Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marinated Potato-and-Artichoke Salad  (Read 9276 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Re: Marinated Potato-and-Artichoke Salad
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »

Where do you live Grandma Nettie? It would be unkind for me to show less interest in your location than you have shown in mine.

:oops: I am not Grandma Nettie.  I am GrammieT and I am jus' dat lil ole whaat lady fum Burren Sprangs, Michigan.  :ROFL:

It's just that all these recipes you keep putting out are beginning to become a book and I sure would enjoy trying some of them out with you and your hubby but I'm afraid we are a little far apart to do that without a lot of planning, huh?  Of course, I am assuming that you live somewhere in the southern Illinois area, but don't tell me here!  ;D   I wouldn't want to be accused of 'phishing' fer sure! :rabbit:  :hot:

GrammieT   :dogwag:

Sorry about the Grandma/Grammie mix up. :oops: We are too far away for you to come visit, cook and return in the same day. Currently we are not set up for overnight guests. Sorry...

Since we are not available, why not pass out your favorites from the recipes posted to different church members and organize a recipe exchange potluck. You could have the church print out the recipes used and have them available to those who have attended. It might break down some prejudice against pure vegetarian dishes. Some folks are not aware that you can eat tasty food without milk, butter, eggs and cheese.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 08:44:45 PM »

Where do you live Grandma Nettie? It would be unkind for me to show less interest in your location than you have shown in mine.

I live in beautiful Northern California, close to the rather artsy downtown in a small city of less than 200,000. This afternoon while I was preparing cornbread and fruit salad for my family, the stylings of a small jazz combo performing at an event at the museum around the corner from my home floated in through my open kitchen windows.

Down the street a few blocks is a lovely park.  Sadly, I can't see it from my windows.  My view is just of a busy street and a carpet store, but many lovely sights are quite close by.

When I heard you describe your apartment as having "lots of windows" it just raised my curiosity about what your view was like.

I was making potatoes salad today, which we will have with veggie dogs and tomatoes for Sabbath lunch, and looking outside my kitchen window the view is pleasing, but not as lovely as the park you pictured in your post.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 08:21:44 AM »

Nice.

My favorite kitchen window view was from the duplex we lived in when our three children were young.  There was a huge Peace rose bush close by, at least 5 feet tall, that was often covered with beautiful deep pink and yellow variegated blossoms.   Made washing dishes a pleasure.

The pictured park was often the site of Sabbath picnics as my siblings and I grew up.  There used to be brightly colored koi in the ponds, as well as lots of pollywogs, but those have all disappeared.  Perhaps the Mallards have had something to do with some of that.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up