Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

The Gospel

<< < (2/2)

Battle Creek:
We have so many wonderful comments in this area, like this:

--- Quote ---  If those who claim to be Christians will heed the words of Christ, all who come in contact with them will acknowledge that they have been with Jesus and have learned of Him.... {TMK 336.3}
Simple faith in the atoning blood can save my soul; and with John, I must call the attention of all to the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world. Jesus has saved me, though I had nothing to present to Him, and could only say, “In my hand no price I bring, Simply to thy cross I cling.” Never did a sinner seek the Saviour with the whole heart but that the Saviour was found of him.... {TMK 336.4}
We may claim the blessed assurance, “I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions” (Isaiah 44:22). Thy “sins, which are many, are forgiven” (Luke 7:47). O how precious, how refreshing, is the sunlight of God’s love! The sinner may look upon his sin-stained life, and say, “Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died” (Romans 8:34). “Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound” (Romans 5:20). Christ the Restorer plants a new principle of life in the soul, and that plant grows and produces fruit. The grace of Christ purifies while it pardons, and fits men for a holy heaven. We are to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ until we reach the full stature of men and women in Christ. O that we might all reach the high standard which God has set before us, and no longer remain dwarfs in the religious life! What beams of light would be reflected to the world in good works if we should become light bearers such as God would have us!32 {TMK 336.5}
--- End quote ---

Artiste:

--- Quote from: Battle Creek on September 26, 2012, 06:53:38 AM ---Does Jesus marvel at our faith who are posting on Advent Talk?

--- End quote ---

I think that Jesus marvels more at the faith of those who are not deceitful, Battle Creek.

Battle Creek:

--- Quote from: Artiste on September 26, 2012, 01:37:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Battle Creek on September 26, 2012, 06:53:38 AM ---Does Jesus marvel at our faith who are posting on Advent Talk?

--- End quote ---

I think that Jesus marvels more at the faith of those who are not deceitful, Battle Creek.

--- End quote ---

Who is to judge?

Battle Creek:
The Gospel Story continues:

--- Quote ---Luke 8

New King James Version (NKJV)
Many Women Minister to Jesus

8 Now it came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him, 2 and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities—Mary called Magdalene, out of whom had come seven demons, 3 and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others who provided for Him[a] from their substance.
--- End quote ---

Those mentioned by name were some of those who had experienced forgiveness in a large measure.

Battle Creek:
How  many sermons have you heard based on this text, on the many women who followed Jesus when He visited the towns and villages? Three of them are mentioned by name, and the first one is Mary Magdalene, the same woman mentioned just before as she anointed the feet of Jesus.

--- Quote --- As did Nathan with David, Christ concealed His home thrust under the veil of a parable. He threw upon His host the burden of pronouncing sentence upon himself. Simon had led into sin the woman he now despised. She had been deeply wronged by him. By the two debtors of the parable, Simon and the woman were represented. Jesus did not design to teach that different degrees of obligation should be felt by the two persons, for each owed a debt of gratitude that never could be repaid. But Simon felt himself more righteous than Mary, and Jesus desired him to see how great his guilt really was. He would show him that his sin was greater than hers, as much greater as a debt of five hundred pence exceeds a debt of fifty pence. {DA 566.5}
Simon now began to see himself in a new light. He saw how Mary was regarded by One who was more than a prophet. He saw that with keen prophetic eye Christ read her heart of love and devotion. Shame seized upon him, and he realized that he was in the presence of One superior to himself. {DA 567.1}
--- End quote ---

Does this story make us see ourselves in a new light?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version