? Challenge the copyright on the name?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version