Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN sued over child molestation!  (Read 112548 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN sued over child molestation!
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »

My personal opinion is that Alex has retained competent attornies who know very well what they need to  do.

I do not believed that the lawsuit will be dismissed.

If the Court should order a change in venue, I would consider that to be a minor obstacle that would not handicap the plaintiffs in a major way.

i have just listened to an hour long interview with a prominent mature woman and the mother of two daughters. She has just written a book about her experiences which I mean to get hold of very soon.

This woman was the oldest daughter of a bishop in the Lutheran Church and a great youth leader and very popular. It was not until her father was an old man some dormant memories came to life in this woman who has been a prominent teacher. Suddenly she realizes that her own father has transgressed against her from she was about 5 until she was 16. It was at 16 she suddenly realized that she had the power to chase her drunk father out of her room, and yet her father had brainwashed her to believe that she must never tell anyone what was going on between them, or something terrible would happen to her.  So she dismissed it from her memory.

Years later she agreed to accompany her mature parents on a tour through Canada and the United States when her father yields his demonic force on her once more. Then she starts waking up, also when other women complain to the church what the bishop had done to them from the time he was a young pastor.

When I listened to the story I heard again the story of Danny Shelton, of Tommy Shelton, of Alex, and of Linda Shelton.

Several things from the story of Mrs. Gudrun Ebba sounded almost verbally as if they were taken from posts on that other site where they are defending the actions of Danny and Tommy. People used very similar arguments as documentation that the bishop was innocent.

At an early stage the bishop had called his daughter's friends, and even authorities, warning them that his daughter might have problems giving a true rendering of events she had experienced.

The bishop was an old man when his daughter finally had the courage confronting him with his deeds. He took it all with great smiles asking her not to bring up her biased version of old family grievances.

She did not attend his funeral. . .

This is just from my memory as I heard her telling it. I will get hold of her book which has just been released.

So people have similar responses to protect themselves when they have transgressed.

That was an amazing story, Johann.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Nosir Myzing

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:36:08 PM by Nosir Myzing »

Johann

« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »

FYI

Child sexual abuse has been reported up to 80,000 times a year, but the number of unreported instances is far greater, because the children are afraid to tell anyone what has happened, and the legal procedure for validating an episode is difficult. The problem should be identified, the abuse stopped, and the child should receive professional help. The long-term emotional and psychological damage of sexual abuse can be devastating to the child. http://aacap.org/page.ww?name=Child+Sexual+Abuse&section=Facts+for+Families

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »

I take it that the examples of false accusations of child molestation posted above are offered in light of the Tommy Shelton situation.

However, I'm not sure what relevance those stories have to the accusations Tommy Shelton is facing since he has already admitted to his actions.   

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2011, 02:07:59 AM »

Here is what Wickipedia has to say about false accusations of child molestation:

A false allegation of child sexual abuse is an accusation that a person committed one or more acts of child sexual abuse when in reality there was no perpetration of abuse by the accused person as alleged. Such accusations can be brought by the alleged victim , or by another person on the alleged victim's behalf. Studies of child abuse allegations suggest that the overall rate of false accusation is under 10%, as approximated based on multiple studies.[1][2][3][4]

Of the allegations determined to be false, only a small portion originated with the child, the studies showed; most false allegations originated with an adult bringing the accusations on behalf of a child, and of those, a large majority occurred in the context of divorce and child-custody battles.[1][5] They may also have occurred when someone was getting back at someone else, if they get rejected for a promotion (for example) or to cover up an affair in cultures that frown on extramarital sex.

. . .

Types of false allegations

When there is insufficient supporting evidence to determine whether an accusation is true or false, it is described as "unsubstantiated" or "unfounded".

Accusations that are determined to be false based on corroborating evidence can be divided into three categories:

An allegation that is completely false in that the events that were alleged did not occur; It could be done to get back at a teacher or employer who denied them a grade for coursework, a pay raise or promotion. It could also be done for the purposes of extortion or blackmail.

An allegation that describes events that did occur, but were perpetrated by an individual who is not accused, and in which the accused person is innocent. When a child makes this type of allegation it is termed "perpetrator substitution";

An allegation that is partially true and partially false, in that it mixes descriptions of events that actually happened with other events that did not occur.

NOTE:  The statement that less than 10% are false is accurate.  One would expect that there would be false alligations.  That is what happens in the world in which we live.  Alligations are never 100% true in all cases.  It is important that every allligtion be carefully investigated to determine whether it is true or false, in whole or in part.   But, the per-cent of problematic alligations is small.

Johann

« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2011, 03:05:21 AM »

I take it that the examples of false accusations of child molestation posted above are offered in light of the Tommy Shelton situation.

However, I'm not sure what relevance those stories have to the accusations Tommy Shelton is facing since he has already admitted to his actions.   

People in the defence are often blind to certain details.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2011, 04:34:41 AM »

Not only did Tommy admit to molesting Alex, but in a public courtroom and in front of the judge and members of the public, Tommy Ray Shelton tried to convince the judge that he was remorseful for molesting Alex.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »

Well that sure sounds like an admission of guilt!

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »

Not only did Tommy admit to molesting Alex, but in a public courtroom and in front of the judge and members of the public, Tommy Ray Shelton tried to convince the judge that he was remorseful for molesting Alex.

I do believe there is news articles that prove this too, for those who want to assume we all are liars.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

vestedinterest

« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »

FYI for readers-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_allegation_of_child_sexual_abuse

And another amazing story - this one from Fairfax county Virginia...

http://volokh.com/category/criminallaw/crime-victims-rights/false-accusations/

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/577501.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-life-shaken-by-false-allegations/2011/05/08/AF41Bj3G_gallery.html#photo=1
What is your point here, Nosir? If you believe you are enlightening the readers to the fact that sometimes people are falsely accused (yes, and convicted) of crimes they did not commit, most people know that already. If it has direct application to the Tommy Shelton case, I don't get it.Can you connect the dots for me?

Johann

« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Alex L. Walker

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2011, 05:24:56 AM »

FYI

Child sexual abuse has been reported up to 80,000 times a year, but the number of unreported instances is far greater, because the children are afraid to tell anyone what has happened, and the legal procedure for validating an episode is difficult. The problem should be identified, the abuse stopped, and the child should receive professional help. The long-term emotional and psychological damage of sexual abuse can be devastating to the child. http://aacap.org/page.ww?name=Child+Sexual+Abuse&section=Facts+for+Families
The child should receive their help, if needed, from someone who has actually been sexually abused. Someone who has just read about it or heard lectures needs to stay out of it. They don't know what they're talking about.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »

I agree.  So often when, as with most recent cases, the issue is that the perpetrator is denying or just lying about th abuse, the child does not get the help needed, especially in religious circles. The family is convinced to go on as if nothing has happened.  On top of that, these days there are mandated reporters such as doctors, teachers, preachers, even foster parents(from experience I know this).  the child is basically victimze over again by not getting proper help.

Duane, I know it is difficult to believe but there are experienced caring, capable, and godly counselors who can help in this area.  I have met a few being a foster parent. 

FYI

The child should receive their help, if needed, from someone who has actually been sexually abused. Someone who has just read about it or heard lectures needs to stay out of it. They don't know what they're talking about.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up