Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ken Denslow, Assistant to the NAD President  (Read 15851 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Ken Denslow, Assistant to the NAD President
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:05:47 PM »

From the website of "the One project - Celebrating the supremacy of Jesus in the Seventh-day Adventist Church", of which Ken Denslow is listed as a board member:

Ken Denslow is Assistant to the President of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. Previously, he served as president of the Illinois Conference, a position he held for over nine years. Ken is a fifth generation Adventist on both his father's and mother's sides of the family. He is fond of saying, though, that he is a first generation Christian because every new generation has to have a fresh start in deciding for themselves if they will follow Jesus.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Ken Denslow, Assistant to the NAD President
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »

Previously, he served as president of the Illinois Conference, a position he held for over nine years.

There has been discussion in the past concerning Ken Denslow's position on the 3ABN board as President of the Illinois Conference.

Did he incur liability for the Illinois Conference or the GC by being on that board and participating in certain actions (or lack thereof)?

Was he then put in the position of Assistant to the Presient of the North American Division, Elder Dan Jackson, to protect him or contain his actions?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »

But perhaps this is not a problem in the eyes of church leadership, since Dan Jackson recently appeared at a New York camp meeting with Danny Shelton, Yvonne Lewis, and some other 3ABN people, effectively endorsing them.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:27:08 PM »

I believe that Ken served on the 3-ABN Board with the full support of SDA leadership.  I will suggest that anyone who thinks otherwise simply does not understand how the denomination functions.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »

I believe that Ken served on the 3-ABN Board with the full support of SDA leadership.  I will suggest that anyone who thinks otherwise simply does not understand how the denomination functions.

And what does that say about SDA leadership?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »

And what does that say about SDA leadership?

(Other than that they want to preserve their opportunities for media exposure...TV time...)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 06:22:45 AM »

Being on a board also gives one an opportunity to help influence outcomes. I think when you're talking about a rogue ministry like 3ABN, some leaders would want to influence outcomes in order to bring the rogue ministry back into line with Seventh-day Adventist principles and standards.

But whether Ken Denslow voted for or against the retaliatory lawsuit against Gailon and myself, I do not know. I would hope not. Suing someone because they blew the whistle against Danny Shelton's cover up of his pedophile brother Tommy Shelton who is now serving time would be a most ungodly thing to do. I would hope Elder Denslow voted against it.

Johann

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 07:45:49 AM »

Back in 2003 when I met with the Board of 3ABN there were also two retired Church officers on the board, Owen Troy, former Communications Director of NAD and then G. Ralph Thompson, retired General Secretary of the GC. I had formerly worked with Owen Troy in West Africa, and  G.Ralph Thompson and I had been schoolmates. Shortly after the divorce case came before the board, G. Ralph Thompson resigned after I had sent him my personal account of what happened, and how manipulated Danny's accounts were, and I appealed to him to do what was right. I still have no idea what made him resign.

I should add that I tried to give an account to other Board members  through Owen Troy, but was told he did not care what really happened. They would leave the matter to Nick Miller, their lawyer, and his job would just be to preserve 3ABN, regardless of what happened, because the continued function of 3ABN was what meant the most to the Seventh-day Adventist Church. I suppose this is how some church leaders felt as well, and explains why a Vice President of the General Conference indicated to Linda Shelton that she would just have to be sacrificed on the altar for the benefit of the Church.

It appeared to me then that 3ABN tried to have as many SDA Church officers on the Board as possible in order to maintain a connection with the Church.

According to the constitution of 3ABN, as I read it, the president of the Illinois Conference was a member of the Board, whoever was serving as a president. So Ken Denslow would no longer be a member of the 3ABN board when he quit as a president of the Illinois Conference.

I suppose it could be debated what personal responsibility the president of the Illinois Conference has after he leaves, or if it is the Illinois Conference which carries a liability since they have accepted that their president is always a member of the 3ABN Board?

I understand that 3ABN has tried to make the president of the Lake Union a member of their board as well, but I do not know the present situation. He was not a board member while I was there.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:16:33 AM by Johann »

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 08:20:59 AM »

I am personally quainted with a denominational leader who resigned from the 3-ABN Board because he disagreed with a position that the Board had taken.

He became a strong supporter of me in my defense of Linda and he served to protect me from criticism for supporting her.

To protect his privacy  I will neither identify him nor the issue that caused him to resign from the Board.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »

It appeared to me then that 3ABN tried to have as many SDA Church officers on the Board as possible in order to maintain a connection with the Church.

That's interesting the church was maintaining that close contact.

For a while more recently, it seemed that they were trying to distance themselves from 3ABN, but now it seems to have come full circle with NAD President Dan Jackson appearing at the campmeeting with Danny Shelton et al.

So the Sheltons have been rehabbed...  or not...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »

Does anyone have the day and the hour he decided to follow Jesus and not the "annointed one"?

Believe me when I say, HE IS PART OF THE PROBLEM AND NOT THE SOLUTION!!!

He did not follow in the footsteps of  BJ Bjorgenson, who did walk in the footsteps of Christ!!

We still have his number and his intentions have not changed that I can see!!! Jackson chose poorly!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

From the website of "the One project - Celebrating the supremacy of Jesus in the Seventh-day Adventist Church", of which Ken Denslow is listed as a board member:

Ken Denslow is Assistant to the President of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. Previously, he served as president of the Illinois Conference, a position he held for over nine years. Ken is a fifth generation Adventist on both his father's and mother's sides of the family. He is fond of saying, though, that he is a first generation Christian because every new generation has to have a fresh start in deciding for themselves if they will follow Jesus.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 03:26:17 PM »

Are you talking about Ken Denslow as the one who was a poor choice of Dan Jackson?

In what ways is he part of the problem?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »

When a CONFERENCE administrator ignores EVERY WARNING SIGN and ignores the evidence presented, he is an assesory to the cover-up. He is fully aware of the BJ notes taken from Melody...he was made aware of the issues with Tommy Lee Shelton...he was also aware of the issues regarding Linda Shelton and remains a coverer and detractor to this very day. He sees no evil, hears no evil and says no evil, but simply allows evil to flourish!!! It will not end in Washington!!! Unless he has a "come to Jesus moment" at which time we will be glad to hear his confession, his contrition and watch his revival and reformation...lo, we wait for that precious moment, but do not hold our breathes.

He has not apologized to Linda for the pied piper role he played in the Illinois Conference, he has not shown the least interest in seeing justice prevail, he has ignored the evidence against Tommy Lee Shelton while other conference presidents forwarded evidence and demanded action...DENSLOW called for Inaction and allowed the perpetuation of the issues unchecked. We must assume he allowed the use of litigation in an effort to silence the investigation and revelations!!! He certainly did not protest and was clearly present!!!

And do you think that Denslow as Special Assistant to the President will suddenly call for a return to primitive Godliness by the adulterers, the instructors of Macro Evolution, the defilers of the Word of God??? Not without a true call to repentance!!! And who will give that call in Washington??? Listen carefully...very carefully...as you may just miss the "silent" small voice!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »

he has ignored the evidence against Tommy Lee Shelton while other conference presidents forwarded evidence and demanded action...

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Which other conference presidents forwarded evidence and asked for action?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »

THAT IS PRIVELEGED!!! THEY ARE PROTECTED SOURCES!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up