Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Explosive Charges Leveled Against 3ABN on YouTube!  (Read 104279 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Explosive Charges Leveled Against 3ABN on YouTube!
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2008, 08:49:17 PM »

I didn't.  Did you? 

Did you notice how many times they had been viewed in the short time they were there?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2008, 08:51:50 PM »

Absolutely right!!  And how sad that some must have spent most of their holiday weekend just trying to get rid of some videos!

It's no big deal. There are much greater venues for broadcasting the info. It's just a matter of time before the right contact is made.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »

I didn't.  Did you? 

Did you notice how many times they had been viewed in the short time they were there?
If you go to the page where the vids were it will still show you how many times each was viewed. 2 of them had 400 views each.

Of course, we don't know how many of those views were Danny, Mollie, Walt and others tuning in.  :ROFL:
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2008, 08:59:12 PM »

Bob who?

You mean it was not you Bob?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2008, 09:00:16 PM »

I'd be willing to bet on who some of "the others" were!!!

If you go to the page where the vids were it will still show you how many times each was viewed. 2 of them had 400 views each.

Of course, we don't know how many of those views were Danny, Mollie, Walt and others tuning in.  :ROFL:

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2008, 09:05:36 PM »

There one day, gone the next.  But the disappearing videos don't change any facts.  I can just picture the scrambling going on behind the scenes to get them taken down.  I'm surprised it took as long as it did.
Quite amazing really.

Ozzie

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2008, 09:21:53 PM »

There one day, gone the next.  But the disappearing videos don't change any facts.  I can just picture the scrambling going on behind the scenes to get them taken down.  I'm surprised it took as long as it did.

Oh my giddy aunt! I'm just trying to picture that 'scrambling'.  :rabbit: Quite hilarious really!  :ROFL:

And the number of times each was viewed in such a short space of time!  :scratch:

It must have taken most of their holiday weekend, to manage to get them taken down, but just think, how many people will have already copied them too!  :dunno:

And... the word is 'out there'!  :oops: One can't get the chicken back into the egg, once it's out.  :hot:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »

Ozzie, are you absolutely sure about that chicken???  Have you ever tried???

Oh my giddy aunt! I'm just trying to picture that 'scrambling'.  :rabbit: Quite hilarious really!  :ROFL:

And the number of times each was viewed in such a short space of time!  :scratch:

It must have taken most of their holiday weekend, to manage to get them taken down, but just think, how many people will have already copied them too!  :dunno:

And... the word is 'out there'!  :oops: One can't get the chicken back into the egg, once it's out.  :hot:

Ozzie

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »

Ozzie, are you absolutely sure about that chicken???  Have you ever tried???

Well... no Snoopy. Maybe I need to wait till 'THE MOB' teach me how :dunno:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2008, 06:18:57 AM »

In my opinion surmising and speculating here does no good. Nor does what is being posted here make any sense to me.

It was a holiday weekend, and no courts were even open, there is no way a legal injunction could have been made even if that was possible. I don't consider it likely that either 3ABN nor their lawyers had anything to do with it.

The content of the videos from what I saw was just the same ole, same ole which has been regurgitated and chewed on over and over. You can find the same content and views on the save-3abn. com or .info sites.

What could 3abn or their lawyers do anyway?

Send a cease and desist letter?
We've already seen how Pickle and Joy reacted to the last one by upping their efforts, and continuing.

File a lawsuit, and sue them for defamation of character? already being done...

In my opinion you all need to look elsewhere for the answers...

*I think* that the problem is a legal dispute between "Victory News service" and the "content creator of the Pickle interview series" (or one caused by the "content creator putting all on Youtube)  If the content creator is not Pickle or Joy then only Pickle who did the interviews can explain who it is... and what that legal dispute is about.

Quite obviously the "content creator" wanted the interviews in the public domain, and "Victory News service" removed them, or was instramental in them being removed as there is a legal dispute with the content creator about this, and VNS is acting on advice and council they have received....

Q.Why would I have this opinion and think this?
A. well, rather than making up a theory or story with no basis, I actually read and considered what was posted on You Tube by VNS.. :)

For Immediate Release:

Due to a legal dispute with
the content creator
of the
Bob Pickle interview series

And upon advice and
council, VNS is
withdrawing
the Pickle
interview series.

VNS was also given notice
of the content creator's
desire that the interview
series be in the public domain

VNS has acted ethically at all times
and reserves the right to pursue all options
regarding all aspects of
this issue

Inquiries regarding this
issue may be sent by
personal message to the
VNS You tube account.

One question I have is.. who or what is Victory News service and where may one read or view other "news" or "releases"  from them? I find no info online about them anywhere...

Ian

edited to note that the colored font, and bold text was added to the above quote by myself for emphasis.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:46:15 AM by Ian »

Mary Sue Smith

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2008, 09:26:24 AM »

If you go to google and put in "Victory News Service" nothing comes up. I think VNS was started by your supposed reporters: Bob Pickle and Gailon Joy. They want to be seen as investigators I guess.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »

If you go to google and put in "Victory News Service" nothing comes up. I think VNS was started by your supposed reporters: Bob Pickle and Gailon Joy. They want to be seen as investigators I guess.

Instead of just thinking, one way to find out for sure would be to contact VNS and also Bob/Gailon and ask. Better to do that then to "think" on your own. Sometimes getting the true answers solves the wondering. Wouldn't you agree?
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2008, 03:47:42 PM »

For Immediate Release:
of the content creator'sdesire that the interview
series be in the public domain.

Doesn't that mean that anyone who has a copy of the video clips is free to post it on YouTube?
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2008, 04:27:15 PM »

It is a bit confusing, isn't it?  But I am now of the mind that it wouldn't be such a good idea to have it out there right now.  Things are becoming a lot clearer...

For Immediate Release:

Doesn't that mean that anyone who has a copy of the video clips is free to post it on YouTube?

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2008, 04:02:03 PM »

It is a bit confusing, isn't it?  But I am now of the mind that it wouldn't be such a good idea to have it out there right now.  Things are becoming a lot clearer...

For Immediate Release:

Well, why don't you get them from your friends and test that out Snoopy???

I wonder why you can search in vain for any reference to VNS, or the videos  now...

All is so very open, transparent and public on your party's side???
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up