Specialty Forums Category > Hobby & Craft

Recycled Blue Jeans

<< < (3/3)

bonnie:

--- Quote from: Johann on July 22, 2008, 06:11:05 AM ---Some issues change. Some years back the church would not hire a pastor unless he wore a good size beard. Later on a bearded man could not find employment.

In Africa I heard the wife of a senior pastor claim that most of our pastor wore an ungodly adornment with no practical purpose - a tie! Many feel that a pastor must wear a tie. Why?

--- End quote ---

We have never had a bearded pastor. We have had some characters in the pews but the good far outweighed the bad. Had a very elderly woman that could take me to task for the smallest thing, but had to love that old lady.

She was the watchman in the foyer and did a "great" job. Could chew me out for my skirt being an inch to short and then give me a hug. She would always surprise me with little things. One sabbath she "ordered" me to stop after church. We did so and she gave me a beautiful afghan she had made.
Because all four of my boys were in the church even if "at times my skirt was to short" Had I shown up in this outfit I would have had to call the paramedics for her

Really loved that old gal. I would never have dreamed of straying  as she kept a closer eye on me than my mother had

Ozzie:

--- Quote from: Johann on July 22, 2008, 06:11:05 AM ---Some issues change. Some years back the church would not hire a pastor unless he wore a good size beard. Later on a bearded man could not find employment.

In Africa I heard the wife of a senior pastor claim that most of our pastor wore an ungodly adornment with no practical purpose - a tie! Many feel that a pastor must wear a tie. Why?

--- End quote ---

Beats me Johann why a man wants to start the day off, with a noose around his neck!  :oops:

Tradition again, I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version