Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are we ignoring the Women's Ordination Issue for a Reason  (Read 233865 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Are we ignoring the Women's Ordination Issue for a Reason
« Reply #585 on: July 20, 2012, 07:10:48 PM »

Ariste said:
Well, we are thankful that you have all knowledge, Gregory.

I  acknowledge your sarcasm.

You have been provided references to official SDA statements that the denomination recognizes females ordained in China.  You have every right to argue against those if you wish.  Instead of dealing with facts you chose to attack me with sarcasm and more.  That is not the way to win an argument.  If that is the best you can do you show to the world the weakenss of your position.

:goodpost:

Gregory, you are not the only one she attacks.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #586 on: July 20, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »

Ariste said:
Well, we are thankful that you have all knowledge, Gregory.

I  acknowledge your sarcasm.

You have been provided references to official SDA statements that the denomination recognizes females ordained in China.  You have every right to argue against those if you wish.  Instead of dealing with facts you chose to attack me with sarcasm and more.  That is not the way to win an argument.  If that is the best you can do you show to the world the weakenss of your position.

:goodpost:

Gregory, you are not the only one she attacks.

The whole concept of China beliefs is wrong as most Americans have learned through history and gov, trial and consumers, their antics and its also wrong for Adventist condoning 3abn antics. They are industrious almost for free to gain a penny in determination to gain a quarter out of a child or trickery bad consumer products as a majority. Some of it good and some of it bad. and your telling us they are right? This is a joke of course.  They have no right to change or defile what God gave in inspiration and to a new country of freedom. They Gregory are not a free country. Gregory you just have not read where not many Adventist in the end will stand firm or enter the gates as they give up their foundation. Trouble is you do not display foundations but a tight rope walker and Ive hinted from the very beginning your slip sliding back and forth justifications. You yourself admitted at one time you were not sure of things and I can tell you ..you still are not or you would not show your "wares" in this manner.  You as Johann look for any tidbit of off the wall writers of every wind to prove a point and therefore the devils advocate. Its the tool of the devil and plain enough to read the applications you use against the Scripture and SP. Satan argued back to Jesus in same manner using twisted disbelief and presumption of scriptures and if you are the G. Mathews that was on the talk show that 3abn run for a while I would just shut it off as I watched the same "trained " way of dealing with audience to please both sides.  I may be wrong on who you are or got the name wrong but  it's still the same ole tactic used on here... The old countries of firsthand knowledge gave up their firsthand beliefs to Buddha and other Gods and now will have to get it back in troublesome times using their mixed unscriptural cultural beliefs and the message is now given loud and clear to a new free country. It's just that simple. and now you condone their cultural beliefs trying to get what America leads in because they chose to be one nation under God????. That is one thing most races in America are in unity on "One God in Heaven" although the progresses of Satan are gaining their foothold even on these posts.  HO Hum.  :ROFL: I already know what your comeback of justifications will be so save it.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #587 on: July 21, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »

For more information on the subject, you can see Shane Hilde's new website "Christ or culture". 

http://christorculture.com

His petition to the leadership of the Pacific Union Conference to limit ordination to men has about a 1,000 signatures so far.   

Last time I looked at a website asking people to sign in support of the Pacific Union Conference in ordaining pastors without regard to gender, had about 2,000 signatures.

The signatures on the petition to oppose women's ordination in the Pacific Union Conference are now above 4,000.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #588 on: July 21, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

ONE IN CHRIST

Check this site and sign the petition - if you agree that we are ONE IN CHRIST

http://www.one-in-christ.com/petition/

It is such an encouragement to read some of the comments a number of those signing have written. Expressions of love and faith and gratitude - and HOPE. That is what we experience when we know we are following the Lord.

Close to 2.000 have signed this petition by now. In comparison less than 500 have signed the petition against the ordination of women.

Seventh-day Adventists understand the importance of following the Lord's will and honor the example of the Lord's appointed witness, Ellen G White.

There are only 1,900+ signatures on the "One in Christ" site petition in favor of women's ordination versus the over 4,000 signatures against it on the christorculture.com, a large percentage of them being women.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #589 on: July 21, 2012, 07:43:16 PM »

To set the record straight, I have never been on a 3-ABN program.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

Johann

« Reply #591 on: July 24, 2012, 04:38:00 AM »

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
For Immediate Release
July 23, 2012

Columbia Union Leaders Call for Day of Prayer

On Sunday, July 29, the Columbia Union Conference will convene a special constituency meeting to consider a request from the union executive committee to approve ministerial ordination without regard to gender.

In anticipation of that meeting, union president Dave Weigley is asking church members unionwide to set aside Sabbath, July 28, as a day of prayer.

“Since our announcement about the session, many people have been talking and praying about it, emailing me, commenting on our website and calling our office,” Weigley says. “The officers and I have been praying throughout this process, and before we convene this special meeting, we want to solicit the prayers of our unionwide family. Please pray with us for God's Spirit to guide, His will to prevail, and that we as His people will heed His voice.”

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »

The Christ or Culture petition against women's ordination now has almost 4,500 signatures.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #593 on: September 15, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »

The Christ or Culture petition against women's ordination now has almost 4,500 signatures.
Just noticed this.

Where did you obtain this information, and is there an update?

AVoiceInTheWilderness

« Reply #594 on: September 15, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »

Just noticed this.

Where did you obtain this information, and is there an update?

8000+ signatures. http://christorculture.com/petition/

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #595 on: September 15, 2012, 07:42:31 PM »

Does not matter if it was 50,000...they are NOT LISTENING.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

AVoiceInTheWilderness

« Reply #596 on: September 15, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Nor will they. "His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber... they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way." Is 56:10

We know that entire conferences will go out in darkness. We are on the verge of seeing that fulfilled.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:16:28 PM by AVoiceInTheWilderness »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #597 on: October 06, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »

I believe that we have moved WELL PAST THE VERGE!!! We are there and history is clearly calling us to Repent and Be Baptized in preparation for the final events in earth's history!!!

This should be our message.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Nor will they. "His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber... they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way." Is 56:10

We know that entire conferences will go out in darkness. We are on the verge of seeing that fulfilled.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]   Go Up