Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm quite happy and quite thankful!  (Read 11746 times)

RND

• You are Israel
I'm quite happy and quite thankful!
« on: May 16, 2008, 04:46:08 PM »

I just happen to disagree with the general mindset that says if you don't agree with us and our positions then you must not be a patriot, or committed to our cause and our country. Only in America can one exercise their right to free speech and in the same breath be told "But you don't have the right to say that!"

Look, I'm terribly sorry that many of you appear to be offended at my questioning the obvious political tone and speech of a certain thread here. It seems a certain poster here considers himself quite patriotic and likes to post threads that have a "obvious" political bent to them, then appears to vein innocence when that political view is called into question.

My advice, if you don't want your political views challenged, keep them to yourself. However, if you post something I find politically questionable you can bet I'm gonna call you out on it.

Whether you have chosen the false right-side of the paradigm, or the false left-side of the paradigm, I'm going to comment and I'm going to be ready to point out the flaws in either false dichotomy and interpretation of political speech.

When I joined this forum there was nothing in the rule book about having to accept ONE political point of view and ONE interpretation of that view. If you are going to be bold enough to spread your political views and expect people to accept them them you should be prepared to defend those very political views.

Otherwise, you are just a parrot reciting the party line.

In another thread it was suggested that I take a sabbath break (a sabbatical?) from a particular thread to give me "a chance to think about his happy attitude and all that he has to be thankful for!!"

I'm thankful for many things, most of all the opportunity to enter into a prison this sabbath and preach the Good News of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ!

I don't need any time to think about what I'm happy about or grateful for, but I certainly appreciate the suggestion! But really when we cut to the quick we can see that if one doesn't like the tone of an obviously political thread thread in order to shut-off free speech then we'll just close the thread.

One can hide their eyes all they want, the truth ain't going away!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:52:17 PM by RND »
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

RND

• You are Israel
Re: I'm quite happy and quite thankful!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:01:26 PM »

George W. Bush and John Kerry admitting membership in the secret society of Skull and Bones.

Skull and Bones

"Those who stand under the bloodstained banner of Prince Immanuel cannot be united with the Free Masons or with any secret organization. The seal of the living God will not be placed upon anyone who maintains such a connection after the light of truth has shone upon his pathway. Christ is not divided, and Christians cannot serve God and mammon. The Lord says, "Come out from among them, and be ye separate, . . . and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty" (2 Cor. 6:17, 18).--Letter 21, 1893.  {2SM 140.1}
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

hobie

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:03:45 PM »

I just happen to disagree with the general mindset that says if you don't agree with us and our positions then you must not be a patriot, or committed to our cause and our country. Only in America can one exercise their right to free speech and in the same breath be told "But you don't have the right to say that!"

Look, I'm terribly sorry that many of you appear to be offended at my questioning the obvious political tone and speech of a certain thread here. It seems a certain poster here considers himself quite patriotic and likes to post threads that have a "obvious" political bent to them, then appears to vein innocence when that political view is called into question.

My advice, if you don't want your political views challenged, keep them to yourself. However, if you post something I find politically questionable you can bet I'm gonna call you out on it.

Whether you have chosen the false rightsize of the paradigm, or the false leftist of the paradigm, I'm going to comment and I'm going to be ready to point out the flaws in either false dichotomy and interpretation of political speech.

When I joined this forum there was nothing in the rule book about having to accept ONE political point of view and ONE interpretation of that view. If you are going to be bold enough to spread your political views and expect people to accept them them you should be prepared to defend those very political views.

If you find my thankfulness for what this country offers and has stood for I can't help that. Yes, of course we have problems. We have mistakes. We have wrongdoing that should never occur. I am still thankful for what I have and you can "call me out on it all you wish". There are some that are motivated to spread misery and dissension in order to prove they are a cut above the rest.

I have chosen neither right or left. I have chosen to be happy and grateful for what I have, while knowing it is not to last. You can be   ready to point out the flaws in either false dichotomy and interpretation of political speech.
This was not a political speech. The totally awesome rock was not political speech. I thought it beautiful and a terrific piece of artwork. I appreciated the tribute to our troops. It matters little what I may think of a war,I believe that our young men and women are very deserving of that tribute.

Is it possible for you to quit obsessing over this. You cannot hear or seem to understand there was no political intent.
I was not spreading my political view.I was not telling you that you had to be thankful for anything. You took a simple writing or statement and bent it into a diatribe against the country,the catholic church, 9/11 conspiracy,and many other issues that were not included in being thankful for what we do have.

hobie

RND

• You are Israel

hobie

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »

John F Kennedy speech on the dangers of secret societies

I would be very appreciative if you could tie this in with what started this whole sorry business.
John F Kennedy is certainly not my guide. I have never embraced sercret societies. I have not recommended them to anyone.
Why is being grateful for what we have so offensive to you?

hobie

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 05:11:49 PM »

Actually, I closed the thread, RND, because it appeared that you ignored one admin warning and argued about it when it was brought to your attention.  My closing that thread had nothing to do with disagreeing with your POV, as I really don't care what your political leanings are.

I hope you don't plan to continue that train of attitude, though.  If you have a problem with the moderating here, let me direct your attention to the "Forum Concerns" topic which is the one place where it is OK for you to argue these type of points.  Otherwise, I'll be happy to recommend a time-out for you!!

Happy Sabbath!

I don't need any time to think about what I'm happy about or grateful for, but I certainly appreciate the suggestion! But really when we cut to the quick we can see that if one doesn't like the tone of an obviously political thread thread in order to shut-off free speech then we'll just close the thread.

One can hide their eyes all they want, the truth ain't going away!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 05:16:51 PM »

author=Snoopy link=topic=403.msg4997#msg4997 date=1210983109]
Actually, I closed the thread, RND, because it appeared that you ignored one admin warning and argued about it when it was brought to your attention.  My closing that thread had nothing to do with disagreeing with your POV, as I really don't care what your political leanings are.

I hope you don't plan to continue that train of attitude, though.  If you have a problem with the moderating here, let me direct your attention to the "Forum Concerns" topic which is the one place where it is OK for you to argue these type of points.  Otherwise, I'll be happy to recommend a time-out for you!!

Happy Sabbath!

[/quote ]

Possibly if you let this one run and no one answers or acknowledges this obsession to keep it going,it will eventually wind down.
Even those that are impressed with the sound of their own voice or their words in print get tired after awhile.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

RND

• You are Israel
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 05:22:05 PM »

ADMIN HAT ON

RND,  I deleted your entire post as it was antagonistic and in direct violation of the last warnings you were given.  I closed the Leno thread for a reason.  Let it go.  This is the last warning you will receive.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Post deleted by Snoopy

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:27:50 PM by Snoopy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up