Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: When Will the Chickens Come Home to Roost?  (Read 12987 times)

SDAminister

Re: When Will the Chickens Come Home to Roost?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »

In the story of the prodigal son, did the father sit there anticipating with joy the news that the chickens had come home to roost with his son? When the disciples wanted a village full of people to burn to death because they rejected Jesus, He rebuked them. He sat on the hill looking at Jerusalem and wept at the thought of its its habitants being lost.

You, SDA Minister seem to cherish the thought of fire coming down, gloat at the thought of the prodigal son languishing, and can't wait to see the destruction of the inhabitants of the PUC. Bob, does this also reflect you? I think it does. I suggest you both rethink Christianity and what it means. As per 1Cor 13, citing Acts 15 and 9T is meaningless if you are not showing love, and that you certainly are not.

Why so much hate, Murcielago? You are trying to put words into my mouth. What's with all this fire coming down and the death of people? Do you have a sick mind? Is this what Christianity is?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 08:45:48 AM »

This forum has become toxic to the Christianity of some who read posts here..

The view of God that is presented here, by some, is neither Biblical nor is one that many pepole would want to spend eternity with.

Murcielago has it right more often than not.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 12:37:14 AM »

Rudeness and a lack of civilized graces are a poor substitute for substance, and in no way represent or witness for Christ.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »

Could you suggest for us a way to express the thoughts of Mat. 18:17 and 1 Cor. 5:13 that you think would harmonize with 1 Cor. 13? I agree that Mat. 18:17 and 1 Cor. 5:13 must be carried out in an attitude of love. But there are some folks that no matter how you do it, they will call it unloving.

“People long to do something to cleanse the church… But it is the spirit of Satan not the Spirit of Christ, that inspires such acts.” EGW in COL

Johann, I can't find any such quotation in COL.

Are you opposed to church discipline under any and every circumstance? Or just for those who persistently refuse to recognize properly constituted church authority?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 04:06:09 PM »

This forum has become toxic to the Christianity of some who read posts here..

The view of God that is presented here, by some, is neither Biblical nor is one that many pepole would want to spend eternity with.

Are you opposed, Gregory, to church discipline, even though both Jesus and the apostle Paul advocated it?

I admit, your posts supporting the present rebellion come across to me as toxic.

Do you recommend that the next GC Session remove "persistent refusal to recognize properly constituted church authority" from the list of grounds for church discipline?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »

Could you suggest for us a way to express the thoughts of Mat. 18:17 and 1 Cor. 5:13 that you think would harmonize with 1 Cor. 13? I agree that Mat. 18:17 and 1 Cor. 5:13 must be carried out in an attitude of love. But there are some folks that no matter how you do it, they will call it unloving.

“People long to do something to cleanse the church… But it is the spirit of Satan not the Spirit of Christ, that inspires such acts.” EGW in COL

Johann, I can't find any such quotation in COL.

Are you opposed to church discipline under any and every circumstance? Or just for those who persistently refuse to recognize properly constituted church authority?
The only part of that quotation that I can find is "But it is the spirit of Satan not the Spirit of Christ, that inspires such acts" that was taken from this paragraph:
Notwithstanding Christ's warning, men have sought to uproot the tares. To punish those who were supposed to be evildoers, the church has had recourse to the civil power. Those who differed from the established doctrines have been imprisoned, put to torture and to death, at the instigation of men who claimed to be acting under the sanction of Christ. But it is the spirit of Satan, not the Spirit of Christ, that inspires such acts. This is Satan's own method of bringing the world under his dominion. God has been misrepresented through the church by this way of dealing with those supposed to be heretics.  {COL 74.1} 
I can't find the "People long to do something to cleanse the church..." part of Johann's EGW quote anywhere in the writings of EGW, therefore, I hope Johann can tell us why he posted this in such a way as to make it look like she wrote that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:38:05 PM by Daryl Fawcett »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »

The other part came from p. 71:

"Christ's servants are grieved as they see true and false believers mingled in the church. They long to do something to cleanse the church. Like the servants of the householder, they are ready to uproot the tares. But Christ says to them, 'Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest.'"

Rest assured that it is not satanic to follow the procedure outlined in Mat. 18 and 1 Cor. 5 for certain grievous sins. Fornication is one such, according to 1 Cor. 5:13. But there is a world of difference between a vote of censure or disfellowship on the one hand, and imprisonment, torture, or death on the other. There are no civil penalties involved in Adventist church discipline today ... unless you violate U.S. trademark law.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 05:21:04 PM »

Then only the word "People" wasn't in that quote, which is why I couldn't find the exact quote.

Johann

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »

It should have been: People "long to do something to cleanse the church… But it is the spirit of Satan not the Spirit of Christ, that inspires such acts.”

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »

And Johann, I have observed a very disturbing spirit in many of those who "long to cleanse the church." There is a spirit of hatred, a desire for something that will injure and hurt people enough to create a sense of satisfaction for their need to see those whom they disagree with, experience pain in the greatest capacity possible. They quote scripture to try justifying their need to see division and pain, but even Satan himself can quote scripture to justify his evil desires. By their fruits ye shall know them, and hatred, and desire to impose pain is the fruit of evil, not of God. Division is something desperately sought by those who cry out for the church to split itself. A desire to bring back union would be in line with scripture, but these people demand division. It seems to help fulfill their need for apocalyptic drama.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 05:39:48 AM »

Going ahead against the world decision of the church in GC Sessions and not allowing the GC to do their, hopefully, unbiased study is what I call rebellion that leads to division.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up