Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton's latest picture  (Read 19436 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Tommy Shelton's latest picture
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »

Stan, there were two guilty pleas, a real one and an Alford one.

In July 2010 Tommy pled guilty, outright guilty, to abusing both victims, in exchange for no jail time. The judge rejected that plea deal, and Tommy withdrew his plea.

Then early last year, Tommy entered an Alford plea, sometimes called an Alford guilty plea, in which Tommy admitted that if the case went to trial, there would be enough evidence to convict him, while at the same time protesting that he was innocent. That's an Alford plea. "Yes, there's enough evidence to convict me, but I'm innocent anyway." The result is the same as if he had been found guilty, but costs less, perhaps results in less jail time, or some other benefit.

Tommy agreed to the Alford plea and left his sentence up to the judge.

Regardless of the Alford plea, Tommy still admitted in July 2010 to abusing both victims. That's the key point. Tommy admitted to being a child molester in that guilty plea. He said he was guilty.

Stan

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »

If I recall correct, Gregory explained the difference before.  Not all will understand, some people can not even figure out things like what happens when a person dies either.. 

Such is life...
And some people just refuse to see when someone is guilty.

He could very well be guilty of this..  I was just glad to have it go through the court system, that does not mean his brother or his wife or anyone else was aware.   Reminds of the man who kept those three girls in his house for 10 years, his brothers claim they did not know.. could be.. could be not.

Did Linda say she was aware of Tommy activity when he was hired?

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 11:38:51 PM »

Stan, pull your head out of the sand...

All of Tommy's siblings knew the truth before it ever went to trial. Earlier, Tommy's own son threatened to go to the authorities unless his father entered counseling. Under those circumstances how could his wife be ignorant of his pedophilia?  Tommy admitted it himself. Goldie Shelton, his mother, intervened for Tommy to keep him out of jail years earlier. That is why Tommy lived in Kentucky while working in Illinois for 3ABN.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 08:13:26 AM »

Exactly! Stan I promised long ago never to say another word to you again. Your an ignorant man. Theres No need to even try discussing anything with you. It's pointless.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »

He could very well be guilty of this..  I was just glad to have it go through the court system, that does not mean his brother or his wife or anyone else was aware.   Reminds of the man who kept those three girls in his house for 10 years, his brothers claim they did not know.. could be.. could be not.

Stan, as I stated over on your web site recently, there are three affidavits that say that Danny knew. The affidavits are as follows:
  • An affidavit by someone who in their home around the mid-1980's listened to Danny trying to convince a boy not to go to the authorities.
  • An affidavit by someone who in Danny's home around 1985 listened to Danny and Tommy talking about the allegations.
  • An affidavit by someone who Danny discussed the allegations with in the late 1980's or early 1990's.
I've also talked with a person whom Carol told that she had thought that Tommy could molest his own grandkids.

Did you want to see these affidavits? Would that help?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 11:12:07 PM »

Stan, Carol knew and enabled him for years. I grew up in this, you didn't. You are making a fool of yourself.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Stan

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 11:13:45 PM »

Exactly! Stan I promised long ago never to say another word to you again. Your an ignorant man. Theres No need to even try discussing anything with you. It's pointless.

That should be you are or you're.

Stan

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 11:21:06 PM »

Stan, as I stated over on your web site recently, there are three affidavits that say that Danny knew. The affidavits are as follows:
  • An affidavit by someone who in their home around the mid-1980's listened to Danny trying to convince a boy not to go to the authorities.
  • An affidavit by someone who in Danny's home around 1985 listened to Danny and Tommy talking about the allegations.
  • An affidavit by someone who Danny discussed the allegations with in the late 1980's or early 1990's.
I've also talked with a person whom Carol told that she had thought that Tommy could molest his own grandkids.

Did you want to see these affidavits? Would that help?

I have appreciate the fact that you post under your own name..

the statement "talked with a person whom Carol told that she  had thought that Tommy could molest " is over the top of gossip to me, it is good for investigation, and it should be, but not for posting.  In my opinion.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »

the statement "talked with a person whom Carol told that she  had thought that Tommy could molest " is over the top of gossip to me, it is good for investigation, and it should be, but not for posting.  In my opinion.

Then when the press publishes stories that use information like that, which they do all the time, are they nothing better than gossips?

I believe part of the criminal case against Tommy in Virginia involved Carol telling someone else that she was afraid something had happened, or that DT had been hurt, or something like that. The witness Carol told was going to testify, and that was probably part of the reason Tommy decided to enter his Alford guilty plea.

The individual I referred to in my statement was also prepared to testify if needed.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »

And let's not forget that Tommy pled guilty before the Alford plea as well. In other words, he has admitted to being a sexual abuser.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 03:01:47 PM »

That should be you are or you're.

Well aren't you smart?
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up