Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adventist Forums and Websites  (Read 50552 times)

Emma

Re: Adventist Forums and Websites
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »

Do you leave out a forum such as BSDA because some of the members do not follow the standard SDA line?  I have found the general tenor of that site to be SDA oriented.

reddogs

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2008, 01:22:42 PM »

Do you leave out a forum such as BSDA because some of the members do not follow the standard SDA line?  I have found the general tenor of that site to be SDA oriented.

If the site or administration purpose or basis is Former-Adventist, Ex-Adventist or Anti-Adventist site, I would not generaly add them to the list... (i.e. www.ellenwhiteexposed.com)

Discussing and debating Adventism is one thing, but if the site is against Adventism I would not want to direct the average newbie or Adventist to it and for good reason. After many threads in BSDA which made clear their veiwpoint, I finally asked in seperate threads if anyone in BSDA believed in the 28 Fundimentals or accepted the Spirit of Prophecy and Ellen White, and the response from the members was not in the affirmative....

Because of the rejection of basic Adventist beliefs and views by Clay/Stormyone and others, the Adventist section at Christianforums was thrown into turmoil and had to be divided into Progressive/Moderate/Former Adventists group and a regular Adventist, which basically tore apart many members as they had to choose one or the other. Talk about a literal 'shaking' out, we went throught it.....  

http://christianforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=943

Despite it all, I consider Clay/Stormyone a good friend, but as I believe in the Adventist truths, we just have to take seperate paths till the Holy Spirit brings us into all truth and I hope to see him there....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:15:31 PM by reddogs »

Ozzie

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »

Despite it all, I consider Clay/Stormyone a good friend, but as I believe in the Adventist truths, we just have to take seperate paths till the Holy Spirit brings us into all truth and I hope to see him there....

Seems to me that you've set yourself up as judge and jury as to who is Adventist and who is not, but I guess we've seen quite a few of your ilk, who make their own decision on who is Adventist and who is not. So sad to see people who will try to lock other Adventists out of their midst, "because they don't measure up to their own personal standards". :scratch:

Trouble is, that there are many people missing from our pews because of such judgemental attitudes.
:'(
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Johann

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2008, 11:31:34 PM »

I still have a great love for Chows and would like Martha Stewart for that reason alone if not for her other admirable talents.  ;D  Unfortunately I live in a trailer park and we are not allowed pets over 20 pounds.  :'(
GrammieT   :dogwag:

Interesting that you should mention Martha Stewart. She happens to be visiting Iceland these days, if she hasn't left. Martha Stewart came here to visit the wife of the president of Iceland who is a good friend of hers. A couple of days ago they went to have some food at a restaurant not far from where we live. The president went along, and their "private" trip was caught by a newspaper reporter.

A member of the Icelandic parliament protested in his blog that the president lets himself be seen together with Martha Stewart because she apparently was caught in an inappropriate business deal a few years back.

Now this politician is under heave attack by other bloggers calling him narrow minded. Some state that Martha Sttewart was really innocent, others think it was well done of the president to accompany is wife and her visitor.

reddogs

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2008, 05:16:37 AM »

Seems to me that you've set yourself up as judge and jury as to who is Adventist and who is not, but I guess we've seen quite a few of your ilk, who make their own decision on who is Adventist and who is not. So sad to see people who will try to lock other Adventists out of their midst, "because they don't measure up to their own personal standards". :scratch:

Trouble is, that there are many people missing from our pews because of such judgemental attitudes.
:'(

I do not judge Clay/Stormyone as he knows I think of him as a brother in Christ and talk long and hard with him on these truths, it is from his own posts and threads and many one on one discussions, and you can ask him to verify his views on Adventism and against the Spirit of Prophecy if you want, as we have seen from his many posts but you are free to verify it for yourself...

What are we to do if someone goes against the truth, how do we handle it by ignoring it and letting them fall into error, I think not....

19My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

If I wander from the truth I would hope and pray my brothers in Christ would do everything they could to come for me to bring me back...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:30:25 AM by reddogs »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »

What are we to do if someone goes against the truth, how do we handle it by ignoring it and letting them fall into error, I think not....

19My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

If I wander from the truth I would hope and pray my brothers in Christ would do everything they could to come for me to bring me back...

Other forums that you frequent are quite well known for their anti-SDA mainstream beliefs. Particularily so concerning EW and the SOP. I don't see many having a problem with that which goes against our doctrines.
There are even those that like to pull a sentnece or two from EW'a writings and mock them or make her look like a raving,radical loon.
Which is the better approach. I have no idea if what you say concerning BSDA and Clay is true or not, but if it is, it seems he is upfront about it. Is that somehow worse than the ones that are quietly here and there working against EW and her writings and what we believe. For me, give me someone that is staright forward any day
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008, 01:46:10 PM »

I still have a great love for Chows and would like Martha Stewart for that reason alone if not for her other admirable talents.  ;D  Unfortunately I live in a trailer park and we are not allowed pets over 20 pounds.  :'(
GrammieT   :dogwag:

Interesting that you should mention Martha Stewart. She happens to be visiting Iceland these days, if she hasn't left. Martha Stewart came here to visit the wife of the president of Iceland who is a good friend of hers. A couple of days ago they went to have some food at a restaurant not far from where we live. The president went along, and their "private" trip was caught by a newspaper reporter.

A member of the Icelandic parliament protested in his blog that the president lets himself be seen together with Martha Stewart because she apparently was caught in an inappropriate business deal a few years back.

Now this politician is under heave attack by other bloggers calling him narrow minded. Some state that Martha Sttewart was really innocent, others think it was well done of the president to accompany is wife and her visitor.

Well, when it comes to insider trading, the banks are the worst. They use their analysts and others to tip off others when they are going to dump stock and/or they know information that will affect stock. Only those in the know can read in between the lines and get out while the getting is good, the others suffer when the stock tanks...

reddogs

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2008, 06:06:52 AM »

Other forums that you frequent are quite well known for their anti-SDA mainstream beliefs. Particularily so concerning EW and the SOP. I don't see many having a problem with that which goes against our doctrines.
There are even those that like to pull a sentnece or two from EW'a writings and mock them or make her look like a raving,radical loon.
Which is the better approach. I have no idea if what you say concerning BSDA and Clay is true or not, but if it is, it seems he is upfront about it. Is that somehow worse than the ones that are quietly here and there working against EW and her writings and what we believe. For me, give me someone that is staright forward any day

Well if you are the moderator/ADMIN on a Adventist site, you would at least expect that they believe in the basic 28 fundimentals and EGW and basic Christian beliefs, and since that is not the case with the ADMIN, moderators, or others in BSDA, that is why I cannot recommend them as a good SDA site. Here is Clay/StormyOne responding to another member on his beliefs...

".........28th June 2008, 06:43 PM 
 StormyOne 
Senior Veteran
Blessings: 12,294 [Bless]
Reps: 101428 (power: 108)

Quote-Originally Posted by Adventtruth 
If what is meant by the word fundamentalism is infallibility of the Bible not only in matters of faith and morals but also as a literal historical record, holding as essential to Christian faith belief in such doctrines as the creation of the world, the virgin birth, physical resurrection, atonement by the sacrificial death of Christ, and the Second Coming then I will kindly welcome the title fundamental........

AT

well that clarifies things.... it also explains why religion is probably a topic you and I need not discuss because there is no common point from which to begin dialog..... glad that's been cleared up.... have a good evening....

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:11:18 AM by reddogs »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up