Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: An attack upon the life of Linda Shelton  (Read 40827 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: An attack upon the life of Linda Shelton
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »

I am also surprised that any judge would allow it to go on that long.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »

Wendall,

Linda already changed attorneys awhile back. It isn't that her representation is necessarily incompetent. Remember how 3ABN/Danny dragged their feet on discovery with us? Same story with Linda. They already had an appeal which slowed everything down, and I think it was Danny that appealed. I got to read some of the filings around New Years, and it looked to me that even after the appeal, Danny was still trying to keep his income under wraps. The 10 Commandments book, the income Danny got from that, he's been trying to prevent any discovery on what he actually made on it.

You think Danny might want to stipulate to something fair, honest, and just?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 05:14:54 AM »

I find it odd that Lily would fault Linda for "suing" Danny in order to divide up their marital property. Danny sued Linda for divorce, but Lily doesn't fault him for that.

Lily also questions who is paying Linda's legal bills. Well, who is paying Danny's legal bills? I'd like to know.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2014, 11:01:05 AM »

I am still surprised and wondering why any judge would allow this to go on that long.

Battle Creek

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »

The old judge retired.
It is not always men who are best adapted to the successful management of a church. —Manuscript Releases 19:56.{PaM 36.2}

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2014, 04:38:53 PM »

So it goes back to square one again when judges retire?
The old judge retired.

Battle Creek

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2014, 04:45:05 AM »

Some make more use of it than others
It is not always men who are best adapted to the successful management of a church. —Manuscript Releases 19:56.{PaM 36.2}

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2014, 10:18:20 AM »

Danny is a thug......He is a pedophile but he is also a thug.....a big cry baby who has to have his way or no way. No matter the cost. And all of his supporters....well....they're brainless sheep.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:22:34 AM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 06:56:42 PM »

Reviewing again this portion that Linda posted on Facebook:
I would like to share with you an urgent prayer request, and also some background information to this prayer request. The last couple of weeks have been tragic, to say the least. A number of attempts were made to take my life through poisoning. As a result I was confirmed by a medical doctor to have life threatening amounts of arsenic, aphrodisiacs and radiation in my body.
Which aphrodisiacs were used?

Battle Creek

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2014, 06:26:21 AM »

It will be interesting to read her book.

childoftheking

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2014, 02:53:46 PM »

Might this be the problem?
From the last court order:

Indeed, although we take no position with regard to whether the royalties Danny has been
paid pursuant to the sales of the books would be determinative of the value of Linda's interest,
there is no doubt that if the books are derivatives of the manuscript, they could not legally exist
without Danny having conveyed the right to create them to Shelley, and therefore the amount
of royalties Danny has been paid might very well be probative of the value of Linda's interest,
and the trial court might need to revisit, to some extent, its June 14, 2011, ruling that prevented
Linda from inquiring "as to the amount of proceeds arising from" sales of the books.
The question,
after all, would not necessarily be how much money Danny actually received immediately upon
transferring to Shelley the right to create the derivative works, but how much that right, as an item of
marital property, was in fact worth at the time of its transfer, regardless of what Danny
received immediately for it.

childoftheking

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2014, 09:19:33 PM »

Worse than having Linda win, I think the prospect of having his dealings looked into could be somewhat terrifying. Perhaps he will settle out of court rather than open his finances up to the court for inspection.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2014, 07:51:22 AM »

Worse than having Linda win, I think the prospect of having his dealings looked into could be somewhat terrifying. Perhaps he will settle out of court rather than open his finances up to the court for inspection.

What if Linda is unwilling to settle for the offer that Dan makes to her? Would he find that an acceptable outcome? Wouldn’t it be more comfortable for Dan if Linda’s book is never published and the discovery from the court case is never made public? If something happened to Linda, her children might choose to settle rather than become involved in a never ending court case.

How much easier would it have made Dan’s situation, if the attempt on Linda’s life had been successful?

Sister

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2014, 04:24:15 AM »

This was posted three hours ago:
Quote from: Linda Shelton on Facebook
THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY MUCH for your prayers and concern! God has been incredibly good to me and is taking care of me...as always! (We all live and breath because of His tender Grace and Mercy!)

I will survive this. There are some very good treatments for poisoning. It does take some time as the body continues to empty itself of the toxins. So I am still taking activated charcoal everyday. (Incredible stuff!)

The police in Florida have escalated this incident to a major crime investigation. Please pray with me that the villains can be caught. (It is a strange age in which we are living. The value of life gets less and less in America.)

My prayer everyday is that I can fulfill my mission for God in planet earth. It's the Main Thing! Although we go through a variety of situations good and bad, we can still be a Witness! And our circumstances and situations have the ability to reveal important truths to us...about God, about life and about ourselves. So valuable!

So have a Great day today...and help make someone else's day Great too! Sending Hugs and Prayers your way!! Linda

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2014, 04:06:34 AM »

Any updates regarding this?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up