Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trans European Division affirms harmony with GC  (Read 19356 times)

Johann

Re: Trans European Division affirms harmony with GC
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »

Today our Conference President showed us pictures from this ministerial counsel from where this report came.

The Sabbath sermon was given by Pastor Whintley Phipps. Other speakers were Arthur Stele and Lowell Cooper, Vice Presidents of the GC, Mark Finley, and others.
Nice to know, but what concrete aspect does it have to do with this thread?

Just to help give a total picture of this TEC conference with 1,200 pastors and spouses, where the president openly makes known his personal conviction that the ordination of women is fully in accord with the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy, but that he will wait for the GC to give its approval. It is also made clear that all of the union presidents within this division are in agreement that the ordination of women is in harmony with Scripture.
How do you know that ALL the Union Presidents are in agreement that the ordination of women is in harmony with Scripture?

From the report of the president that has already been posted here. You will see that one union president was somewhat hesitant, and yet in agreement. . .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:34:59 PM by Johann »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »

Today our Conference President showed us pictures from this ministerial counsel from where this report came.

The Sabbath sermon was given by Pastor Whintley Phipps. Other speakers were Arthur Stele and Lowell Cooper, Vice Presidents of the GC, Mark Finley, and others.
Nice to know, but what concrete aspect does it have to do with this thread?

Just to help give a total picture of this TEC conference with 1,200 pastors and spouses, where the president openly makes known his personal conviction that the ordination of women is fully in accord with the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy, but that he will wait for the GC to give its approval. It is also made clear that all of the union presidents within this division are in agreement that the ordination of women is in harmony with Scripture.
How do you know that ALL the Union Presidents are in agreement that the ordination of women is in harmony with Scripture?

From the report of the president that has already been posted here. You will see that one union president was somewhat hesitant, and yet in agreement. . .
Are you referring to your very first post in the creation of this thread?  If so, I can't find where that is stated there.

Johann

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »

It must be posted in another topic. But here it is in his report:

Of all the 11 unions today in the TED, only one union president stated that his union would not at present ordain women as pastors, even if it was permitted, but he had no objection to this being done in other unions.
http://www.ted-adventist.org/news/statement-on-womens-ordination-to-the-pastoral-ministry

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »

It must be posted in another topic. But here it is in his report:

Of all the 11 unions today in the TED, only one union president stated that his union would not at present ordain women as pastors, even if it was permitted, but he had no objection to this being done in other unions.
http://www.ted-adventist.org/news/statement-on-womens-ordination-to-the-pastoral-ministry

I don't see him saying that he is in agreement or that he thinks it is biblical. He just isn't objecting to it being done elsewhere.

But most importantly, the TED is on record that they will wait, and I think that is the only proper position to have at this time.

Johann

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 03:53:29 AM »

Today's message from TED:

Trans-European Division
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.
Erma Bombeck
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up