Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I've been subpoenaed!!!!!  (Read 25085 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: I've been subpoenaed!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 07:57:41 AM »

He certainly wasn't successful in May 2011 in finding language in the dismissal and/or confidentiality orders that would require the return of documents.

Let us not forget that in Oct. 2008 Gregory Simpson lied to me, and he has never to this day been man enough to apologize. It would seem, therefore, that it is a violation of Seventh-day Adventist principles and standards for 3ABN to hire Simpson to represent it.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:28 AM »

Someone not man enough to apologize for something they've done? Gee, I wonder what that's like.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
How my deposition went
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 09:14:36 PM »

As I have time I'll post how my deposition went on Friday.

It was to start at noon 92+ miles from here, and Simpson assured me that we should be done well before 6 PM. We got done at maybe 5:45 PM.

The name of the game is to discredit the witness, I think. And I did trip up. I made a mistake in something I said. But I'll share about that later.

I was commanded to bring with me all emails, postings, and other communications with Glenn Dryden, Alex Walker, and Adam McReynolds. So I brought 1300+ postings, 150+ emails, and roughly 10 PM's. I also brought my subpoena of Dryden, and everything I got from Dunn Loring and Dryden in response to that subpoena, except for Tommy's piano concert video. You know, the black Young Chang 7' grand piano Tommy had picked out for the 3ABN set, which 3ABN sold around 1998 to Tommy for just $2,000.

I brought all these materials to the deposition on a CD. Simpson was expecting me to bring paper, but I wasn't told to do so. Under such circumstances I was required by the rules to bring this sort of electronically stored information in the same format it is normally stored in, or in a reasonably usable format. So the emails were in mbox format, the postings and PM's were in a MySQL dump, and the rest was in PDF or MP3.

But Simpson and Garvey weren't prepared for that.

Garvey had a laptop which could read the CD. He had the root directory opened, and at some point I had to find an email from June 5, 2007, which they wanted me to show them, the first contact we had from Alex. At that point they discovered that we needed an email program to read the file. What we ended up doing instead was opening the 28MB file in MS Notepad, and I searched for "You guys" in order to find the email they wanted.

So we were able to proceed in that fashion for a bit, but then Simpson asked me to find the next email after December 10, 2007. I told him there was no way. I would have to check every date header for every email in that file before determining which email was the next one. An email program could do it instantly, but trying to do it manually like that in Notepad just wouldn't work.

I think that was when Simpson decided to take a look at the file to see what he could do, and I ran out to the car to move it a second time. It was in a two-hour parking zone, and it was way past time for lunch anyway, so I brought my lunch back in. I had thought that maybe I would get a chance to eat when I first arrived, while they were looking through the 1500 or so documents, but that wasn't how things worked. (If I had produced the documents on paper, how long would it have taken them to read all those?)

Coming back in I handed Simpson the present I had brought: a rather large cucumber from the garden, something to remember me by. It brought some smiles, which was a good thing, since really this deposition didn't go very well for 3ABN et. al. from what I could tell.

We gave up, I think, at that point trying to manually find emails in Notepad, and proceeded to something else.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 04:18:28 AM »

Interesting about the format of all those materials. Also that Simpson couldn't deal with it. And very funny about the cucumber!

So 3ABN didn't fare too well in the deposition?  Can you explain more?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
My mistake at my deposition
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 04:38:07 AM »

Interesting about the format of all those materials. Also that Simpson couldn't deal with it. And very funny about the cucumber!

Yes, I'll explain more. But I should first explain the mistake I made at the deposition. It has to do with the cucumber.

In college I worked for a quarter in the ag department. They had some greenhouses where they grew tomatoes. The tomato plants got cancer pretty bad, or so it seemed, as some sort of fungus devastated them. So they cleaned out the greenhouses and planted a type of cucumber that was long and thin, and was shrunk wrapped in plastic rather than waxed in preparation for market. They made a lot of money on them, but it was hard work for them to keep up with the production.

The cucumbers my sons are growing look the same as I remember. They said they were Asian cucumbers. There's something special about them. So when I gave the cuke to Simpson I told him that I thought they were seedless.

Imagine my horror at potluck Sabbath to see some of these cucumbers getting sliced, and to see seeds in them. Ugh! I got it wrong, and the name of the game at depositions is to find a basis to call into question the veracity of the witness. I sent Simpson an apology yesterday.

I can imagine getting asked in court if Alex's case goes to trial:

"Mr. Pickle, did you give Mr. Simpson anything at your deposition?"

"Lots of documents."

"Anything else?"

"A letter."

"Anything else?"

"I gave him a cucumber."

"What did you tell him about the cucumber?"

"I told him I thought it was seedless."

"Was it seedless?"

"No."

"There you have it, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. This witness doesn't know what he is talking about."

This line of reasoning could be called the cucumber defense. But I doubt it would be convincing, and I doubt any competent attorney would use it. So I think I'm safe on that one.

If it did actually get used, it might even become known as the kookumber defense.

As we parted, I told Simpson, "If there is anything wrong with that cucumber, please don't sue me."

It was a little more filled out than when most get picked, so I hope it was still fine. The yellow submarine variety, they can get huge and still be good, with one cuke seeming to fill an entire canning jar, but I don't know what these Asian ones are like when they fill out more.

More to come ....

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »

Will you be able to add any documents to www.3ABNvjoy.com soon? 

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »

:ROFL:

Yes, I'll explain more. But I should first explain the mistake I made at the deposition. It has to do with the cucumber.

In college I worked for a quarter in the ag department. They had some greenhouses where they grew tomatoes. The tomato plants got cancer pretty bad, or so it seemed, as some sort of fungus devastated them. So they cleaned out the greenhouses and planted a type of cucumber that was long and thin, and was shrunk wrapped in plastic rather than waxed in preparation for market. They made a lot of money on them, but it was hard work for them to keep up with the production.

The cucumbers my sons are growing look the same as I remember. They said they were Asian cucumbers. There's something special about them. So when I gave the cuke to Simpson I told him that I thought they were seedless.

Imagine my horror at potluck Sabbath to see some of these cucumbers getting sliced, and to see seeds in them. Ugh! I got it wrong, and the name of the game at depositions is to find a basis to call into question the veracity of the witness. I sent Simpson an apology yesterday.

I can imagine getting asked in court if Alex's case goes to trial:

"Mr. Pickle, did you give Mr. Simpson anything at your deposition?"

"Lots of documents."

"Anything else?"

"A letter."

"Anything else?"

"I gave him a cucumber."

"What did you tell him about the cucumber?"

"I told him I thought it was seedless."

"Was it seedless?"

"No."

"There you have it, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. This witness doesn't know what he is talking about."

This line of reasoning could be called the cucumber defense. But I doubt it would be convincing, and I doubt any competent attorney would use it. So I think I'm safe on that one.

If it did actually get used, it might even become known as the kookumber defense.

As we parted, I told Simpson, "If there is anything wrong with that cucumber, please don't sue me."

It was a little more filled out than when most get picked, so I hope it was still fine. The yellow submarine variety, they can get huge and still be good, with one cuke seeming to fill an entire canning jar, but I don't know what these Asian ones are like when they fill out more.

More to come ....

:ROFL:

That is so funny about the cucumber defence!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 03:04:30 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. Pickle!!! I envy you, I am sure my time will come ...and may the investigation continue until the very last pedophile and sexual predator and those who cover up these greivous offenses at 3ABN has been fully exposed and face justice. If they are at all smart, they would learn from the clear example set at Pen State before their legacies are vaporized in the anals of infamy!!!

As another sports legend so aptly put it..."It ain't over, til it is over!!!"

It is too bad they do not have a statue or two to tear down!!! Or did they?

Remember how they wiped out Linda's name from every film in the library, or destroyed the masters? What goes around, most certainly must come around!!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:08:08 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »

Will you be able to add any documents to www.3ABNvjoy.com soon?

We shall see. Thus far that site has been for actual court documents. As of last Friday I don't think there was anything new filed.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: My mistake at my deposition
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »

Mr. Simpson has informed me that he doesn't mind eating cucumbers with seeds. It appears to be quite the joke around his office. He'll let me know if it is too tough.

I wrote something similar to the above in my apology, and he has informed me that he understands the above to be a concession that he is competent, for which he thanked me.

I take it from his thanks that he will not try using the cucumber defense at trial. But you never know. Danny may get desperate and tell him he has to.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »

Let's see, there is so much to tell. Which comes first?

Okay, since Gailon is calling for repentance, here's one. What their game plan was was to show that I was trying to destroy 3ABN. But I made it crystal clear that we chose the domain name Save3ABN.com in order to counter Danny's spin that anyone who has concerns is out to destroy 3ABN.

So what was the solution to save 3ABN? Get rid of Danny? A lot of people think so, I said, but that's not the only solution.

What's another solution? Conversion, I said.

What does that mean? Simpson asked. So I quoted 1 Jn. 1:9, referred to the New Covenant promise either then or at another time about writing the 10 Commandments in the heart and mind, mentioned the 7th, 8th, and 9th commandments in particular, and explained it sort of like you might when you're having an alter call, though rather short. You know, I said something like Danny needed to bow at the foot of the cross and let Jesus wash away his sins, but I can't remember the exact words.

Read that to a jury, and I doubt they're going to think that I'm just out to destroy Danny Shelton.

A lot of things kind of backfired like that. But this is just scratching the surface of what happened at that deposition.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »

Mr. Simpson has informed me that he doesn't mind eating cucumbers with seeds. It appears to be quite the joke around his office. He'll let me know if it is too tough.

I wrote something similar to the above in my apology, and he has informed me that he understands the above to be a concession that he is competent, for which he thanked me.

I take it from his thanks that he will not try using the cucumber defense at trial. But you never know. Danny may get desperate and tell him he has to.

That's nice Mr. Simpson is able to respond to humor.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »

Let's see, there is so much to tell. Which comes first?

Okay, since Gailon is calling for repentance, here's one. What their game plan was was to show that I was trying to destroy 3ABN. But I made it crystal clear that we chose the domain name Save3ABN.com in order to counter Danny's spin that anyone who has concerns is out to destroy 3ABN.

So what was the solution to save 3ABN? Get rid of Danny? A lot of people think so, I said, but that's not the only solution.

What's another solution? Conversion, I said.

What does that mean? Simpson asked. So I quoted 1 Jn. 1:9, referred to the New Covenant promise either then or at another time about writing the 10 Commandments in the heart and mind, mentioned the 7th, 8th, and 9th commandments in particular, and explained it sort of like you might when you're having an alter call, though rather short. You know, I said something like Danny needed to bow at the foot of the cross and let Jesus wash away his sins, but I can't remember the exact words.

Read that to a jury, and I doubt they're going to think that I'm just out to destroy Danny Shelton.

A lot of things kind of backfired like that. But this is just scratching the surface of what happened at that deposition.

That probably wasn't something that an attorney was expecting to hear at a deposition.  Maybe you would also get points for being original.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
The first question or so at my deposition
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 04:14:29 AM »

Original? There were some things that were probably unique, yes.

Here's how the first or one of the first questions went.

"Q. My name is Greg Simpson, and I represent Three Angels Broadcasting network in this lawsuit. Do you understand that?

"A. No."

Based on how that answer seemed to surprise Simpson, I think it possible that he hadn't had that sort of answer to that sort of question before.

He wanted me to explain what I meant, so I did. And it seemed to me that after my explanation he had sort of tensed up. It was the only time during the whole deposition that anyone seemed less than even keeled.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »

Original? There were some things that were probably unique, yes.

Here's how the first or one of the first questions went.

"Q. My name is Greg Simpson, and I represent Three Angels Broadcasting network in this lawsuit. Do you understand that?

"A. No."

Based on how that answer seemed to surprise Simpson, I think it possible that he hadn't had that sort of answer to that sort of question before.

He wanted me to explain what I meant, so I did. And it seemed to me that after my explanation he had sort of tensed up. It was the only time during the whole deposition that anyone seemed less than even keeled.

I take it that you were explaining -- well, what, exactly?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up