Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks like its Obama.........  (Read 24555 times)

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: Looks like its Obama.........
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 08:03:42 AM »

No Jahann, the question has never been if Hawaii is part of the US. The doubts have been that he was born in Hawaii or the US anywhere, when his grandmother says he was born in Kenya and she was there at his birth. There are good reasons why this has been (or tried to be) investigated and why there are so many that doubt he was born in the US.

One link you can read if you like
http://www.israelenews.com/view.asp?ID=3324

When I read the allegations about his citizenship I recall the class I had in college on American Government where we studied the requirements to become a president of the United States. We were told the presidency of the United States was the only office in this country which is not open to any citizen of the United States. In all other aspects a born and a naturalized citizen have equal rights. Schwarzenegger and Henry Kissinger had no problems becoming a governor of California or Secretary of State, but neither of the two could ever become President because neither of them were born in the United States. It seems like I read somewhere that Henry Kissinger was very sad to know that he could never become president.

It appears that Obama was born in Hawaii, so the question then is, is that island a part of the United States of America?

There seems to be a question of dual citizenship. I have two brothers-in-law who were born in Michigan but brought up in Germany during the Second World War under Adolf Hitler, and there they were regarded as German citizens until American troops conquered Nazism, and then the re-established American consulate granted them their brand new American passports - with no questions raised.

When I took that college class we never saw that a dual citizenship prevented a person born in the United States from becoming President. But you never know what some people may be able to dig up? Some lawyers seem clever. . . as they re-interpret laws to mean something that was not intended.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Johann

Re: Looks like its Obama.........
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 10:11:59 AM »

I studied that impressive video and some of the other material from this link. I see there are definitely differences of opinion as to where he was born. I once read of a Dutch couple whose child was born in the air on their way from the Netherlands to Canada. Somehow the plane got navigated over US territory at the tiime of the birth, and that made the child a US citizen even though neither he nor the parents had ever been to the United States.

Certain lawyers can do wonders. Who will be the new President on January 20? I saw in a document from that link that Obama's birth was registered in Hawaii in a local newspaper at the time of his birth. Somebody cheating? How  will we find out?

The person introducing the video stated that he was collecting all the evil acts of Obama. He has a full right to do that, or not?

No Jahann, the question has never been if Hawaii is part of the US. The doubts have been that he was born in Hawaii or the US anywhere, when his grandmother says he was born in Kenya and she was there at his birth. There are good reasons why this has been (or tried to be) investigated and why there are so many that doubt he was born in the US.

One link you can read if you like
http://www.israelenews.com/view.asp?ID=3324

When I read the allegations about his citizenship I recall the class I had in college on American Government where we studied the requirements to become a president of the United States. We were told the presidency of the United States was the only office in this country which is not open to any citizen of the United States. In all other aspects a born and a naturalized citizen have equal rights. Schwarzenegger and Henry Kissinger had no problems becoming a governor of California or Secretary of State, but neither of the two could ever become President because neither of them were born in the United States. It seems like I read somewhere that Henry Kissinger was very sad to know that he could never become president.

It appears that Obama was born in Hawaii, so the question then is, is that island a part of the United States of America?

There seems to be a question of dual citizenship. I have two brothers-in-law who were born in Michigan but brought up in Germany during the Second World War under Adolf Hitler, and there they were regarded as German citizens until American troops conquered Nazism, and then the re-established American consulate granted them their brand new American passports - with no questions raised.

When I took that college class we never saw that a dual citizenship prevented a person born in the United States from becoming President. But you never know what some people may be able to dig up? Some lawyers seem clever. . . as they re-interpret laws to mean something that was not intended.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up