Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN's 2006 Form 990  (Read 11824 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
3ABN's 2006 Form 990
« on: April 03, 2008, 08:49:21 PM »

Anyone know why Remnant isn't listed in Part II-B on page 1 of Sch. A of 3ABN's Form 990? They did fulfillment for the Ten Commandments book, and that certainly cost more than what 3ABN paid Olympusat.

http://www.save-3abn.com/media/3abn-form-990-2006.pdf

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN's 2006 Form 990
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 12:49:21 AM »

Anyone know why Remnant isn't listed in Part II-B on page 1 of Sch. A of 3ABN's Form 990? They did fulfillment for the Ten Commandments book, and that certainly cost more than what 3ABN paid Olympusat.

http://www.save-3abn.com/media/3abn-form-990-2006.pdf

:scratch:  :dunno:

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:26:43 PM »

Could it be a timing problem?  Is it possible that the invoices from Remnant were not received or processed before the end of 2006?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:09:39 PM »

Could it be a timing problem?  Is it possible that the invoices from Remnant were not received or processed before the end of 2006?

Isn't 3ABN on an accrual basis? If so, then they would need to go by the date of reception,a s they did when reporting purchases on their financial statements from D&L and DLS.

It could be possible that Remnant didn't send the invoices until after 2006, but then why would 3ABN report in the attached statement to the 990 $3 million cost of goods given away?

I think that last point is the clincher. That proves that most or all of the invoices were on 3ABN's books by the end of 2006.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 07:41:08 PM »

Bob,

I think you are correct.

The statement said there were a total of 7 that received > $50,000.  There are only  5 listed.  They "Seem" to have them listed them from largest to smallest.  However, since the 2 are "Missing", we don't know who or how much the amount was that belong to those two. 

Look at page 11 of 21; Part III; # 2c.  The box is checked. 

Now look at the last statement in the notes on page 21 of 21

Can anyone tell me who the relative of Danny is that sells 3ABN inventory to sell.

Also, who are the relatives of Danny that provided music services.  I assumed that would be Tommy, but does this probably include his sister, Tammy, Melody, and Tommy's daughters.  How many more are there?  Just curious.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »

Well, alrighty then.  After closer review, I believe you are absolutely right Bob!    :thumbsup:

Hey - do you taxes, too??  I could use some help...

Isn't 3ABN an accrual basis? If so, then they would need to go by the date of reception,a s they did when reporting purchases on their financial statements from D&L and DLS.

It could be possible that Remnant didn't send the invoices until after 2006, but then why would 3ABN report in the attached statement to the 990 $3 million cost of goods given away?

I think that last point is the clincher. That proves that most or all of the invoices were on 3ABN's books by the end of 2006.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 06:15:54 PM »

Interesting, Fran!  So basically, 3ABN agrees that during 2006 they "either directly or indirectly engaged in furnishing goods, services or facilities to substantial contributors, trustees, directors, officers, creators, key employees, or members of their families, or with any taxable organization with which any such person is affiliated as an officer, director, trustee, majority owner, or principal beneficiary."  Also interesting is that the IRS requests that a detailed statement be attached explaining these transactions.  I don't see the explanatory statement!!

Did you also notice the answer to question 82a in Part VI on page 7?  "Did the organization receive donated services...?"  3ABN says "no".  Are they saying there that they had no volunteers during the year?

And at the bottom of the same page, note the answer to question 91b...did the organization have a financial account in a foreign country?  The "no" box is checked but "Russia" is written in.    :dunno:

Bob,

I think you are correct.

The statement said there were a total of 7 that received > $50,000.  There are only  5 listed.  They "Seem" to have them listed them from largest to smallest.  However, since the 2 are "Missing", we don't know who or how much the amount was that belong to those two. 

Can anyone tell me who the relative of Danny is that sells 3ABN inventory to sell.

Also, who are the relatives of Danny that provided music services.  I assumed that would be Tommy, but does this probably include his sister, Tammy, Melody, and Tommy's daughters.  How many more are there?  Just curious.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 05:27:49 AM »

The statement said there were a total of 7 that received > $50,000.

There were the 5 highest paid which are listed, plus 7 others which are not listed, making 12 total.

Could that include the basketball court for off hours play? If only the detailed statement were attached, we could know.

Hey! Why doesn't someone ask 3ABN for the detailed statement, since it is required to be open to public inspection? Then they could post it here.

I've wondered about that. Was DLS owned by Brandy when the form was filled out? Is Dwight Hall a cousin of Danny? Does Melody or Tommy control a corporation that sells their own CD's to 3ABN?
Pages: [1]   Go Up