Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

Why did Jesus give the parable of Rich Man and Lazarus.

<< < (2/2)

Bob Pickle:

--- Quote from: reddogs on February 22, 2014, 06:44:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: Larry Wilson ---Lazarus was reduced to a position of begging when he became leprous and the Pharisees had no sympathy.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My son thought of this: Lepers couldn't beg like that, since they had to stay far away from people.

Luke 16:20  And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

Would a leper ever get that close?

reddogs:

--- Quote from: Bob Pickle on March 01, 2014, 05:54:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: reddogs on February 22, 2014, 06:44:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: Larry Wilson ---Lazarus was reduced to a position of begging when he became leprous and the Pharisees had no sympathy.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My son thought of this: Lepers couldn't beg like that, since they had to stay far away from people.

Luke 16:20  And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

Would a leper ever get that close?

--- End quote ---
Yes, does seem like it is off, let me dig and see what I find..

Bob Pickle:

--- Quote from: reddogs on March 01, 2014, 04:27:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: David Curtis ---Those present, thinking of Lazarus, who had been raised from the dead by Christ, and who was at this time a guest in his uncle's house, began to question, saying, "Who is this that forgiveth sins also?" But Christ continued, "Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace." "At Simon's House"........" [Signs of the Times, May 9, 1900]
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think that's interesting. I don't remember running across that before.

Is there any way we can tell that Judas was the son of THAT Simon?

Some names were used a lot, for good reason: Mary is the same name as Miriam, and a lot of parents wanted to name their daughters after Moses' sister Miriam. James is the same as Jacob, Simon is the same as Simeon. Of the 12 disciples, one was Simon Peter and another was Simon Zelotes. Thus, how can we tell which Simon Judas was a son of?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version