Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: GC President Ted Wilson Opposes Women's Ordination, Supports 3ABN  (Read 17634 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: GC President Ted Wilson Opposes Women's Ordination, Supports 3ABN
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »

Why Danny Shelton is allowed to appear on 3ABN is beyond me!!!

What will it take for the powers that be at 3ABN to finally drop him from being on the air?   That would at least be a good start!

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »

Maybe Ted Wilson has never heard of the many allegations against Danny Shelton and 3ABN?  Is that possible?

Or maybe he figures that problem can wait for now...

In my personal opinon, you are on target.  Also, the litigation has ended.  TS is in prison, but, in a manner that had limited ties to 3-ABN.  The majority of the charges against 3-ABN and Danny were never formally substantiated.

Litigation has ended?

There's not a civil suit against Danny Shelton and 3ABN currently?

Good point. The litigation hasn't ended. And Gregory, a lot of the charges against 3ABN and Danny were indeed formally substantiated. The kickback scheme via Remnant is just one example.

By formally substantiated, do you mean that the financial information regarding the money Danny Shelton made in kickbacks from his books with Remnant has been documented in court filings, or what?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »

Why Danny Shelton is allowed to appear on 3ABN is beyond me!!!

What will it take for the powers that be at 3ABN to finally drop him from being on the air?   That would at least be a good start!

I think the "powers that be" at 3ABN consist of Danny Shelton.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »

Litigation ended:  My point of reference was the major lawsuit that 3-ABN filed and the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court not to issue a Writ.  Yes, I am aware of othre litigation, which I do not believe is of interst to the denomination.  I really do not believe tha any current civil suits against Danny & 3-ABN are of any major interest to denominational officials.

Formally substantiated: My reference was that of court decisions that involved major issues.  E.G.  Neither the courts nor the IRS has publicly ruled on tax issues.

YEs, I know that TS is in prison.  I beleive that in the minds of denominational officials he is somewhat disconnected from 3-ABN, as far as that is concerned.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »

I don't see how Tommy Shelton could be seen as disconnected from 3ABN when 3ABN currently has a lawsuit against it for the cover up of pedophilia committed by Tommy Shelton. 

An Illinois SDA conference president was on the board at that time.  Also, isn't there an SDA school and church on the grounds there?  Or was in the past?  We don't know whether TS molested any boys at the school.

That's like saying that the Sandusky problem was unrelated to Penn State.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »

Ariste:  I understand your position.  I am saying what I think is the thinking of denominational leadership.  I am not defending it.  I am not arguing it. If you do not understand why they might think that way,  I am not here to argue why.  I am simply stating a personal opinion,. which could be correct and it could be wrong.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »

Formally substantiated: My reference was that of court decisions that involved major issues.  E.G.  Neither the courts nor the IRS has publicly ruled on tax issues.

But let's not spin things the Danny Shelton way. Paying the IRS more than $1 million and then saying that the IRS never publicly ruled could deceive folks, especially if folks don't know that the IRS is prohibited by federal statute of even disclosing that someone or some folk connected with 3ABN paid the IRS off.

Have you read the transcript of the hearing from southern Illinois, the one held on October 22, 2008?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 04:10:51 AM »

Bob, my point is that many of the alligations were never formally proven.  As to the IRS, many of the charges that were made were criminal in nautre.  Without criminal prosecution and conviction, they were not formally proven.  Criminal conduct by Danny Shelton was often implied.  Without criminal prosecution and conviction, they were not formally proven.  Yes, I understand that when they were implied, someone might say that they were never alleged.  Mere playing with words in my thinking.

I understand how somw people think.  I watched the ASI TV program yesterday (when I watched it) where the five talked about unity on the issue of female ordination.  My wife listened in the background while she did other stuff and occasionally asked me to explain something.  Later she said to me:  I just do not understand how President Wilson, as conservative as he is, could appear on a program with Danny Shelton.

Others have asked the same question.  In my thinking, the answer to that question is as I stated to Ariste.

I have been formally trained in conflict resolution by an agency of the Federal government.  NOTE: I did not have that training in the early days when I was working with Linda.  In order to be effective, one must understand the thinking and position of the opposing party.   One does not have to agree with it.  One does not have to support it.  But, one needs to understand it.  My comment to Ariste is a very simple statement as to the thinking of denominational leaders.  It is not a complex, fully developed statement of their thinking.

I also think that those who have attacked Daqnny Shelton and 3-ABN have often presented their position in a manner that has served to defeat their cause and sometimes reflected badly on their creditibility.  A recent example of this, which does not related to Danny and 3-ABN is the following:

In another part of this forum there is a thread headline which reads:  "Now CUC allows homosexual pastors!*"  Stated that way the headline is inflamatory.  It attracts attention.  and it, in my thinking is dishonest.  Yes, I know that it contains a "*" which modifies the headline and makes it more honest.  I am well aware that one might argue that the rationale behind the vote of the CUC on female ordination coud logically lead to the ordination of practicing homosexuals., although one might debate that point.  But, the reality is that at this point CUC has not done anything to allow such. Those who have brought the 4-legged dog into this discusion, in my opinion have clearly lost credibility and diminished their intellectual respectability.  Denominational leadership is not going to give much credence to people who make such claims.  In my opinion, if you do not think that is accurate, you do not understand the dynamics that are going on.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:35:11 AM by Gregory »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 06:49:37 PM »

So Danny Shelton is regaining his image of providing the Face of Adventism with the aid of Ted Wilson?

Looks like it!!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 06:46:54 AM »

Bob, my point is that many of the alligations were never formally proven.

And your point is misleading. Suppose you have a minister that was defrocked for adultery, but was never convicted in a court of law of such. May we then trumpet that the allegations against him were never formally proven, even though they were proven?

As to the IRS, many of the charges that were made were criminal in nautre.  Without criminal prosecution and conviction, they were not formally proven.  Criminal conduct by Danny Shelton was often implied.  Without criminal prosecution and conviction, they were not formally proven.

Again, you are being misleading. In what way was the 1998 house deal never proven? Remember, Greg Simpson admitted to me that the IRS investigation never went back that far. But it was proven, over and over again, and was proven in a court of law. In an elaborate scheme, Danny and Linda bought a house from 3ABN for $6,139 and sold it one week later for $135,000 to a 3ABN supporter, all to build up equity for retirement. And then Danny in 2002 testified under oath that he didn't get retirement benefits. Was that not perjury?

My wife listened in the background while she did other stuff and occasionally asked me to explain something.  Later she said to me:  I just do not understand how President Wilson, as conservative as he is, could appear on a program with Danny Shelton.

I agree. It makes no sense. What about Ted Wilson's calls for revival and reformation?

In another part of this forum there is a thread headline which reads:  "Now CUC allows homosexual pastors!*"  Stated that way the headline is inflamatory.  It attracts attention.  and it, in my thinking is dishonest.  Yes, I know that it contains a "*" which modifies the headline and makes it more honest.  I am well aware that one might argue that the rationale behind the vote of the CUC on female ordination coud logically lead to the ordination of practicing homosexuals., although one might debate that point.  But, the reality is that at this point CUC has not done anything to allow such.

The CUC precedent allows for any union to do whatever they want to unilaterally. Thus the CUC precedent, in voting the unbiblical practice of ordaining women as gospel ministers, opens the door for the unbiblical ordination of practicing homosexuals.

Those who have brought the 4-legged dog into this discusion, in my opinion have clearly lost credibility and diminished their intellectual respectability.  Denominational leadership is not going to give much credence to people who make such claims.

Denominational leadership has to address this very important issue that was spotlighted by C. Raymond Holmes many years ago. To refuse to do so is irresponsible and divisive.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »

Bob, I am not going to get into a long argumentative discussion with you on this.  You have lyour opinion.

Ihave given myk opinon as to the opinon of denomlinational leaders.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »

Bob, I am not going to get into a long argumentative discussion with you on this.  You have lyour opinion.

Ihave given myk opinon as to the opinon of denomlinational leaders.

Gregory, if you really think that that is the opinion of denominational leaders, then you could always try to explain to them how they are wrong.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 06:13:36 PM »

I will respectfully disagree with this assessment...the very first step would be to call a special meeting of the entire General Conference Executive Committee. No such thing pending and I would suggest GC does not see this as a critical issue!!! Three Unions in clear open rebellion and it is not important enough to call a special meeting?

That is just fine as the redirection of tithe is helping conservative independent ministries build their coffers!!! Maybe they will lead revival and reformation where the GC clearly has not!!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Note who or what is the source of your information. 3ABN. Is it accurate?

It seems to me that the GC may be gearing up for dealing with the present rebellion, via some sort of church discipline. If there is to be a review of the organizational status of the Columbia Union, it must be initiated by the GC Executive Committee, and it has already been announced that that committee will meet this October to consider the present situation.

But appearing with Danny who should have been disciplined a long time ago sort of sends a contrary message.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up