Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN violates federal court order  (Read 16416 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
3ABN violates federal court order
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »

Mollie Steenson is the 3ABN contact person for 3ABN's latest litigation against the "Save 3ABN" efforts. 3ABN contracted with Steve Rinehart, a Utah lawyer, who then filed a complaint with a Minneapolis firm called National Arbitration Forum.

The problem is that the dismissal order in the case against us requires 3ABN to refile claims based on the same or similar facts only in U.S. District Court in the Central Division of the District of Massachusetts. They aren't allowed to file them with a private arbitration company in Minneapolis. Thus, 3ABN is in blatant violation of the order.

I notified NAF today of the problem with proceeding, and received a reply that said they were going to proceed anyway, and I have to file a response by November 27 (if I don't want to risk being declared in default).

To read up about NAF, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Arbitration_Forum. Note that the MN Attorney General sued them, which was settled in 2009 by a consent decree.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN violates federal court order
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »

We need to do everything possible to publicize the scandals. That's the one thing Danny fears more than anything else.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »

He fears scandal more than anything?  That's interesting!

If Mollie Steenson is the contact person for the litigation, what is her official postion in it?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »

So, Bob, if you file a response by November 27, will that also be to try to counteract the arbitration proceedings?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »

Could you give some more explanation as to what 3ABN's latest litigation against the "Save 3ABN" entails?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »

So they, as in 3ABN, are trying to deal with the Save 3ABN sites another way, even though it is in defiance of a Federal Court Order?

Perhaps the Federal Court needs to be informed of this and have another Federal Court Order issued to stop the NAF proceedings directed at 3ABN, or directed at the NAF itself?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »

So they, as in 3ABN, are trying to deal with the Save 3ABN sites another way, even though it is in defiance of a Federal Court Order?

Perhaps the Federal Court needs to be informed of this and have another Federal Court Order issued to stop the NAF proceedings directed at 3ABN, or directed at the NAF itself?
I would also be interested in an answer to Artiste's question.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »

We need to do everything possible to publicize the scandals. That's the one thing Danny fears more than anything else.

It seems like AdventTalk is the only Adventist chat site that publicizes the ongoing 3ABN problems. 

Others don't want to talk about it?

(Stan, I see you here from time to time...any observations?)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »

It appears to me that if 3ABN does not immediately withdraw this unlawfully filed complaint, and pursue their claims in USDC, D. Mass., we will have to proceed to file a motion for injunctive relief, to show cause why 3ABN should not be held in contempt of court, for sanctions, and for whatever else we deem appropriate. Does 3ABN really want that?

As I have reviewed the facts at issue, it seems indisputable to me that 3ABN cannot rightfully come out on top on this one. We have court documents (or other legal documents in 3ABN's possession) from 2008, 2010, and 2012, which all show that they filed this current complaint in blatant violation of an explicit order of a U.S. District Judge, and all but one of these documents are freely available on http://www.3ABNvJoy.com/.

In fact, the condition that 3ABN must file their claims in Massachusetts was something that 3ABN repeatedly argued in court and on appeal adequately protected us from the negative impact of the voluntary dismissal. (The last paragraph did not refer to these.) I fail to see how they can now argue that we don't need that protection after all. There is such a thing as estoppel.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »

What exactly are 3ABN's claims and complaint in this case?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »

Interesting development.

Keep us updated.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »

It sounds like a bad joke. They're actually alleging that Gailon and I are trying to get Linda Shelton reinstated at 3ABN. She's better off not at a place that still retains a fellow who covered up child molestation allegations against a now-convicted pedophile, allegations that he had reason to believe were true, misconduct he has yet to apologize for.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »

It sounds like a bad joke. They're actually alleging that Gailon and I are trying to get Linda Shelton reinstated at 3ABN. She's better off not at a place that still retains a fellow who covered up child molestation allegations against a now-convicted pedophile, allegations that he had reason to believe were true, misconduct he has yet to apologize for.
What would make them think that you and Gailon were trying to do that???

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »

Unbelievable!

After all these years they're still continuing with the Linda theme?

Danny Shelton must have a lot of guilt over his treatment of Linda...he can't stop trying to implicate her for something or other.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »

It almost seems as though this litigation effort is being used as a smoke screen--to take attention away from Alex Walker's lawsuit and the settlement process.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up