Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy Lemon Pudding Cake  (Read 3121 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Easy Lemon Pudding Cake
« on: July 16, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »

Easy Lemon Pudding Cake

INGREDIENTS
Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon

Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- juice of 2 lemons

METHOD
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get water boiling in a kettle

1. Whisk together flour, sugar, powder, soda, and salt in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together soy milk, oil, zest, and lemon juice. Add to flour and stir with a spoon until just mixed. Pour into a 8 x 8 pan and spread evenly.
2. Whisk together sugar and flour, then sprinkle evenly over batter.
3. Pour boiling water and lemon juice over top. Do not stir.
4. Bake for 40-45 mins, until top is golden and cake is cooked through.

GRAT

Re: Easy Lemon Pudding Cake
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »

I made this last night for potluck today.  I'm not a vegan but there are some in our church so thought I'd try it.  It was very good.  We have vegan signs to put by vegan dishes and some of us laugh that that is a sign to stay away from the dish.  So I put one by the cake thinking that I may be bringing it home with me, but there was not one piece left.  (Actually I split the last piece with someone who wanted to try it.)  Weird how the pudding forms on the bottom.   :thumbsup:

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 03:20:19 PM »

This cake is a joke in our house and between my SIL and I. I am the one in the family that does all the baking. Bread,pies,homemade noodles etc.  I can not make a decent lemon pudding cake to save my neck.

My SIL makes this all the time and does it perfectly. I am going to try once more.If it doesn't work this time it is going out the window
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 06:31:51 PM »

Will definitely try this recipe as I love anything lemon. 

In the 50's, my grandmother made a lemon chiffon cake that had a rich lemon drizzle frosting over the top that would also run down the center hole.  It was so yummy I would speed through anything set before me to reach that dessert!
??? ?? ??? ?? ????
Pages: [1]   Go Up