Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather Patterns in the U.S.  (Read 4201 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Weather Patterns in the U.S.
« on: January 27, 2012, 01:13:25 AM »

Answers To Quiz:

1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends: Boxing.

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward: Niagara Falls ... The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.

3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons: Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside: Strawberry.

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

6. Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, dwell and dwindle...

7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8.. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh: Lettuce.

9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S': Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Weather Patterns in the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 06:38:50 AM »

I got 6 right.  But I sure don't know everything!

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:29:44 AM »

You did better than me.

Johann

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 07:56:38 AM »

I agreed with all nine answers - when I saw them!

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 01:55:33 AM »

Answers To Quiz:

1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends: Boxing.

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward: Niagara Falls ... The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.

3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons: Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside: Strawberry.

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

6. Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, dwell and dwindle...

7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8.. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh: Lettuce.

9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S': Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

#4. Not quite just strawberries. The cashew grows with its seed on the outside. I know this because as a kid my parents grew cashews.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:19:28 AM »

Agree.  I once lived in Panama and you are correct.

childoftheking

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »

We have grown onions that not only had bulblets at the top of their leaves which could be planted to produce a crop, they also multiplied underground much as a daffodil or tulip bulbs do year after year. We could go out in the winter or any time of the year and dig up onions. Though they became tough and woody at certain times then they would become tender and tasty again. As I recall they were called multiplier onions. I think garlic is also a perennial. I would call them vegetables but perhaps some would not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up