Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Money Talk in Southern Illinois?  (Read 16987 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Does Money Talk in Southern Illinois?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 07:33:04 AM »

Such as where is your accountability about the funds you have solicited? You and Joy claimed an accountability would be made. You personally claimed any excess funds would go to a ministry. Which ministry? Yours? Where was this all filed and reported and why would you reportedly condone a large contribution filtered through a Union Conference ministry so that a donor could remain anonymous and get a untitled and illegal tax write off? Yes, we have known for quite some time about this as it was apparently common knowledge at the time, and since then, insiders (yours), have admitted and testified about that as it bothered them. ( It is always good to see active consciences at work)

Inquiring minds want to know... and those entitled to demand answers, will...

OK - I give.  What exactly is a "Union Conference ministry"?  I might have thought of 3ABN as a "Union Conference ministry", but depending on which court they are in front of, they claim to be non-denominational.  Or, are you suggesting that a Union office of the denomination was involved in something illegal?  I'm confused.

My apologies  if that sounds confusing. I orginally included the name of the conference to identify the location but then decided to edit and remove tt. I simply mean a ministry within one of the Seventh-day Adventist conferences.

To further explain, I did not mention whether the individual donor does or does not work for that conference, or in a union office. It is not my intention to ID the individual or ministry here, as Pickle and Joy know who it is, and the name and location of the ministry.

Insiders have stated this individual who gave the money to Pickle and Joy did not want their name involved and wanted to claim the amount donated. So they sent the money to a ministry instead and that ministry gave them a reciept which could be used as a deduction. Then the ministry sent the donation to Pickle and Joy.

With your background, training and experience you are far more qualified then I to speak about the ethics and legality of that deal and how state attorney generals or the IRS might view that.

My only question about this was to Pickle and Joy who accepted the money.

Actually, I was recruited to assist that same ministry...by that same "insider".  But after my experience at 3ABN, I opted out.  However, I know exactly what you are referring to.  So if you aren't out to smear both the ministry and the "insider", you might want to re-evaluate anything further you have to say on it publically.

P.S.  But thanks for your post, as you have just substantiated the role that "insider" once played!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:37:52 AM by Snoopy »

Stan

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »

re
>>>Union Conference ministry

3ABN is not a Union Conference ministry, it is not a Seventh-day Adventist Ministry, it is not connected with the Adventist Church in any way.

It is an organization that is sponsored in the most part, by people who are adventists or lean that way.

It is not accountable to any conference, union, division or the GC.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »

Sir Myzing,

I know nothing about the identity of any such donor, and have never accepted any legitimate or illegitimate donation from any non-profit organization that I can think of since this saga began.

So while you picked a name that condemns evil surmising, you in fact repeatedly surmise evil, even when there is no basis to do so.

If the IRS has any questions, they are certainly free to contact me and inquire.

But deal with the topic you yourself zeroed in on: Did 3ABN give donations to governmental entities during their property tax case, and did they give similar donations before and after that tax case which would show that the donations during the tax case were not unusual?

Stan

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 08:52:52 AM »

am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, I believe that in the USA you can gift someone up to $11,000 per year without any tax involvement or reporting of income at all.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »

It is something like that, Stan. You are correct.

What Sir Myzing was suggesting was that someone got an illegal tax deduction by contributing money through a non-profit. That would be a different thing than a simple gift.

It's just more of the same: Smear tactics to distract.

Stan

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »

Thanks Bob

Am I understanding this right, that this saga is over? 

Any new ministry plans for the future?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 10:16:37 AM »

No, unfortunately, the saga is not over. The appeal process is not over.

As it is now, though I think we still occupy the high ground, we could still be harassed for quite some time to come. I have had no sure indication from 3ABN or Danny Shelton or their unscrupulous counselor that they will not continue to use the legal system to harass us.

But that doesn't mean I'm sitting around waiting until it's over before pursuing plans for ministry.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »

and for a fact Stan ole boy, I have found that some of the most evil intelligence to continually harass somebody out of what they have in fact or property comes from the best of the high up by no doubt positions that they have by being so clever.

I know exactly those kind of people in SDA that we had to swallow because of our faith and paid with blood, sweat and life. But as the years rolled by, we watched how they were visited sooner or later with catastrophe.  The Lord finally visits you.

You can fight this how ever long to cover, protect or whatever but you can't take away what is obvious to see. and it is truly the biggest mess of so called Adventists that I could imajine especially in our case too. But we live with the wheat and the tares and someday justice will be served. Maybe sooner then you think.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »

Stan,

Is 3ABN listed anywhere in your Conference Directory?

It is listed in our Conference Directory.

re
>>>Union Conference ministry

3ABN is not a Union Conference ministry, it is not a Seventh-day Adventist Ministry, it is not connected with the Adventist Church in any way.

It is an organization that is sponsored in the most part, by people who are adventists or lean that way.

It is not accountable to any conference, union, division or the GC.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »

The question as to where 3ABN is listed in Conference Directories is important.  Some Conferences have listed 3ABN in their "Miscellaneous Organizations" section.  This sections has listings for  denominational organizations, such as Adventist Media Center, Andrews University and Adventist Information Minstry and others.  However, it typically includes organizations such as:  Eden Valley Institute, Lincoln SDA Credit Union and Filoha Meadows as well as others.

So, a listing in a Conference Directory has some significance.  But, that should not be over valued and does not give credence to the idea that an organization is denominational.  It may not be.  It may be independent.

Stan

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 08:04:38 PM »

Yes we do have 3ABN listed, others like Amazing Discoveries will not be.

Johann

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 01:13:38 AM »

Yes we do have 3ABN listed, others like Amazing Discoveries will not be.

Why?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 02:07:35 AM »

It is totally the call of the Conference.  There is no over-riding authority to tell a Conference what/how to list in their Directory.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »

In the Maritime Conference Directory, they are listed under Adventist Organizations & Supportive Ministries.

Johann

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 03:43:34 PM »

In the Maritime Conference Directory, they are listed under Adventist Organizations & Supportive Ministries.

All ASI members are supposed to be supportive ministries.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up