Specialty Forums Category > Hobby & Craft

Memory Quilt

<< < (3/3)

Fran:
Your interests and my interests are really running along together here!  Should we be scared?

Thanksgiving is coming soon.  I am going to make this tree.  It is sewn/quiilted, and the tree is fabric.  In the pattern there is a pattern for cutting many leaves.  The patterns suggests you make a lot of leaves and embroider things you are thankful for.  I figure I can use it as a generation tree also.  On the tree background sew buttons where you want the leaves.

When you cut the leaves out, you will need to put a button hole in each one, and embroider what you are thankful for; or the names of you immediate family and carry it out as far as possible.

I am going to put the leaves in a nice basket and let everyone choose their name, or their thankful sayings.  I think I will have and acorn to add to each leaf.  This could be for parents and children.  This way my genealogy tree can hold more names.

The pattern is from September 2002 issue of Sewing Savvy.  I really like it.

bonnie:

--- Quote ---Your interests and my interests are really running along together here!  Should we be scared?
--- End quote ---

At least a bit maybe. If it is fabric related I am into it.

Ozzie:

--- Quote from: bonnie on July 09, 2008, 06:14:05 AM ---
--- Quote ---Your interests and my interests are really running along together here!  Should we be scared?
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I quite envy you both. My stupid arthritic fingers won't permit me to do anything like that, but I can admire other people's talents. :dogwag: :purr:

bonnie:

--- Quote from: Ozzie on July 12, 2008, 03:38:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: bonnie on July 09, 2008, 06:14:05 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I quite envy you both. My stupid arthritic fingers won't permit me to do anything like that, but I can admire other people's talents. :dogwag: :purr:

--- End quote ---

I am so fortunate that I do not have any of the problems so many have to face and deal with. I am not a very patient person when I want to do something and can't.
Probably why I hated being pregnant. Ended up somewhere between a beached whale and greyhound bus. Had to really give a lot of thought to going from one room to another the last couple of months

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version