Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Allegations Exist Only If They Are Proven to Be True?  (Read 19754 times)

Lil Star

Re: Do Allegations Exist Only If They Are Proven to Be True?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 07:38:19 AM »

What does it say about those who attack, sue, finance suits against, or, regarding ASI membership, discriminate against those who are concerned about such things?

One can only sue against those accusations that have been proven to be factual.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 07:44:54 AM »

What does it say about those who attack, sue, finance suits against, or, regarding ASI membership, discriminate against those who are concerned about such things?

Not always true Lil Star. Most anyone can file a lawsuit. The filing is not the big obstacle. Most simply are not prepared when they do file a lawsuit as to what is involved and what all comes out in the wash.
When you feel complled to file a suit, either make sure your skirts are clean or you don't mind others having a bird's eye view of your dirty laundry
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »

Actually, that is suppose to be the case. But far too many lawsuites are malicious misuse of process

An example was the Davenport Lawsuite against Adams and Felts...Davenport was running a Ponzi scheme and the administrators in the church that bought into the mess were violating all kinds of fiduciary duty and violated North American Working Policy. They used a Federal Lawsuite to run a smokescreen and end the attacks against Davenport and the disclosure of the Administrators error.

The 3ABN vs Joy has similar purpose...they needed to end the investigation and stop the disclosures.
They even tried impounding the case so the world would not know or see.

Much to their chagrin, the investigation goes on and the disclosures continue.

But their real problem is not here but with the foolish effort to malign Linda and to maliciously interfere in her contractural relationships.

C'est la vie.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »

Actually, that is suppose to be the case. But far too many lawsuites are malicious misuse of process

An example was the Davenport Lawsuite against Adams and Felts...Davenport was running a Ponzi scheme and the administrators in the church that bought into the mess were violating all kinds of fiduciary duty and violated North American Working Policy. They used a Federal Lawsuite to run a smokescreen and end the attacks against Davenport and the disclosure of the Administrators error.

The 3ABN vs Joy has similar purpose...they needed to end the investigation and stop the disclosures.
They even tried impounding the case so the world would not know or see.

Much to their chagrin, the investigation goes on and the disclosures continue.

But their real problem is not here but with the foolish effort to malign Linda and to maliciously interfere in her contractural relationships.

C'est la vie.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Do you think that certain church administrators would also like to see the 3ABN investigation stop also? 
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 09:57:48 AM »

Do you think that certain church administrators would also like to see the 3ABN investigation stop also? 

Ever play domino's or pickup sticks?
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 10:01:51 AM »

There are church administrators who recognize that the allegations that have surfaced must be dealt with properly, and who realize that they haven't been dealt with properly.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 12:36:17 PM »

There are church administrators who recognize that the allegations that have surfaced must be dealt with properly, and who realize that they haven't been dealt with properly.

Are these church administrators trying to do anything about it?  Or if they have no authority that would allow them to directly affect the problem, what efforts are they making in their own sphere to deal with it?

Or do they just expect laymen such as you and Gailon to do it?

We here on Advent Talk are trying to do our part by open discussion of the issues and disseminating information as best we can.

Are those church administrators doing at least that?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:31:14 PM by Artiste »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 01:30:45 PM »

I am not privy to everything that may be going on. And each administrator certainly has plenty of fires to deal with on their own. I'm afraid I don't have adequate info to answer your question.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 02:32:52 PM »

I am not privy to everything that may be going on. And each administrator certainly has plenty of fires to deal with on their own. I'm afraid I don't have adequate info to answer your question.

Good point, I do realize that they have their own responsibilities to handle.

Many thanks to you and Gailon for what you are doing!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up